Reviews for An illusion, a shadow, a story
lizziejean123 chapter 1 . 2/8/2023
oooh, this is a good story! Intrigued by the first part, the story of Catherine, then realizing that was all his doing, but how nice for Agnes, and he told Sarah, explained it was because he just wanted a chance with her, right? (I always want to think the best of Jareth) NOPE. That sentence '...there's no danger of Sarah learning the truth', gave me the shivers! Had to read it twice! A very poor start to a marriage, with promises of dishonesty and hurt in the future.
Wasabi Sauce chapter 1 . 12/12/2021
Yes! Finally a really amazing believable Goblin king story. You did a wonderful job.
Gloria47 chapter 1 . 4/9/2021
LOL! Another gem! The ending gave me quite a giggle.
BowieQueen chapter 1 . 8/21/2019
Wow, what a twist!
pinkdynamite chapter 1 . 3/25/2019
Fantastic twist!
Margot Grazyna chapter 1 . 2/25/2019
co za przewrotne zakończenie, zaskoczyło mnie i aż się prosi o ciąg dalszy, jaka szkoda że nie zdecydowałaś się na kontynuację. I tak było pełne słodyczy
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2018
I read this story some time ago and neglected to review.

And The magnificent Trickster strikes again! How masterful! To fool Sarah, and the readers into believing Jareths' enticement. Each piece so believeable, such an ego boost for Sarah, so soothing to our romantic hearts. Hook, line and sinker, we were all landed! Only Sarah now remains innocently unaware in her domain.

I sheepishly extend my heartiest admiration to the craft, and deviousness, of the author. Ahem, ..Gotta go..
Ayehli chapter 1 . 7/18/2018
I did NOT see that coming, and that doesn't happen so often anymore! I found myself leaning closer and closer to the screen as I read-thank you for such a perfectly structured, smooth-as-silk story!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2018
Loved it
MarinaIbrahim chapter 1 . 3/17/2018
H-HOLY SHIIIIIIEEEE* THAT TWIST IN THE END OH MY GOSH. The first half of the story was really captivating, it really set up a mysterious atmosphere, and then when it got to where Jareth and Sarah met again I thought, okay this is sweet, more light-hearted than I expected (I'm a sucker for them arguing lol). And then nearing the ending I was like, "alright, a pleasant, no-drama wedding" and was about to think "I guess that was on okay read", but then you go around and DO THAT. My eyes widened and I gasped, I couldn't believe that happened (well, now that I think about it, I can since it's Jareth we're talking about lol)! Certainly an unexpected ending! This turned out to be a great one-shot. Thank you. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2018
oh shit. I so did not see that coming.
Tata-Fox chapter 1 . 8/10/2017
Oh ooooohhh... wow. That twisted ending.. wow. Totally unexpected. Great writing. Just... wow.
Roksolana chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
Son of a ...! how he tricked her! I can't stop smiling. This story is brilliant!
PenArt chapter 1 . 1/3/2017