Reviews for Mayonaka
How has it been six years? OTL
Lady Rosencrantz chapter 8 . 7/12
I have no clue why I continuously torture myself with reading stories that are not only not finished but are obviously never going to be completed and yet time and time I again I submit myself to torment.
jennelyn12 chapter 8 . 6/17
Really good! I enjoyed it very much thank you :D
I don't think I've ever come across a detective conan repat-time au and I like it.
When Kaito realized his feelings for Shinichi, that was hilarious and a nice break from all the angst XD I'm surprised really that Kaito didn't realize sooner, I mean he was all over Shinichi and was costantly thinking about him too XD
I also liked the fact that here it's Shinichi who's always hiding behind multiple layers of masks and it's Kaito who's trying to figure out Shinichi and usuallly it's the other way around, so it's a good kind of different :)
Everything is original and different than other usual fics and I praise you for the fantastic ideas in your story! Your writing is good too, I feel the pain of Shinichi whenever he's depressed, I especially felt really in tune when Kaito was defending him from Hakuba, the flow of that part was perfect (when he said "What if I am" and realized I was face-palming but at the same time thinking "Thank god finally!" XD)
I hope this isn't discountinued because I love it :)
SoLeo chapter 8 . 12/10/2015
I just hope you are still getting notifications about this story, because I'm mad as hell that this story is not complete.
It was so gooooooood! and needy Kaito tugs at my heart so much. He deserves to be loved! and by Shinichi!

I hope I can bribe you into returning to the fandom, I'm not sure how but I would like to try!
I know many others have also reviewed and commiserate with me about the incomplete status of this if it has been years - we wait, ever hopeful, for your return (give us part 2 of this chapter at any rate) to complete this tale.

There are so many things about this story that I loved. the pacing, the brief glimpses into Shinichi's other lives. but i love that this time he's making an effort again. Kaito is bringing him hope again that he hasn't had for so long.
Loner Kid chapter 3 . 11/10/2015
Ohohoho they met! Im lov'in this!
Loner Kid chapter 2 . 11/10/2015
Why didnt he think that shinichi might be back with him?
Loner Kid chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
Interesting
So its a looing fic huh
blackkyu chapter 8 . 10/19/2015
It's sad this has not continued and that you, as an author, have not written anything for some time, however, thank you for what you have managed! I love it!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/24/2015
-whines- its been 5 years please come back and finish this
Shana-Fujioka chapter 8 . 9/4/2015
I'm glad I found this story because it's really interesting! I love it! I wonder how Shinichi and Kaito's relationship will progress from now on. I'm looking forward to the next chapter in case you ever decide to write or upload it. :D
Yaraslava Rada chapter 7 . 7/18/2015
Apparently I've already commented on the last chapter of this story but here's another one!
This story is wonderful! You have their tone down so well and I absolutely love apathetic!shinichi. Can't wait till he realizes that he's in love with Kaito. XD I hope to see this updated again soon!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/19/2015
I hope you're alright, and I hope you didn't abandon this fanfic because it ROCKS!

this fic is one of the best I've ever read!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
I already reviewed, but for real, I'll help you write this if it takes too long to do so yourself, you're probably hecksa busy. Just tell me what to write, anything. I just really need to see this go on, and not end here.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/29/2015
I know this has been said to death already, and this story hasn't been updates in 5 years, but gosh darn it if I wouldn't wait another 10 for even 1 new update. Heck, I'd wait 20, 30 years even. I'd wait a lifetime. Just please, I beg you. I know that life is a thing, things happen. But I just found this and marathoned it, staying up all night it was so good. I need a continuation, just something, anything! If you're reading this, just know that if you did return to writing this, even just one more chapter, we'd all die of happiness.
snips chapter 8 . 4/24/2015
I feel a tinge bit guilty for not reviewing earlier, at the very least on the very first chapter, but I promise I'll eventually reread this lovely work to tell you how much each individual chapter meant to me, and viewers alike.

It's been quite a while since you guys updated, and it's not like you're completely inactive, seeing that you have posted some works within the last year or so, and it's understandable that life gets in the way. But I hope that despite the hiatus status, you guys eventually have the motivation to pick this back up. (And if not, I hope you know everyone really appreciates the fact you guys even made this work. Really, thank you.)

The premise of Mayonaka is one of my favorites, especially for angst. (Which isn't at all coincidental with those who're fans of homestuck or nge ppfft) But seeing Shinichi and Kaito rework their lives, especially Shinichi having to relearn how to live since this life is not at all what he has already experienced within the others, something that he can't even predict and hope his autopilot responses learned from other pasts could, is a bit heartbreaking? "Fate" has already taken so much from him through his deaths, through the ripping of his reality and relationships each and single lifetime and that the only way he could possible cope is to slowly but surely numb himself to the apathetic objectiveness he wields more and more within later lives. With familiarity, comes comfort, even if it's a hurting kind of complacency when it comes to making decisions on other people's lives (he knows and wishes he could help but it could always be much, much worse if he did, right?) So dragging (down) along Kaito to this madness is both the worse and best possible thing for his sanity. Both for ruining that predictability Shinichi had come to hone and use as a shield to get through the mess, but also for making it possible for anything to happen both (for good and bad consequences). It's a wicked problem with no solutions except they're both in for a wild ride that's bound to maybe or not crash.

Even watching them both interact and try to fit their existences within the predetermined cutout figures of their 'previous' self hurts. Kaito's humor and tricks a bit too sharp. Shinichi, oh poor boy, too jaded and close to dead. Precious Ran being fiery and wonderfully warm and so unreachable and Aoka slowly adapting to the shifts (maybe but slowly) and just everyone else being the same, unchanged, 'untouched'. Ouch. Your characterization are on-point to the painful T.

Despite the angst, the humor and tiny bits of lightheartedness managed to keep things from being too ...much. (not that many of us would mind ppft). The school shenanigans and the way their twisted up existences are made to complement and keep each other afloat is endearing. (Though at the same time it's a little bit nervewrecking since for the same it could be the reason for their downfalls. )

I don't want to keep rambling, but thank you to both of you again.