Reviews for Hiding the Pretty
The Rain On Your Parade chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Wow. This is amazing! So well written and insightful. So sweet and just aaaw so great. I feel like this should be a deleted scene because I can so see it happening!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss. This is pretty much how i felt about priestlys transformation and u just put it into words. I felt that he did it for himself but that he would still go back to most of his old look after their first date. mmmmm you should write a sequel or prequel or something to this. i like the whole take on the story
fanfar3 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Don't know if you are still around in Fanfiction, but...

I love this explanation of why Priestly presented himself the way he did. It is actually the only way that I will ever be able to accept that he changed himself to get a date with Tish. I was so irritated by that in the movie because the whole theme is about the ways we hide ourselves (Piper hiding from Noah the fact she thinks she's Julia's mom; Tish hiding the fact that she wants a nice guy but none ask her out; Jen hiding behind a computer instead of meeting Jeff face to face; Trucker hiding his wartime past, etc) and yet Priestly changes to get someone to see him for who he is inside. This story of yours is the first time I was able to step back and consider that maybe he was hiding behind the punk stuff...and maybe, just maybe, pretty WAS the real Priestly...who Priestly wanted to be.

Nice job!
eaconwell chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
wow that's really interesting. i'd never considered it from the point of view that priestly was angry at jen for judging fuzzy because people used to judge him the same way. *mind is blown* whole new perspective.
Taylor Hayes chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Loved this.
fatewalker chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Nice! I was always kinda irked by the ending of the movie where Priestly had to change who he was to get Tish. This way he's changing for himself, and that's okay.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
This fic made me smile. Go Trucker! I love how he acknowledges that he's the surrogate parent for everybody. It really is true. *sigh* Poor Priestly. Silly boy that he is. Glad Trucker could help on this one.
asdf42 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Wow, I love it is so credible!
Jellicle chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Totally awesome! Loved it!
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
loved every bit.

excellent writing.

trucker and priestly were in perfect character
racefh853629 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
This is a really cute, really sweet story! I love it a lot! Awesome, awesome job! :D
delicate monstrosities chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Hey,

Lovely job! I never thought of the transformation as anything but change and a drastic one at that. Fanfiction is wonderful for back stories that may or may not be privy to the story. This one is interesting and not a normal pairing, but a smart one.

Thanks for this!

-rusted
may7fic chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
I really enjoyed this. Though I never had issues with Priestly's transformation - never thought he did it *for* Tish - I feel this story wonderfully ties in his rant about Fuzzy and appearances and the ultimate choice he made to reveal himself. Lovely effort. Thank-you.
Becky Yuy chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
thanks so much for this story! i dont tend to venture much into movie fanfic but i ffound this story on someone's favorite and couldt resist readig it and im glad i did! this is what i needed after seeing the ending, which left me confused lol on one hand, i was glad to see jensen looking so freaking adorable! not that i had a problem with punk!jensen, that was pretty aweesome too haha but it was just too cute how awkward he looked asking tish out, on the other hand, i felt that it went against the movie's theme, of accepting people as who they are and stuff and didnt really like that priestly seemingly changed himself for tish.

this story made it plausible that priesly didnt change for tish but for himslef and his little rant about fuzzy makes a lot of sense now. so from now on, ill be taking your version of reality when watching this movie again lol
gatorpez chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
I enjoyed reading this fic. Thanks for sharing it.

I didn't have an issue with the movie's ending, I saw that Priestly's mohawk, piercings, etc. were a facade. But, I still enjoyed getting more into Priestly's head, so

thanks. :-)