Reviews for Fair Stands the Wind
CuppaTea13 chapter 23 . 11/12
Fabulous! That's all I can say: absolutely fabulous!
Just as wonderful, enrapturing, and thoughtful on the second read through as the first!
Thanks for sharing!
8oclocksleeper chapter 23 . 10/30
I had to read some paragraphs twice to understand the unfamiliar terms, but I really enjoyed reading this. Lizzie was easily my favorite character here, and if it's even possible, Mr. Darcy was even more swoon-worthy. I only wish there were more scenes after they reunited. Thanks so much for this!
Windchimed chapter 23 . 10/29
I've passed by this story many times while browsing through P&P fanfiction. The lack of a description always threw me off, so I moved on to other stories with interesting summaries. I'm glad that I finally took the time to read this.

I can also now understand why you don't have a more typical summary. This story is AU in so many ways that it's difficult to summarize in such a short space. This is, for all intents and purposes, original fiction that borrows some aspects from "Pride and Prejudice." That said, though, it's an excellent story. The plot, the characters, and the relationships all work. It's well written, and it includes a nice mix of angst, humor, and sweetness.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much for sharing it!
Windchimed chapter 22 . 10/29
Hmm, that seems like abandoning poor Georgie again, after everything she's dealt with, but I can see how Darcy wouldn't be able to give up the sea just yet.
Windchimed chapter 21 . 10/29
This version of Darcy has suffered so much that I hated to see him going through this, too, but I loved the way Lizzy handled it.
Windchimed chapter 20 . 10/29
I love how Lizzy sees through Darcy's letter. So many authors would have used that as a clumsy means of splitting them, but your way is much better.
Windchimed chapter 19 . 10/29
Ah, dear - what a turn after all of Elizabeth's hard work!
Windchimed chapter 18 . 10/29
And the rest of the family butts in...
Windchimed chapter 17 . 10/29
I loved the idea of using the local children as "spies!"
Windchimed chapter 16 . 10/29
Elizabeth handled that well!
Windchimed chapter 15 . 10/29
Having them get to know each other through letters is an interesting approach, particularly given the time lag in receiving each other's correspondence.
Windchimed chapter 14 . 10/29
And just like that, he's gone... I liked the farewell scene, particularly their first kiss, but I also like how you have Elizabeth manage. Your version of her is very strong.
Windchimed chapter 13 . 10/29
Unique again - a rather different wedding day and night than we typically see in this fandom. I enjoyed it.
Windchimed chapter 12 . 10/29
It's nice to see them making an effort to learn about each other without prejudice.