Reviews for Fair Stands the Wind
JanuaryLestrange chapter 23 . 1/26
Wonderful!
LiteraryRomantic chapter 23 . 1/21
To be perfectly honest, I have skipped over this story for so many years. The lack of a summary hurts your readership I think. Given that I had just reread A New Beginning, which I had read before and very much enjoyed, I decided to give Fair Stands the Wind a chance. I am so glad I did. This is the most original P&P variation I've ever read, and I enjoyed it so much. Regardless of the change in circumstances, I feel that everyone remained appropriately in character, and that it was extremely well written. Please write a summary, you do yourself a disservice by not giving potential readers a hook, and I hope I haven't offended you, but I feel that everyone on this website should know your story is here and have the best opportunity possible to appreciate it.
KurukiXV chapter 23 . 12/3/2015
I really enjoyed reading this story! Darcy as a sea captain is great and for some reason it seems to really suit his personality. And towards the ending, I loved that Elizabeth let nothing stand in her way including Darcy himself.
beckyzoso chapter 23 . 10/7/2015
Thus was utterly fantastic. I loved everything. I would've liked to have know what became of Wickham but I imagined he lived a most unholy and reckless life after running away. I would have liked to know what those three men were about trying to attack Georgiana. Or did I just not comorehend, was one of them Wickham?
Loved Lizzy putting Lady Catherine in her place and damn Collins too. Fools.
My heart was breaking over Darcy's last letter and so glad Lizzy's brains won out over anger and sadness.
And I loved that Jane initially turned Bingley down but then eventually married once they knew it was love and not necessity.
I would have liked to see Caroline B being aghast to Darcy marrying Lizzy but I wasn't sure she was so after him in this story as in the original novel. I imagined her fuming anyway.
You are very talented and I'm so delighted to have happened upon this splendid fic. I always appreciate a fic where it is necessary that I look up a definition at least once a chapter, keeps me on my toes. Beautiful work, thank you so much for sharing.
Cheers.
Johijoha chapter 23 . 9/13/2015
Very nice!
I was a bit reluctant to read the story, since I usually prefer knowing what I'm getting myself into before starting to read and you refused to give it to me, but since I enjoyed most of your other P&P stories I gave it a try anyway and I was not disappointed. Only a handful of questions remain: What happened to Wickham? What happened to Charlotte (did she marry Mr Collins after all?) and in that context what became of Lady Catherine? Last and foremost, why do you not tell me more about Lydia's husband? He sounds hilariously interesting!
Sionnach Liath chapter 23 . 9/13/2015
Wow, what a story! I found this when exploring 's Regency P&P community, and ended up devouring it all at once - I finished at 2:45 a.m., and the sleep deprivation was so worth it. I went into it expecting just a fun P&P AU and discovered an original, moving, and beautiful tale. I'm totally with another reviewer who said that with name changes and just a few plot tweaks you could completely divorce this from P&P and publish it as a Regency romance. The younger sister's situation that precipitates the marriage is already completely different (the one remnant is the villainous clergyman, and his position vis-a-vis the family could easily be changed). Your Darcy and Elizabeth are already new characters. He's utterly different, and really, so is she-far more mature, discerning, and gentle than P&P's heroine (not that I don't adore P&P Elizabeth!). My only qualm about the entire work is the speed with which it wound up-not the penultimate chapter, which is perfect, but the epilogue. I felt throughout the story that Darcy loved captaining a ship, and in the epilogue he seems very happy to give it all up for the life of a landowner. I'd have like to see more exploration of how he made this transition. But that's a minor issue in your wonderful story. Thank you for creating these lovable characters and letting us live with them for 23 chapters.
Em chapter 23 . 9/7/2015
This story was incredible! You sure know how to right an interesting AU for the P&P characters. I read it all in one sitting, oh such a good story! I was hoping there was a sequel to this cause Im craving more of this world but nonetheless, this was well executed in my opinion! Bravo!
clarydarcy chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
Green spectacles? Interesting...
estelle sky chapter 23 . 7/9/2015
Third read through and still such a good story. You should publish it!
Motherof8 chapter 23 . 7/5/2015
Good story and writing. Thanks for it.
Motherof8 chapter 12 . 7/5/2015
Nice story. Good writing
Motherof8 chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
Seems interesting
LilPotterfanfic chapter 23 . 6/14/2015
I dearly, dearly loved this story. Thank you so much for writing it!
evyyxoxo chapter 23 . 6/6/2015
Awww! I truely loved this story from start to finish! So different from anything else I've read. This just became my favorite P&P fanfic story.
holly1492 chapter 23 . 5/19/2015
What a wonderful blend of Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion and a dash of Jane Eyre!