Reviews for Fair Stands the Wind
Binka chapter 23 . 7/28
Fantastic story! Absolutely brilliant! It would make a wonderful audio book, hint, hint.
I really liked how you included more locations than Heartfordshire, London, Rosings and Pemberley, as much as I love them, there's something to be said for variety.
I found the letters and extracts from other communications very well incorporated into the main text, you made it feel like so much more than was written down, does that make sense? Oh well, I know what i mean anyway.
I love how you actually got Mr Bennet out of his book room and sent him off on an adventure that he ended up really enjoying. I must admit that after reading this I feel that I have much in common with him.
I only have one complaint, it's not long enough, I want more! You did that on purpose, didn't you? That's one of the marks of a good author, leave them wanting more.
Anyway, thank you very much for allowing me the opportunity to read this and please do consider having this published as an audio book, if it's this good read by a screen reader, just think how a human narrator could really bring it to life.
dorothy chapter 23 . 7/22
This is absolutely lovely! Thank you very much!
Elafi Milo chapter 1 . 6/13
I've had this fic on my "to read" list for so long now, and now that I've finally read it I'm kicking myself for not having done so earlier. This surpassed all my expectations, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for publishing it!
Frida chapter 23 . 5/27
This is such an awesome, well written & different story.
I loved everything about it.
Thanks for sharing!
arakiss chapter 2 . 5/22
It's fantastic! Freespirited, unique and everything I didn't expect in this fandom.
Thank you!
mega700201 chapter 23 . 3/27
I just read your story and I loved it! Thank you.
irislim chapter 23 . 3/25
I once read this story, loved it, and saved it in my favorites before I moved on to the next. Then, for a very long time, I've been recalling that lovely reunion near the end of the story but could not for the life of me remember the story's title. I scoured my favorites, the whole site, as well as every collection of JAFF I can find on the Internet to no avail. Then, today, I suddenly figured that I'd reread "that story with no summary." Well, lo and behold, this is the story I've been missing! What a happy reunion it's been :) Thank you again for writing this!
I just wanted to say every time I come across this story, I never pass up the chance to read it again. I love it so much. It's amazingly written, the plot is unique and excellent, and every time I finish reading it smiling. The ending is perfect. This is such a great story!
knuckles 8 chapter 23 . 2/6
loved the story. thank you for sharing your story. brilliantly written
1853kaz chapter 23 . 12/22/2016
What a surprise this story was! A great find. Your writing skills are unarguably gifted - but what really gives it the edge is the unusual setting, and depth of background. I guess you must do a fair bit of research. I'm no expert by any means, but it rang true and was so entertaining, everything you can hope to find in a work of fiction. Downright swashbuckling! Thank you for the pleasure :)
CuppaTea13 chapter 23 . 11/12/2016
Fabulous! That's all I can say: absolutely fabulous!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/12/2016
Just as wonderful, enrapturing, and thoughtful on the second read through as the first!
Thanks for sharing!
8oclocksleeper chapter 23 . 10/30/2016
I had to read some paragraphs twice to understand the unfamiliar terms, but I really enjoyed reading this. Lizzie was easily my favorite character here, and if it's even possible, Mr. Darcy was even more swoon-worthy. I only wish there were more scenes after they reunited. Thanks so much for this!
Windchimed chapter 23 . 10/29/2016
I've passed by this story many times while browsing through P&P fanfiction. The lack of a description always threw me off, so I moved on to other stories with interesting summaries. I'm glad that I finally took the time to read this.

I can also now understand why you don't have a more typical summary. This story is AU in so many ways that it's difficult to summarize in such a short space. This is, for all intents and purposes, original fiction that borrows some aspects from "Pride and Prejudice." That said, though, it's an excellent story. The plot, the characters, and the relationships all work. It's well written, and it includes a nice mix of angst, humor, and sweetness.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much for sharing it!
Windchimed chapter 22 . 10/29/2016
Hmm, that seems like abandoning poor Georgie again, after everything she's dealt with, but I can see how Darcy wouldn't be able to give up the sea just yet.