Reviews for Fair Stands the Wind
knuckles 8 chapter 23 . 2/6
loved the story. thank you for sharing your story. brilliantly written
1853kaz chapter 23 . 12/22/2016
What a surprise this story was! A great find. Your writing skills are unarguably gifted - but what really gives it the edge is the unusual setting, and depth of background. I guess you must do a fair bit of research. I'm no expert by any means, but it rang true and was so entertaining, everything you can hope to find in a work of fiction. Downright swashbuckling! Thank you for the pleasure :)
CuppaTea13 chapter 23 . 11/12/2016
Fabulous! That's all I can say: absolutely fabulous!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/12/2016
Just as wonderful, enrapturing, and thoughtful on the second read through as the first!
Thanks for sharing!
8oclocksleeper chapter 23 . 10/30/2016
I had to read some paragraphs twice to understand the unfamiliar terms, but I really enjoyed reading this. Lizzie was easily my favorite character here, and if it's even possible, Mr. Darcy was even more swoon-worthy. I only wish there were more scenes after they reunited. Thanks so much for this!
Windchimed chapter 23 . 10/29/2016
I've passed by this story many times while browsing through P&P fanfiction. The lack of a description always threw me off, so I moved on to other stories with interesting summaries. I'm glad that I finally took the time to read this.

I can also now understand why you don't have a more typical summary. This story is AU in so many ways that it's difficult to summarize in such a short space. This is, for all intents and purposes, original fiction that borrows some aspects from "Pride and Prejudice." That said, though, it's an excellent story. The plot, the characters, and the relationships all work. It's well written, and it includes a nice mix of angst, humor, and sweetness.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you very much for sharing it!
Windchimed chapter 22 . 10/29/2016
Hmm, that seems like abandoning poor Georgie again, after everything she's dealt with, but I can see how Darcy wouldn't be able to give up the sea just yet.
Windchimed chapter 21 . 10/29/2016
This version of Darcy has suffered so much that I hated to see him going through this, too, but I loved the way Lizzy handled it.
Windchimed chapter 20 . 10/29/2016
I love how Lizzy sees through Darcy's letter. So many authors would have used that as a clumsy means of splitting them, but your way is much better.
Windchimed chapter 19 . 10/29/2016
Ah, dear - what a turn after all of Elizabeth's hard work!
Windchimed chapter 18 . 10/29/2016
And the rest of the family butts in...
Windchimed chapter 17 . 10/29/2016
I loved the idea of using the local children as "spies!"
Windchimed chapter 16 . 10/29/2016
Elizabeth handled that well!
Windchimed chapter 15 . 10/29/2016
Having them get to know each other through letters is an interesting approach, particularly given the time lag in receiving each other's correspondence.
Windchimed chapter 14 . 10/29/2016
And just like that, he's gone... I liked the farewell scene, particularly their first kiss, but I also like how you have Elizabeth manage. Your version of her is very strong.