Reviews for Merle of Fanelia
King Spoot chapter 25 . 1/13
I've just stumbled upon this story. It's well written, and the scenes of the kingdom's struggle stand out well. The moments where Merle and Van's relationship are being lead along by this conflict are what really drives it. I'd recommend focusing more on that atmosphere. It helps with development.
swartzvald chapter 25 . 3/4/2013
Aw, we don't get to see the wedding. I can understand why you quit though, if I hsd done all that and only got 8 reviews I would've quit too. Still a shame though. I'll subscribe anyway, y'know, just in case.
swartzvald chapter 6 . 3/11/2012
well, since you asked so nicly...I think it's going quite well so far, none of that annoying angst stuff you seem to get with these two.
matxiuda chapter 16 . 6/20/2010
oh my... I'm a huge VanxHitomi fan, and I always avoided reading fanfics with the pairing MerlexVan, but... I'm glad I'm actually reading this one! This is truly amazing! Please, keep it up! *O*
Quentin7079 chapter 13 . 4/2/2010
Love it love it love it. Especially that last paragraph, that was very sweet.

The chapter title made me do a double-take (elevators breaking usually lead to certain scenes, which I didn't expect you to introduce that way (and I'm glad you didn't)) but, once again, you've left very little to criticize.

Have I mentioned that I get really excited when my email informs me of "New chapter from El Verdadero Odio..."?

Grammatical OCD observation: They had been thorough how so many escaped was beyond him.
Quentin7079 chapter 9 . 2/16/2010
I can tell a lot of time was spent on this. I feel that I should finish watching Escaflowne before spending time on specifics in what was mentioned in Dreams and Nightmares, but I can't tear myself away from Lucky Star for long enough to do so.

In any case, I've noticed a complete lack of typos (with the single exception of the second paragraph of chapter 9), and a thoroughly descriptive and enjoyable style.
Quentin7079 chapter 8 . 2/11/2010
I'm not sure where to start, other than by endlessly praising this story.

I notice there's far less noticeable typos, and that this is currently my favorite fanfic.

Also, there's a lot more time spent on character development (which was supposed to be the studio's job, but whatever). This is definitely a good change.

The style of this story is more realistic and polished than in The Dream, which was rather sketchy in comparison.

Not much else to say, really. Looking forward to the rest of the story :)
Ispano-guymelef chapter 5 . 9/9/2009
wow evil cliffhanger...please update soon
Ispano-guymelef chapter 4 . 8/28/2009
I like really like the way this is going...cant wait to read the rest..update soon...
Quentin7079 chapter 3 . 8/14/2009
The last story was awesome, and this one is even better. The events are more detailed, the transitions are smooth, and there's a lot of explanations for everything. Not to mention that everyone's in-character. All-around awesome.

In fact, I can only think of one bad thing to say about it:

"had been a nuisance and more of than not, violence followed"

'often' is misspelled.