Reviews for Shadows
GypsyKylara chapter 19 . 8/31/2012
Fun Story. I've only read the first half of Kushiel's Dart then it got too sad for me, but I've always meant to go back and finish it. But I liked this story a lot. I would have liked to know what happened later. Like With a wife. Did Raniel ever have to get one to have heirs? Did she get along with Michel? Did she GET ALONG with both of them, lol?

Anyway, I'm going to go check out what else you've written now.
Sapientivore chapter 19 . 8/6/2012
I just came upon this today, and read every delicious word. You capture Ms. Carey's style wonderfully, while still making it your own. I'm in love.
killeraccounting chapter 19 . 8/6/2012
I cannot describe how much I loved this story. You depicted Ramiel and Michel perfectly, and Carey's world as well: it was really like reading a sequel to Imriel's trilogy! I loved everything, every little details, every chapter, and Ramiel and Michel' relationship is a true masterpiece, you showed the development in a great way.
One of the best Kushiel's fic I've read so far!
Guest chapter 2 . 6/30/2012
To someone who has been a member of my local BDSM community for quite some time, all I can say is that most of this is very tame. Even the books weren't as tame as this. Melisande took made an art of humiliating Phedra and making her lover Melisande for it. Most of the superficial components are here, but this is written like someone with only secondhand or fictional knowledge of the BDSM community and the M/s dynamic at best.

I like the world and possibilities too much to give up on the story just yet, but I thought it had to be said. For all those like me for whom M/s relationships are ' a game' but the reality we live every day.
Ash-0-ley chapter 19 . 3/13/2012
I LOVED this story! I own all of J.C.'s books but her kushiel series are my favorites and I'm saddened she won't be writing anymore of them. So thank you for writing this fanfic piece! There is so little of it out there. Job very well done
FrenchCaresse chapter 19 . 1/6/2012
Oooooooohhh ! It's perfect ! And dedicated to me! I'm overwhelmed, I actually squeed out loud when I saw it.

Sorry if I missed the update, I don't do story alerts -only favorite authors (call me quirky), and I've been busy writing my own stuff so I wasn't reading much...

Thank you for an amazing read! So beautiful and hot and touching and ... oooh, I definately want some more Damien!

1mirror1 chapter 19 . 12/4/2011
I finished this yesterday after first finding it a year ago when it was unfinished. I loved it. I loved the slow development of emotion and how it was not immediately recognized. I loved how true it stayed to the atmosphere of the original books. I loved the fine line between submission and humiliation. I loved the brief appearances of cannon characters. And I loved how it was incredibly hot without coming off as sleazy. Thank you for posting this.
AlphaSprout chapter 19 . 11/29/2011
Awesome story! I loved the Kushiel series and just started rereading it.

I was hoping to find more passion stories about Joselin and Phedre on here.
LauratheLittle chapter 19 . 11/15/2011
I wasn't sure about this story at first, because I don't usually read stories with original characters. However, it was wonderful and erotic and romantic, and I loved it. Thank you for sharing it.
DativeCempestre chapter 19 . 10/27/2011
I've been reading this story for the past year, hanging on your every update, and re-reading until I could probably quote most of the story. This is one of only two Kushiel's Legacy fanfics I've read that has done Carey justice and handled the *ahem* genre so well. Go buy yourself some congratulatory delicious food of your choice because you deserve it for writing such an beautiful piece of fiction, making every chapter an absolute pleasure to read, and doing Carey's world such justice.

Looking forward to future fics!
Spiced Wine chapter 19 . 10/25/2011
This is such a beautiful, erotic and satisfying story all through and at the end. Congratulations, and I hope you return to the fandom soon. Thank-you so much for sharing these wonderful characters with us. You gave me what Jacqueline Carey didn't - stunning, incredible slash.
QueenMinnie chapter 19 . 10/24/2011
A beautiful last chapter, I've enjoyed this story very much. Can't wait to read another Kushiel fanfic of yours!
Engarian chapter 19 . 10/24/2011
A last chapter, an excellent chapter, and the perfect ending for the story of these two. Beautifully carried out, I think that this relationship is truly blessed by Elua, no question. Your thought about examining Damien holds promise for the future because it would be a shame to not have additional stories of Terre d'Ange from your talented pen.

- Erulisse (one L)
merentha13 chapter 19 . 10/23/2011
What a wonderful ending! I thoroughly enjoyed "Shadows" from start to finish. It was hot, erotic, loving and the characters grew with the story. This was very well written and a story I will return to. While I'm sad to see it finish, I was very pleased with the ending. Thank you for sharing this!
flamethrowerqueen chapter 19 . 10/23/2011
Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful and erotic story. This was such a wonderful story of love and lust that I will treasure for years to come. 3 Looking forward to your next adventure, and I agree that this was a good place to conclude this one.