Reviews for Super Koopa World
UmbralCrazy chapter 6 . 8/9
I did a bit of research, and I found out that the US Navy did have a ship named 'Zachary Taylor' but it isn't the size it is here.
The article I found: wiki/SS_Zachary_Taylor
ENLIGHTENED chapter 34 . 11/9/2016
This was by far the most intriguing, seat-edging, amazing and overall stupendous work of fan-fiction I have ever seen! It was monumentally spectacular and extraordinary in so many varying ways! I craved a story where the Koopas would be victorious, but until now, it hadn't happened. Now, it has! I adore the ending twist of Ludwig being the ruler in the vision! Also, how you made Ludwig superior to Junior, as it is a highly lacking factor in fan-fictions. A Grade! So far, I have seen no fan-fiction I have enjoyed so much as this one! I hope you will be able to continue writing, and never hold back with your imaginations! Sincerely, ~Austin S. Price~
Also Known As A chapter 34 . 10/18/2016
It's been about four and a half years since I last read the final chapter of the Super Koopa Trilogy. 2012 was the year I kinda lost interest in the Mario fandom, specifically the koopaling fandom. In a way, this story was kind of a swan song for my waning interest. Now that I'm getting back into the fandom, I figured it might be fun to revisit an old favorite and see what Walkzo has been up to in the current year.

Of all the things I liked about the trilogy, it was the world building I admired most. Super Mario's 'canon' universe is hard to pin down. Geographically, it's always changing. Magic and deities are often as powerful as the plot needs them to be. Walkazo managed to wrangle in all of the weirdness and give it some cohesion.

Though the main character of the work is undoubtedly Bowselta, Walkazo really shined with her interpretations of the canon characters. At the time this story was written there really wasn't a lot of 'koopaling' works that gave them all such in-depth focus, and I was hungry for stories about those crazy kids.

Her actual writing is a pleasure to read too. At its worst, it got too 'clinical' for my tastes. However, this also played into her world-building. It helped suspend my disbelief and produced an air of believability in this often absurd universe.

The works aren't without their flaws. Bowselta edges into the dreaded 'Mary-sue' territory plenty of times. In my reread, I had a few 'eyeroll moments' that pulled me out of the magic. Of course she's the last surviving descendent of Koopa. Of course she's so smart and powerful that Mario can't beat her. Of course she's so cunning that she can dupe two monarchies into signing a treaty that effectively ends said monarchies in favor of the Koopa clan.

Then there are the phonetic accents that a few characters exhibit, Ludwig and Roy in particular. I won't harp too much since I was once guilty of it in my own writing years back. The way I see it now, phonetic accents gum up the dialogue. The reader is too busy making sense of what a character is saying and is, in turn, pulled out of the story. It kills pacing.

I still love the trilogy despite its weak points. Fanfiction as a medium has a horrible reputation. One can parse through a hundred stories, and only ten of them will be worth your time. Lucky for me, I found a triple whammy.

Now, for the elephant in the room. B. Dalziel, the author we know as Walkzao, passed away earlier this year in a traffic accident. A revelation that, no exaggeration, brought tears to my eyes.

Forgive me, this is going to sound hokey, but a certain scene in this story stuck out to me after I learned of the author's death. I won't quote it verbatim, but Bowser and his wife are talking about the nature of life and death in their universe. The main gist is that when someone dies their energy becomes one with the earth again. Recycled and reused, but never again the same person.

All that's left are memories.

I won't profess that I know what lies beyond the veil, but I do know that in our short lives we touch many people. Our families, our friends, and, in miss Dalziel's case, a bunch of weirdos on the internet with a love of derivative fiction and videogames.

Her works alone have inspired me to think outside the box. To disregard the norms and the 'fanon' and just write what makes me happy. It's also a stern reminder of my own mortality. I can put off my writing, I can start things and never finish them, and eventually I too will give up the ghost. A legacy of half-baked dreams left in my place.

Wherever you are Walkzo, thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing me joy and giving us all a piece of yourself. Shine on you crazy diamond.

-A
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2016
Greedy bowser and queen at the end was bad since they forced them to give up and the kid thing was bad they threated to kill them for owner ship of the land a bad ending for a good book
Guest chapter 2 . 4/16/2016
i lost it when a nimitz class aircraft carrier got sunk by a submarine.
guisniperman chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
I'm so confused, what the hell is going on between this chapter and the previous story?
austin.todd.315 chapter 34 . 4/24/2014
So... ludwig will rule the world... or... half of it? Let's just hope he finds a queen to rule alongside him. it's basically clear that Crystal is going to end up withe ither Roy or Larry... who knows though...
Definetley your best fanfiction, and possibly my favorite one ever. I really emnjoyed how it focused on warfare... but it was mainlyt the plot and powerful description that won me over. Hopefu;lly you'll amke another one, but no pressure, don't worry. I'm glad the Koopalings got some spotlight like in Koopa land, but of course, as usual, Bowselta's the true Protagonist in the end, and I she has the best character yet in this one, even better than the queen of the koopas... anyway, again, awesome story i really enjoyed reading it from start to finish!
austin.todd.315 chapter 33 . 4/24/2014
And a happy ending for all! Can't wait for the epilogue!
austin.todd.315 chapter 32 . 4/24/2014
Yup... something happened.
austin.todd.315 chapter 31 . 4/24/2014
So she could just close the portal by uniting the fragment? Kinda reminds me of the Super Mario Bros Movie... Great chapter... is soemthing going to happen?... Why do i have a bad feeling?
austin.todd.315 chapter 30 . 4/24/2014
I don't think the whole evil thing is true, honestly. i just think that the stars just hate Koopas. you know why? because, when king Morton exiled the innocent Dragon koopas and had King K Rool pick them off, King K Rool managed it easily. Wasn't that evil? Anyway, what an amazing twist! So, i'm guessing they'll kind abe like Kamek and Kammy, right? AQnyway, it's cool that bowser and Bowselta will be rulign the land again, only much better this time!
austin.todd.315 chapter 29 . 4/24/2014
King Toadstool is dead? That's a bumming moodkiller? Well, I suppose it had to ahppen sometime...
austin.todd.315 chapter 28 . 4/24/2014
VICTORY! Nie going bowselta! What an awesome finale to an awesome fic!
austin.todd.315 chapter 27 . 4/24/2014
Oh, crap, Junior's been shot down? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?! And thwirs Fawful, and LOL love his last line!
austin.todd.315 chapter 26 . 4/24/2014
Who DOESN'T love a final confrontation? this was VERY well written, and, the humans should have lsitened to Bowselta...