Reviews for The Farther You Fall
Narwe Silverflame chapter 3 . 6/13/2010
I can't believe that I didn't find this story sooner. I'ts perfect. The interaction, the writting style, everything. Do you plan on updating it? I'll be eternally thankful if you do.
peppymint chapter 3 . 8/30/2009
I can't wait until Jarlaxle gets back. His reaction to his dead friend should be interesting to say the least. I am also curious about Drizzt. Where does this fit into his own timeline? I don't know that much about the spellplague.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 3 . 8/28/2009
I thought I should review to say that I am enjoying this story (although Elaith feels a little off, that is mostly due to him being in a strange situation) and would like to thank you for getting my fanfiction plot bunnies going again. I look forward to whatever comes next.
singvogel chapter 3 . 8/23/2009
Oh, I like that. Now I'm wondering whether Elaith will manage to turn the tables on Zaknafein one day. We'll see.

Never heard about the spell scar thing before, but then I do have a lot of gaps in my knowledge when it comes to these parts of canon. Nice chapter.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
This is an excellent and inventive story. I've fantasized often about Elaith and Jarlaxle making business arrangements, given their high level of intelligence and willingness to bend the rules that keep their two races apart.

It excited me that Entreri was there and that Elaith and Entreri knew each other. That's just fangirl candy, isn't it? Aw, well, I can't be mad. It was glorious.

Some of your sentences are a little too long in the description, but they're not run-ons, they only force me to read slower. And that was mainly in the first chapter. Which was brilliant. I laughed heartily at Elaith's usual cunning, trapping Zak like that.

Zak is every bit how I imagined he would be on the surface. It's glorious to see him roaming around, killing things, and bullying crimelords.

Elaith's near death dismayed me, as it always dismays me when he brushes with death. Elfsong, for instance. It was Elfsong, was it not?

I also love your Elaith dialogue. Every bit as smooth as I would expect from him. He emotes, but he also restrains himself. A true noble in a grimy situation - I loved that you referenced that, how he is at the core still a noble, and yet he had placed himself where he does not belong, surrounded by thuggish characters. And that it earns him exactly these sorts of situations.

I greatly admire the gumption it took you to write this story.
Emma chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
As a quick disclaimer: I almost never review fanfiction in this category but had to drop one in for this in the hope that you'll keep writing. Nothing worse than a good fanfiction author suddenly terminating a story you've been enjoying.

This is great. Some depictions of Zak like to take his teeth out, so to speak, and he ends up a simpering Drizzt-a-like. Your characterisation is, I think, spot on with what little we see of him in the books when not filtered by Drizzt's insufferable POV - he isn't a very nice person at all. He's really quite violent. I haven't read any of the official fiction featuring Elaith but I'm really enjoying your characterisation of him, as well. Your writing style is wonderful, just "flows" (ah, I hate that word, but you know what I mean); and the dialogue is just right.

Entreri was perhaps more accommodating than I'd expect, but as the nature of their relationship isn't explored it's not really an issue. That's the best I can do by way of criticism.

Here's hoping that the next chapter comes soon. :D
singvogel chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
Oh so they're stuck together for some time it seems. I can't wait to see what happens. Elaith is bound to lose his temper sooner or later I guess *g*

And thank you for bringing in Entreri. I really liked that little conversation.
Rita Mu chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
The interaction between Zakneifein & Elaith is interesting while the conversation between Artemis & Elaith is very amusing.

Update soon!
singvogel chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Interesting beginning. They are well matched I think.

The style of your writing is also very nice to read.