Reviews for Of MudCovered Packages and Understanding
The Terrible Jester chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I love this story, it feels like something that could have actually happened in canon. Nice job!
hrgirl chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
AHHHHHHHHH! That was amazing!
storry-eyed chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I really like this story. You characterized Luna and George perfectly - especially Luna, which was really nice to read. And the hopeful ending was perfect :) Nice use of your prompt, too!

FL7
Bagge chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Fine little Lunaish moment, and a believable look into the joke shop after the war.
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
That was a well written and engaging story, and I adored your characterisation of George. You managed to capture the tragedy of his loss and cause the reader to feel sympathy for him without going overboard with the angst - a great balance which many writers find difficult. I think that the euphemism of "something stupid" worked nicely, because it showed how concerned the Weasleys were about the remaining twin and also showed that the situation was pretty awkward.

I liked the way in which Luna ignored the taboo subject of how unhappy George must have been and spoke to him directly. It would have been a refreshing experience for him, and you made it work well.

My only criticism is that, in a certain place, your sentence structure became awkward:

"taking the detonator out of her hand and setting it to scuttling off across the floor."

I think that instead of "setting it to", this sentence would have read more naturally if you'd written "sending it scuttling off...".

Still, it was a lovely oneshot and you managed to characterise Luna better than most do. The way she showed concern for her father, showing a certain loyalty to him that was perfectly Luna, was touching. It also allowed for her to connect with George - a clever plot device. The bizarre contents of her purse were also appropriate.

What I liked most about this chapter was this: the way in which I got the impression that Luna didn't necessarily believe in all of the things she said about the quartz but used it in order to help others. Ultimately, it soothed George to know that someone was thinking of him - like a placebo effect, of sorts, although he didn't buy into the theory of crystals, which was simply wonderful.

That was a great story, and it was well paced. Good job!
Reader-Writer-14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I liked how you kept the characters in character. Personally, I have never read a Luna/George hurt/comfort story before and this was great. They really can relate to each other on how they have lost somebody so dear to them. Great job.
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
I really liked the beginning of this, especially, "His friends and family were reluctant to leave him alone for any length of time in case he did what they euphemistically referred to as "something stupid"."... Really, I loved the way you portrayed George throughout the whole piece. The mention of Luna's dad and the fact that she was in the shop to find something to cheer him up was a nice touch, and of course Luna would say the obvious things to George when no one else would. Nice piece.
RoseScor90 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This story was so...Luna but unlike in canon, she's very much serious in this one, in her own typical fashion.

I especially liked how you mentioned even how Xenophilius Lovegood was affected by the war.

I liked the way you portrayed Luna, most of all and how you retained her blatant honesty, abysmal dress senses and her random beliefs without making her seem insane.

Thanks for sharing!
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Wow Katy! That's pretty cool. I love the idea that Luna would understand how George was feeling and would be able to help where no one else could. Your characterisation was spot-on and I was thoroughly engrossed the whole way through.
Principi Phantasia chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
This is so sweet... I like the way they comfort each other. Especially Luna's typical straightforward attitude - it can make things awkward at times, but at other times it can also be a comfort, like in this case with George :D

I also like the part where 'A small part of his mind thought that it would be nice to be the one doing the comforting for once.

And the line where Luna stated that Fred wouldn't want George to be too sad - that line made my eyes water :3

All in all, fabulous job! The characters are very true to the book ;)
thenewkait chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Wow this was really good, Katy! Leave it to Luna to cheer anyone up! _ I love her character and she seems like the kind of person to do this for anyone! Great job!

thenewkait
FrivolousFlare chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Aww, sweet. I love Luna, I think she's an awesome character, and I liked how you protrayed her. Perhaps some of her dialogue was slightly...out of character, but it was still really good. I thought the odd things she was carrying in her purse and her dress sense was very good. I really liked this, I thought it was sweet and displayed a friendship not shown in the books between George and Luna.

Keep Writing!
ElvendorkInfinity chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
You have Luna PERFECTLY. Her dress sense was exactly as I imagine it to be, and very reminiscent of the books, her comments and her general...what's the word? Well, the way she carries herself, anyway, the whole thing was amazing. And George too - I really liked them comforting each other, and the gift of the quartz was extremely believable of Luna and incredibly touching for something so simple. :)

-Lee x
Athar-Luna chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Aww, this was sweet! I can imagine Luna saying those things _. I liked this very much :)
MaxManuka chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Aw :) :) :)

Another great one-shot :)
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »