Reviews for The Tale of Black Wolf and White Deer
SelfcreatedCharacter chapter 1 . 8/18
Normally I don't read stories close to natives due to portrayals and misinformation but your story had me going. Seriously, I read this piece and I end up reading the whole thing in contentment. It's interesting how you created your own twist to this pair, their respective worlds and the whole shebang.
Adriana Espan chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
D'awww :3
magicdemi-god223 chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Oh. My. God. Words simply cannot convey how much I love this story. It was really well written and I could tell much thought went to it. I hope to be able to read more of your Tsubasa stories soon :))
Henchwoman chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Now wait a minute - one of my favourite stories, read countless times, and I never reviewed? Okay, this may come a bit late, but you wove an intriguing tale! And so many hints at possible side stories...
Like probably most of your readers I love Kuro's chosen gift - perfect, because 1) it's adorable, and 2) it emphasises his qualities as a warrior/hunter, as you'd have to be very skilled to take a cub from its mother (and Kuro-pup surely would not kill a mother for a token of love, would he?).
marine maiden chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Nice one shot, you've tied up all important loose ends. It baffled me how Fai can be standing in bride line though since he cannot conceive. The shaman won't have 'next generation' if he doesn't get a woman to conceive a child... I understand if it's only one shot, you cannot go too in depth so I let it pass LOL
Anyway, I'm glad everyone is still in character except the part of Fai getting ashamed when he noticed Kuro during his bath. I mean... I never actually imagine he is someone that can get ashamed easily.
Aside from that, this is a very good one shot d(_)b I like it! It has potential to be a longer story if you wish to continue in the future. Do let me know if you publish some continuation. For now, thanks for writing!
Moonphase chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
That was wonderful, it took me away to a new world :) I was so happy when Kurogane arrived with the wolf puppy (though I feel sorry because it's lost it's mommy- I will just assume it was an orphan). The language and imagery was awesome, and Fai's past was very mysterious.
yuu chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I love this story :)
A Neverending Dream of Flight chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
This was amazing. I loved the emotions you portrayed and character interaction, both were fantastically developed and the story itself is very well-written. The length was perfect too, long enough to be developed enough but short enough to exclude useless information. This is possibly one of the best stories I've read in the Tsubasa category so far. Great job and keep up the good work.
TheDarkWingedAngel chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
Whoa, how come you don't have much reviews for this masterpiece of yours is a mystery. I mean, come on! This was so good it definitely needs more viewers.

I love the story, more specially Ashura, because for once he is not some overly dramatical evil something who only wants Fai to suffer, it's good and personally I love it.
xEmeraldStarx chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
i loved it _
TheEndofTag chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
OMG! This is just wow! I am sooo amazed by your style of writing in here and the characters are just phenomenal! Really everything about this story is just awesome! _ Thier names fit them so perfectly. And of course i just love seeing Fai teasing Kurogane about his name. Hehehe. I just love it when Kurogane chased after Fai for teasing him. And the people's reaction to seeing them like that is just adorable. Hahaha. I just love it how the tribe’s people teased them both about their game of chasing: "he only does not catch White Deer because he doesn't know what he would do once he caught him." Hahaha. That one is my favorite one. I also just love the scene where Kurogane was ogling at Fai! I am sure that Kurogane liked what he saw, ne? _~ Awwww, my heart just melted when Fai made Kurogane a coat with the the wolf puppy and the white deer! Hehehe. The best part about it is that when they meet each other their noses touched! What is Fai trying to say to Kurogane, ne? _~ But nonetheless, it was an indirect kiss! The part where Kurogane was telling a story to the kids while Fai was sitting beside him, I just thought they were just like a family! Kurogane the daddy and Fai the mommy. . Gosh, I just love seeing how protective and caring Kurogane is of Fai! I mean he was there for Fai when Fai was tired and he made sure Fai eats. Although you nearly destroyed my heart when Fai thought Kurogane was just doing all that because he just wanted to go home. And oh how Fai avoided Kurogane after that. T_T My heart nearly stopped when Kurogane was sick! And omg! Fai confessed his feelings to Kurogane! The best part is that Fai kissed Kurogane! It is almost like true love kiss break the spell or sickness in this case! - I must admit, Kurogane’s gift is the best one! He gave Fai a puppy wolf! Hehehe. At that scene I was half expecting Kurogane to say something like this, “here’s your puppy wolf so stop calling me Kuro-pup!” Again just love love love this story! It is amazingly well written and the tone of this story matched the setting so well!
Emerald Gaze chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
awwww how cute! i think ur choice of spirit animals suited them rather well

especially kuro as a wolf (suits him far better than a dog sometimes)

also i commend yo on ur ability to write such a long and well done one shot...mro of a short story actually

but u accomplished what many couldn't do in probably 30 chaps

very nicely done!_!
Moon Boy chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
This is one of the only stories I go back to read on this site! This so amazing]
usaghinobaka chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
the story is beautiful. the setting was a bit surprising, but the freshness of it all made it even better. the small details here and there completed this, and it becomes the natural place to be.

you managed to 'create' the characters without taking out those things that fans recognize in Fai and Kurogane. because of this, I never knew till the end if the story would have a happy ending or not. I'm not going to spoil this for the rest of you readers because it was a surprise for me and I'd like it to be a surprise for you too. enough to say the ending was GREAT. (like a Christmas present :) )

the language... well, i studied literature for about five years, so i can say with a certain degree of certainty that the words you use and the way you use them is close to perfection.

I only have one complain, as with all good literature: TOO SHORT!
Kina-chan chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Words can't describe how much I loved this story. It's just so well done and brilliant! Rather than simply reading each word and event that transpired in this story, I felt everything that happened in this story: the blossoming romance, the fear for Kurogane's life, the sorrow of unrequited love, the surprise and happiness at realizing Kurogane loves Fai as well, and the burning passion that bound the two together. I don't really know what to say. I loved, loved, loved, loved, LOVED this story!

Also, I think this was my favorite line(s), "A man's spirit cannot be fed on contentment alone; not on quiet days spent sharing meals with friends and loved ones, not on rivers full of fish. A man's spirit needs to feel the fire of passion, the glory of victory, the pain of loss. Without these things, he has not truly lived." It's so true. I love how you worded it.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »