Reviews for Off The Map
TolkienGirl chapter 4 . 2/24/2014
LOVED IT! Warm and fuzzy feels, as well as some really profound little moments. Great job. Great OCs. Great everything!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
It was zany and crazy and tense and sad and painful and funny-and then with those last two lines it was tearjerkingly poignant. Looking forward to more!
CeCe Away chapter 4 . 3/23/2011
This made me grin. Wish there really was such a place as Philistine. Great characters live there.
9Tiptoes chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
This was really great. I really like your OCs.

Although I did keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

By the end, I was thinking mushroom cloud over what used to be Philistine, all those poor crazy people.
Zara Zee chapter 4 . 8/2/2010
Loved it! Very visual...the cheerleaders, the marching bands, Sam and Dean's utter confusion...I can really picture this as an actual episode (one of those slightly off kilter, tongue-in-cheek episodes they do sometimes, but still with a message at the end..) Thanks. :)
Wonderland-fae chapter 4 . 1/12/2010
Very sweet story which I absolutely loved. You are the first author who has made me tear up reading fan-fics.
Ampanda chapter 4 . 8/16/2009
I have no words to describe how freakin awesome this story is. I absolutely loved it! It had just enough angst to make me tear up a little but not so much that you bogged the story down with it. I love how you ended things with hope. Our boys ended season 4 in such a bad place that I worry for them next season. This story was exactly what I needed.
Sastiel chapter 4 . 8/15/2009
Aw I loved this story! Adds to great great great joB!Uggh So great!
Evergreene chapter 4 . 8/14/2009
Oh, I do like this chapter. Supernatural really does need more bake sales, hehe! And I love that Dean insisted on buying some brownies.

Like you, I really do hope that Show doesn't just discard what happened between Sam and Ruby, and that it doesn't just feature it in a 'Sam was wrong to trust a demon' sort of way, because, as you said, there was so much more to the relationship than that. Ruby was in Sam's life for two years (and maybe for the Mystery Spot months as well). I found myself thinking this season that having a new actress as Ruby actually detracted from the effect of the character, as many people seem to distinguish between new!Ruby and old!Ruby, whereas really, they were meant to be one and the same. If you ignore season three's Ruby and focus only on season four's, Sam does come off as somewhat foolish for trusting her so much and not seeking out her motivations. However, when you take into account her actions in season three, she saved and assisted he and Dean multiple times, building a foundation of trust which she went on to exploit in season four.

Anyway, back to your story :)

"For the first time in a long time, Sam kind of wants to find out what’s going to happen next."

I really hope that this is what the new season builds to, for both Sam and Dean. Either that or they go out together at the end (which I think would be tragic, but somehow fitting).

Thank you so much for sharing this story. It was lovely to read something without any hunts or kidnappings or fights, but instead just focused on the two brothers. And I would love the address for your site!
ROBINV chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
This was so well done!

Poor Sam. He seems so sad and defeated. I don't want him to be! I want Sam to be happy.

Dean, too, for that matter.

But this doesn't seem to be a happy story.

But you write so brilliantly, I want to come along for the ride!

Love, Robin
gapdragon1 chapter 4 . 8/11/2009
I really enjoyed this - it would be cool if they met random followers of Chuck in season five. Thank you
SciFi Girl chapter 4 . 8/10/2009
Wow that was really original and daring. I enjoyed it. Thank you!
Visionairy chapter 4 . 8/10/2009
I thought this was a great story! Just what Sam needed (and me too!). It was a very original idea and extremely well written. My favorite lines were, "For over a year, everyone who’s not a demon has been telling Dean that his brother is evil incarnate. That he needs to be stopped at all costs. Maybe they were right all along, and there was a time when Dean believed them, but these people in Philistine are good people, even if they are a little whacked. And they like Sam. They don’t want to kill him. They want to stuff him full of cookies and milk and remind him to eat his vegetables." Excellent!
Richard Dagneau chapter 4 . 8/10/2009
This is so great! I love how hopeful you made this, and how the townspeople got thru to Sam. I could only wish we'd see something like this on the show.
Linnie McCary chapter 4 . 8/10/2009
Gotta love those Baptists!

What an interesting idea, Debbie (and what a red herring the town's name was)! How delightful that Chuck foresaw our boys going to Philistine, and that you chose to share that vision with us. I'm grateful for the town's enthusiasm, the humor and the upbeat ending. Loved Sam's personal moment with the WWII vet, and every moment with Dean, who was extremely in character.

Nice work!