Reviews for Waiting
BoiledMermaid chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Just discovered this while messing about on StumbleUpon.

I love it! A very 3-dimensional look through the villains gallery. I don't even like Riku, and I felt bad for the guy!
Draco Oblivion chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
This is deep. :)
angelstardust09 chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
This was so intriguing. Thanks for writing it
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
A well-written piece :)

It's sad, seeing Riku waiting like that... And Kairi... To think that Sora was done in by a Gummi ship, of all things, too :/

For some reason, I feel the urge to listen to Bonnie Tyler's 'Holding Out For A Hero' now :P

Till next time,

MS
AGCourtney chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Oh, SHIT.

That was amazing and very possible. I can see it, though I don't want to. Excellent work.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
A very interesting alternate universe where Maleficent wins and Sora dies, along with any hope of saving the worlds. I was getting chills while reading this, seeing Riku always obsessing over Kairi, obsessed with trying to bring her back, though knowing it is futile, with Sora dead, Kairi's heart dying too in the process. It was the last line that got me the most.

/Riku's waiting for the hero. They both are./

I liked how he's holding onto that hope that Sora or anyone really might come along to save Kairi. But even now, he knows that it's too late.
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Wow, this story was seriously original. We need more like this!
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Wow. That was just...incredible. It's realy heartwrenching, knowing both Riku and Kairi are stuck in a cycle that will never break. Even when a new Keyblade master comes, it won't fix Kairi : her heart died with Sora's. It also really touching, and a little disturbing too perhaps, how Riku cares for and obsesses over Kairi all this time, and will continue to do so.

Thanks for such a awesome read. Cya!
The Illegible chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
The way I know for sure that I really love an author's work is when they write about characters I normally don't adore, and I'm left with my jaw hanging loose nonetheless. Applause for you, Luc Court. I'm not a shipper, Kairi and Riku are not my favorite characters, and Kingdom Hearts isn't my usual niche. This story rocked, and it rocked hard. Like everything else I've read of yours, 'Waiting' kept everything in character while darkening it up just enough. LOVE the style, love the premise, love the tragedy and the transition Riku made from start to finish. Your villain with a doll description stood out to me, as did Kairi mussing herself (very pitiful). My favorite lines were probably these two:

"It's like the Darkness simply dwindled away before being irrevocably gone forever, like a star too polite to scream as it died."

That imagery was simply amazing. I can't really go into it more than that.

"He knows Kairi's there. Just - her heart's not.

Kairi's there. Just. Her heart's not."

Varying the punctuation while repeating the line made a HUGE difference in tone. Initially casual, dismissive, almost light...But with the stops, I got a real sense for how upset Riku is. Nice!

Other things I enjoyed include pacing, word choice, first lines, last lines... why are you so good? :-O

Anyway, please excuse me for gushing on you. I promise it doesn't stain. :-) Thanks for sharing!
Endings Matter Most chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Wow... just... wow.

That was AMAZING. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm in such a shock right now... I don't know what else to write except for perfect.
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
COOL!
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Oh. Ouch. Once Sora was gone, so was Kai's heart...Dang. That hurts.