Reviews for What If? … An Alternative to Order Of The Phoenix
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 2 . 12/12/2017
very good story! you had me buried in it. it could go so many ways from here. although harry has his credibility back, i'm sure he is torn between wanting to go and wanting to return.

If he returns there is the risk from Voldemort.

If he goes there is safety but a risk to his friends plus he may never see them again.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 3 . 10/29/2017
Didn't Malfoy family originally flee from France to England to escape prosecution? Is Malfoy in translation bad faith or something like that? How appropo to be in the Bastille instead of the tower in london
emmabrady chapter 7 . 10/15/2017
Not bad... I really enjoy the story...
ahmadaziz chapter 7 . 9/9/2017
I have to say, that I found this series to be very enjoyable. Even more so than I do your other works. I am not sure exactly why but if I have to guess, it is that in these you probably followed the storytelling maxim of 'showing instead of telling', kept the plot and characters grounded and made much more use of dialogue to paint the characters and the narrative. I may be very off the mark here as I tend to be. But in any case, thanks for sharing your creativity, I really enjoyed it.
ahmadaziz chapter 4 . 9/9/2017
You know, I've read the Harry Potter Get out of Dodge trope so many times but this one really stands out. And if I have to select one thing, it would be the characters. Even when compared to your other stories, this one has its characters much more fleshed out. And nowhere it is more apparent than in Dumbledore. First off, it doesn't feel like bashing and that automatically raises this fic above the others. Moreover, his dialogue seems so Dumbledorish. All of the characters have dialogues that fit their personas. Kudos on that.
Bronze chapter 5 . 8/20/2017
I was expecting Harry to loose the Horcrux in his scar on the island. Depending on the author what happens when the soul piece is ejected. Some have it return to Tommy while others have it die without a host. So seeing as they're down around Tahiti that soul fragment gonna have a long way to travel before it can rejoin Tommy's remaining soul fragment.
Bronze chapter 4 . 8/20/2017
This is the second time that I've read a story were the Granger family interpreted the prophecy a whole hell of a lot differently the Dumb-as-a-Dore. The first time they said it was from Beowulf. And again Dumb-as-a-Dore argued for his. Now as I understand HP history, ol' Dumb-as-a-Dore failed to stop Tom Riddle when he was in Hogwarts as a student. How is that he didn't know what Tom was up to when all the ghosts paintings and suits of armor report to him? He personally insured Tom returned to the orphanage were he was raised every end of school year. He knew about the abuse Tom suffered there. Was he trying to create another Dark Lord by having Harry raised in a similar manner? Then there's his habit of withholding vital information from those who should know it. Case in point, Harry's scar. He has known since Harry was brought to the school by Hagrid in '81 that it was a Horcrux and yet done nothing about it. Thus he is a Dark Lord masquerading as the leader of the light.
Bronze chapter 1 . 8/20/2017
Try looking at it this way. Would you be embarrassed to go on vacation with clothes like Harry's? Would your friends even associate with you if you did? So of course the Grangers took Harry shopping for new clothes! Though you might just've missed a trick or two there. Is it not possible that Bumbleohsomore had tracking charms on his clothes and maybe even his trunk? I personally wouldn't put it past him!
teedub chapter 7 . 7/9/2017
I really enjoyed this series but...and don't take this the wrong way...but I can so tell you are a father of girls and are writing what you want them to act like, not what teenage girls actually think and do :-)

Hermione was very OOC for a normal girl. Or even a slightly prudish teenage girl. No way could a girl (or boy) in a relationship be that uptight and asexual. During puberty no less. Especially in the scenario's that happened in this story. She wouldn't be in a relationship to begin with if that were so. And no partner (girl or boy) would be that...passive or "understanding" when intimacy is dialed back and forth on her whim alone. And seriously...no one is to see her naked except her doctor or husband? LOL...snicker...such a dad of girls. Are you forgetting her parents or the fact she's grown up in boarding schools? Probably more than two dozen people have seen her naked.

Still, I got quite the chuckle out of this idea while reading and I did enjoy the ripple effect of various small, but significant actions that were different from canon.
sexy Seren chapter 1 . 4/19/2017
Interesting
XxTaintedxDaggerxX chapter 7 . 1/26/2017
What a lovely idea!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/2/2017
Would have been funny if Shack and Tonks' French partner was actually Sirius in disguise
Stefan Bathory chapter 7 . 7/4/2016
The end of Harry and Hermione adventures were original. If adults british wizards had actually a backbone and if Dumbledore was able to give informations to others than just Snape and Harry, everything will be better.

Of course, as usual Dumbledore had little consideration for the life of his students, as he was just sorry for Katie Bell near death by dark artifacts while he was playing with Draco, Greg and Vince "redemptions". It will be cool to see the reaction of Molly Weasley if Harry was unable to save the life of Ginny, his husband or Ron while all of them were under the responsability of Dumbledore. The sad fact is that many of people think that the fact that Draco was unable to kill Dumbledore on the Astronomy Tower saved his soul, which in fact was already tainted by so much attempts of murder and uses of Unforgivables. Draco Malfoy is just a coward that is unable to kill somebody while looking in his eyes, while he was very confident and happy too see Muggles or Muggleborns being tortured during the Quiddich World Cup and it was very easy for him to use dark magic or poison to kill Dumbledore and his others victims during his 6th year.

I liked very much your description of French Polynesia and the characters life on Black Island.

Good luck if you continue to entertain us with your stories.
crankypants16 chapter 7 . 7/1/2016
I do love some of the wackier tropes, and enjoyed this very much as well
katmom chapter 7 . 5/1/2016
I do like to see adults acting grown up! This was a great story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

Kathie