Reviews for Is There in Truth no Beauty?
Ash8 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Loved it! "Never duel with the master, Sammy" Classic. :D

Oh boys. I'm still smiling.

Thanks hun.

xx
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Great bro-mo. I bow to the queen of bro-bonding! Loved the story and the banter. Typical Dean at the end. It was a great read.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
...And half of Shakepeare's sonnets were inspired by a beautiful man, so kind of apt also! (Although in this case, two beautiful men!)

You know, I actually had to go back and read what I'd said when I reviewed Book of Sins! Glad to have jolted free a plot bunny for you!

And oh, I can SO see Sam doing something sneaky like this to force Dean to open up a little bit. I still think Dean talks about his feelings way more than Sam does, even though on the surface it's the other way around. Sam's got a lot to do with that. And I loved that Sam would try and help Dean get over feeling that he'd sabotaged his relationship with Cassie by telling her the Big Family Secret. I wonder whether Sam would actually have told Jessica eventually? I'd like to think he would - and I totally agree with Dean, Jessica wouldn't have reacted the way Cassie did.

Oh and this line: "He smiled fondly as both his babies disappeared from sight." You get a virtual cookie for that one!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Great how Sam got Dean to talk, at least somewhat, because Dean is right he is still the master. Loved how he really appreciated Sam's concern and the best line in the story, "he smiled fondly as both his babies disappeared from sight".
Vampyvii chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Aww - I really like this one - Bit of angst, but lots of fun ;D
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
I love Sam's sneaky ways of helping Dean work things out. Sneaky and clever - great job!
Awesomesauce123 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Aw, how schmoopy! The brotherly bonding is definitely my weakness.

/melts

The ending wrapped it up extremely well. Your writing is so beautiful! Wonderful details, and magnificent characterization.

I especially like this line: 'He smiled fondly as both his babies disappeared from sight.'

The fact that Dean was calling Sam his 'baby' almost subtly was so cute. ;)

~Shadow
skag trendy chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
'He smiled fondly as both his babies disappeared from sight.'

Beautiful line.

I utterly adore this. It's a great little peek into their lives as brothers: Sammy the sneaky ba*stard and Dean the pie-loving master! LOL!

Cheers for writing this. Really made me smile.

Kind regards,

ST x
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
awhh! this story is TOO perfect! loved every minute of it!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Yep, Dean underestimated Sam, but the Master won. lol

I get all tingly when Sammy takes control like that. :)

Nicely done.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
What a great story to kick off the holiday weekend!

And how much do I love 'sneaky' Sam. :)

I know that Kripke & Co. didn't want to turn SN into One Tree Hill *shudder,* with the brothers mooning over past loves - and I applaud that - but I still think they underplayed the impact of Jess's death on Sam. They did a bit better job with Dean and Cassie (and Lisa) but, still...

You proved with this story you can say a whole lot with a little. In that brief exchange between the brothers, you perfectly illustrated how raw the pain from these losses remains, and how each brother is equally astute when it comes to seeing the scars the other thinks he's hiding.

Oh boys.

And the little exchange at the end over food - yum! Both characters perfectly captured. And "He smiled fondly as both his babies disappeared from sight." - double yum! :)

Delicious!

Cheers, Sculls
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
well I don't know about Keats or Shakespeare... but I definitely remember the Trek ep. :D

Very nicely done TraSan, a little angst, a little spice and a healthy dose of schmoop makes for a delicious morning's read!

Thanks :D
RhianaStar chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Loved it! Miss those moments on the show... so glad you were inspired to write and share...
sunnyjunedays chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Hi, That was a perfect brother fic. Sammy gently laying the trap for his brother to fall into without realising that he too is healing his own wounds while helping his brother to heal his own, both physical and emotional.

I love the Sam and Dean you gave us with this. Dean the big brother refusing any help and Sammy giving it anyway. x
lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Very nice! Always love when Sam tricks Dean into dealing with things. _ And as a fellow geek, LOVE the title, recognized it the minute it popped up in my e-mail alerts. I think this is the first good tag I've read for that episode.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »