Reviews for Common Shame
folklifefreak chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
I read your story a while back and kept meaning to give it a review.

Overall I thought it was a really good story, very believable and a very good portrayal of Digory and Edmund. By casting their shame as a parrallel between them, you really connected them in a away which doesn't at all undermine the integrity of their characters.

I do have one bit of advice. You use a lot of silence in this story, and I can imagine there was much silence between edmund and Digory, considering they are very pensive people. However, you could try, when they pause, to pause yourself. if you take time away from dialogue and describe what the characters can see or feel etc, you in effect lengthen and put emphasis on the silence which allows us to think that the pair are conecting via means other than just speech.

That's about it, Oh and thank you for this, I truly enjoyed it.

Much Love

FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
It's usually much easier to genuinely forgive others than yourself, and to accept forgiveness from others than from yourself. Thank you for another take on this truism.
Jake Nickleby chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Very much enjoyed reading this. Thank you for writing it. Keep up the good work.
peytona05 chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
This is a story I havent't seen before, and I really enjoyed it. The idea is sorta similar to a story I've written ("Forgiven", if you're interested), but it's always nice to read others' perspective on how Edmund perceives Aslan's forgiveness. Good job!
Kaelynn Mckay chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Wow! This was beautiful and very interesting.

Great job! :D

Kaylee M
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
A great story. Very good.
Agena K chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
thank you so much Jimmy Candlestick! I truly needed to be reminded about forgiveness of shame and that it is a long process and that Aslan is a gentle healing Lord. His breath and Lions kisses are revitalizing to my soul
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Aw! That was so sad, but so good!

I do wonder about Ed and the Professor's betrayal, particularly the Professor's, considering he isn't much written about in this fandom (at least, from what I've seen). I always seems so sad to me, that one little boy's mistake ruined Narnia for 100 years and more (counting the initial days, etc). :C

Rock on! This was very sweet, and I loved how Edmund seemed much like his true, man self, and that Digory recognized him as such. U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)
Ilada'Jefiv chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Wow! Beautiful job! I love Ed, and I think you did great with conveying his feelings and emotions. Wonderful job, as always! God bless!
Corilyne chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Nice job! There were a few grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, so you may want to go back and proofread it. I liked how you portrayed the professor; not many people write about him. The story line and their conversation was very original.
unicorn-skydancer08 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This was written very well, and I love the emotion it oozes. I like how the Professor explains to Edmund that, in a way, his treachery was his fault. That's deep, and powerful.