Reviews for Growing Pains
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 5 . 7/26/2010
Boy, did I love this story. XD

How do I put it? It had Jane as protagonist, it has some interesting insight on Kasy and Sheki, it had more cute and lovely Will/Monique of which we haven't had since R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Plus some insight on their sons to top. I personally hope they get their daughter. _

I don't know what else to particularly denote of this one, except that I enjoyed it a lot. I don't suppose there are many more stories like this one, but part of me can't help gettings my hopes up. U

But only reading will tell me, so, off to the next story!

Yours, "Out of the Catcave" Alexander/Alexlayer.

Itachi's apprentice chapter 5 . 4/14/2010
Great work.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Great work.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 5 . 9/3/2009
Read this as you were posting it but via blackberry, and just couldn't bring myself to try to write reviews on that tiny keyboard...I'll confess that this story didn't captivate me the way many of your other tales did - I think because I haven't read RESPECT and am just not that interested in Will and Monique. But I do want to say that I found Jane's antics well-crafted to be consistent with the way you've drawn her previously and with her natural and nurtural roots. And you've really managed to maintain Will's "voice" yet give him human character traits.

I think I also find something melancholy in your BE Universe stories in which the characters are substantially older. It gets me to thinking about their mortality, which is not really where my KP-loving mind wants to go.
Mr. Wizard chapter 5 . 8/26/2009
My favorite part was the conversation between Will and Monique. I bet she starts watching those delivery shows and what not...

Also liked the bit with Shego and the soap. She can't change, can she?
Etherelemental chapter 5 . 8/24/2009
That was amusing. Though, I'm wondering if you'll have that last little bit have an effect later on in another fic, since it sort of sounds like you have something planned already with it. But anyway, while I enjoyed much of this chapter, not much really stood out. Aside from Will's opinion of the coast guard lady that called to let them know the kids were fine and Shego's maneuvering of getting Kim to stay in the boat while she was able to go on the boat to take a look at Jane. But it was still a nice finishing touch for the fic. And thanks for posting all of this!
noncynic chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
So, no details on whether Jane was punished? Or no decision? IN any event, a decent wrap-up to a good story.
A Markov chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Ah, back from vacation and settled in, found a whole KiY BE story in my inbox! A nice way to spend a lazy Sunday morning.

I found the interactions between the parents and children to be compelling. Your dialogue is amazing (as usual) and the situation set up and conclusion was handled quite well. I love the little touches of personality you throw in and the way you weave in real-life conversations to the fabric of your overall stories.

The only thing that was off is the action scenes. Compared with the rest of the narrative, they were slightly wooden. I would have liked to have been more submerged into the minds of the children as they fought and schemed.

Overall, a nice addition to the BEverse.

shinneodeus chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Very interesting idea of Monique on how to punish David. Don't punish him and he will still have the guilt. And now with this happenning ,Mon thinks of having a daughter?

Jane is getting the hero bug. Now Shego has another good doer in her family. Bad times for her. Heh.

Read you later!
Etherelemental chapter 4 . 8/20/2009
That certainly was an amusing bit. I especially like the 'every night' bit. If I was someone who heard someone say something like that in that kind of context as well, I certainly would be a little confused if not completely unnerved. But I'm wondering what the next chapter will hold, as I expect that there's a good chance another chapter after this, even if it's only an epilogue. But it certainly has been quite entertaining. And I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
Mr. Wizard chapter 4 . 8/19/2009
Another tense chapter with the perfect amount of childish thoughts and arguments.
Thomas Linquist chapter 4 . 8/19/2009
Pretty good thinking on the kids part to pretend Jane knew nothing of the other boat. Stupid of them to not leave the crooks boat intact. Why is it, even when adults see a kid, they never really think about them during a search?

All in all, these guys proved Darwin's theory of natural selection. The stupid do not survive long.

Those kids are in so much trouble when they get back to the dock. If I were them, I'd probably turf the drug dealers out of the sail lockers and hide there myself. I don't know which of the four parents is most likely to be more strict. My money is on Monique, oddly enough.
shinneodeus chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
A little streak of ruthleness in Jane already? Probably a bluff. Still so young and already making some serious threats. Poor David to be paired with a Possible.

Read you later!
noncynic chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
Nice, but these three are still going to be in seriously deep trouble, even if they bust the whole gang and all associates on their own.
Etherelemental chapter 3 . 8/15/2009
That certainly was interesting. Though, I think you did quite well with the mix of the realistic violence and cartoonish violence. Of course that last bit depends on what cartoon you're thinking of, since some cartoons I've seen were quite bloody; but that's usually in some anime. Anyway, I'm wondering if there's some sort of beacon on the boat that can be activated from a distance that would act like a homing beacon, letting the one looking for the boat know where it is. But I'm guessing that the approaching boat isn't a friendly ship. But I expect it'll stay quite amusing still. And I look forward to the next chapter!