Reviews for The Telepath War
purdyawesome chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I love your work. It is so beautifully and articulately written.
Starfire201 chapter 5 . 8/28/2009
So in the end, Lyta's gamble only turned some against her, and they hate her and the others who supported them, even though the support wasn't quite what the PsiCorp believes. And yet, the children dying was not the fault of those supporters, as they did all in their power to try and stop it. Fanatics like Bester will always exist, however. But Garibaldi in the end, did get the last word, even if he didn't kill him. I believe I've mentioned the PsiCorp series of the books based off of B5 before. At the end of that series after Bester is dead, a worker at a cemetery sees Garibaldi visiting Bester's grave. As he watches, Garibaldi shows exactly what he thought of Bester by driving a stake into the grave. Couldn't say I disagreed with the sentiment when I read that. Wouldn't surprise me if he himself set off that first explosion. You certainly left that open to speculation

I kind of figured Lyta would die, although I didn't see Ker's death coming. It was indeed a brave thing they both did, and by her last words, it is clear that someone was speaking through her. After all, Kosh 1st had spoken to Sheridan through a medium once before. I actually was going to ask you where those final lines she spoke came from as I recognized at least the last one, then I saw the poem at the end. I'd say that fits. I would also guess Anilia may have had some feelings for Ker, and if that was the case, it is hard to blame her for her words to Lennier, no matter what Susan says. As for Zack, it was clear from the show he had a crush on Lyta although it was unrequited, so I'm not surprised he is willing to help Garibaldi now. Little does Bester know he has to watch his back.

Maeve, she seems as much of an enigma now as when I started reading this story. Hidden layers to her, it seems.

As for what you said in your last review reply, I really must agree with your beta's opinion. You did leave "enough plot threads dangling to be intriguing without being annoying." But that seems to be about on par with the show as well, so I'm not going to complain. In fact, I think that is the mark of a good writer to be able to do that so skillfully, making you wish there was more and yet feeling satisfied at the same time.

In spite of my question last chapter, I can understand should you take a break for a while. It has been a pleasure reading this story, with all the twists and turns. Whenever it is you get back to writing, I'm sure whatever you do will be worth the wait.
Starfire201 chapter 4 . 8/22/2009
A lot went on here, and I am impressed. You have put a lot of events in such a small period of time. Interesting theory you had concerning the vickers and Lyta there. Are you planning to continue this series after the final chapter?
Starfire201 chapter 3 . 8/15/2009
Choice of title for the chapter is very apt. And it seems to me like things are about to get worse. Hard to tell what Londo's motives are there.
Starfire201 chapter 2 . 8/12/2009
Two observations about this chapter: 1) Lyta is an excellent spin doctor when it comes to wording, and 2) Susan is very definitely not thinking clearly, although I can understand why she is doing it. Love makes you do crazy things.

But Lyta has really gotten the Alliance and Narn in a mess, and nothing the governments say is going to convince PsiCorp, Earth, or Centauri Prime otherwise. Not only that, she may be responsible for the deaths of two people who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Have to admit though, I didn't really expect Anila to survive through the series, so if you kill her off, it wouldn't surprise me. Having her live would surprise me. Lyta really knew how to twist Delenn's and G'Kar's words to her advantage, and I suspect Garibaldi doesn't have the full story, either. G'Kar seems to be correct with his assessment. Love making you do crazy things could be applied to Lyta as well. She really did love Byron. Wouldn't be surprised if she worded it the way she did in a form of mild revenge against Sheridan.

Very full chapter, and for once, I am likely going to be very impatient to see how it turns out. Don't worry, I won't bug you.
Mystic-Dragon-chick chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
WOW this is one of the best B5 stories I have ever read... Im not sure about the Ivanova/Lennier shipping but eh, the rest of the fic makes it hard to focus on! You have done a really good job on this, cant wait for the rest of the chapters!
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Liked the start, even if I do have the same suspicion Susan does that Lyta will die. Whether or not she does, she certainly is going to create quite the sensation. She definitely ticked Susan off there, for sure.

The theory about the Shadows affecting the minds of the telepaths and those who were in contact with them. Wouldn't surprise me if the first Kosh did something along the lines of what you suggested with the defenses, and Lorien's bolstering of them also makes sense as well.

That last line of the chapter seems rather ominous, and yet I cannot argue there is truth to it.