Reviews for The Devil You Know
Woman of Letters chapter 10 . 1/30
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review (January 2016):

I very much enjoyed this as an alternate storyline post Lucifer being released, and in some ways it was more satisfying to have Dean heal Cas and the two of them become closer throughout the story. At the same time, you did a pretty good job showing the effects of withdrawal in Sam in the story. Your main focus, and moreso once the boys caught up with Cas, was Dean and Cas, making Sam almost a third wheel. I don't know if that was intentional.

The two scenes that I loved the most here were Cas' defiance of Zachariah, insisting as he was being tortured that Dean would see through Zachariah' s subterfuge, and Cas admitting to Dean the amount of faith he had in him in chapter 8. The battle at the end was immensely satisfying.

You did a good job keeping in present tense, and I'm wondering why you wrote the very first portion of tge story, in chapter 1, in past tense. The switch in tenses at that point jarred me.

This story, fraught with the tension of Cas' and Sam's personal survival and interspersed with tense scenes of battle, torture and flight, was both entertaining and enjoyable. I think I would have enjoyed a season 5 based on the foundation you laid out here.

Woman of Letters
cfccfc chapter 10 . 1/29
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards

In this story, Castiel suffers horrible at the hands of Zachariah and Dean as caretaker tends to his injuries, both physical and mental. Cas here is one of the best characterizations of our winged friend I’ve ever read, and his dialogue is flawless. Dean, in caretaker mode, is also well-written except with regards to Sam, To me, nothing comes between Dean and his younger brother’s welfare, not even a severely injured Cas, yet time and again Sam’s painful demon blood withdrawal takes a back seat and Sam is reduced to merely being muscle to help move the incapacitated Castiel around. Yes, Cas is important to the SPN story, but Sam is always first and foremost Dean’s number one priority and that didn’t ring true here.

I suggest reading the story to which this one is part two. I didn’t and there were a couple of times I felt a little lost, not about anything important, but enough to know something was missing. Other than that little snag, the story progressed nicely and didn’t get bogged down by the writer’s great attention to detail. I didn’t experience any desire to skip words, lines or paragraphs because the descriptions were well-written and never became overwhelmed by minutiae.
SPN Mum chapter 10 . 1/11
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - January 2016

This was an interesting story, that obviously would have made more sense in places if I had read the previous story. That said, I could easily follow the story-line, and see that Zachariah had tortured Castiel before, that Sam had been tricked into releasing Lucifer, and that the Apocalypse was coming. This part of an ongoing story was to show how close Dean and Castiel have become, and that Castiel had made his choice to follow and help Dean, no matter what. It was a little strange for me though, because things were similar enough to the show that I had some trouble when differences showed up. Chuck was different, and Zachariah obviously put all of those visions in his head, to manipulate Sam and Dean. You did a nice job of showing just how twisted and inhuman Zachariah was. Overall, I enjoyed the story, I just felt like I started in the middle of it, and haven't reached the end.
deadone1013 chapter 5 . 12/25/2015
It hurts :( Hug him. Someone. Anyone. Please.
Great story. Thank you!
Snovolovac chapter 7 . 9/11/2015
awesome chapter!
Snovolovac chapter 5 . 9/10/2015
i like Onnie. a lot.
Snovolovac chapter 4 . 9/10/2015
this entire work is so beautiful, i'm at loss of words. wonderful chapter
Rose chapter 10 . 6/11/2015
Phenomenal story!
Chick Feed chapter 10 . 3/11/2015
This is excellent from start to finish and so well written, a pleasure to read. Thank you.
Chick xx
In Darkness We Trust chapter 10 . 12/21/2014
Wow! I loved that! You write them in character so well
Guest chapter 10 . 9/9/2014
This is the best fanfiction I read! You are awesome, I really enjoyed your fic, I am from Romania and I just practiced my english reading all your fic! Thank you for this awesome fic!
Evilnor chapter 10 . 11/1/2013
Favorited for amazing angel!whump.
Wicked R chapter 10 . 8/24/2013
beautiful!
Wicked R chapter 4 . 8/24/2013
aww, he's hanging on.
Shannon chapter 10 . 5/15/2013
This was one of the best fanfics I've ever read.