Reviews for Years Worth of Memories
Akeifara chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
This isn't much but this was great. It was just...really so awesome. I'm sorry I can't give a better way to say things but I thank you for writing this awesome piece of work.

- Akeifara
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Wow, that was the best piece involving Dah Yis and Hana Kohl I've ever read. I never thought of them as twins, then again I also never thought of that one Selkie as De Nam's brother. I loved the little pieces of culture you threw in here, with rain dances and old languages and different ways of cooking fish.

I would have loved for it to be longer just so I could keep reading, but to be honest that might have ruined the effect. So good job and I look forward to reading anything else you might write for the section.
NotMeagain chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
I like the outsider's perspective of the Selkies a lot. It really comes across that the narrator is slowly discovering a culture different than their own, and why they like it/are intrigued by it. Then there's the bits about the taste of the food, or the translator guiding the character around the town that really give a lot of detail.

I think that one tiny bit that's missing something is why the rain is important for the narrator. I can guess why, but considering that it's something important in the end, being more specific would really make the part of not dancing to the rain have even more impact.

But that's just me ;) In all, the story is great; you said a lot in a short space.