Reviews for Introspection
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
This was a great Shinji/Rei one shot and I never believed that Rei was ever attracted to Gendo in any way just how he was effectively her creator and you are quite right in the differences between Gendo and Shinji in their feelings to Rei: Gendo cares only for Rei for her usefulness in his plans whereas Shinji cares for her as a person.
Volmont chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I've wondered at Rei's synch ratio from time to time-your perspective on it makes me slap my head(I forget Unit 00 is the prototype _) since it sounds fairly grounded. I've generally chalked it up to Rei feeling 'less motivated,' in that she maintains the ratio that allows her to operate it, and nothing more.

Story wise, the only OOC aspect of Rei I felt was the quiet laugh, but Squire of Gothos' words on the matter were well put. Mayhaps the disdain for Asuka was a little too present, but since I rarely enjoy her as a character to begin wit, I can't really put any effort in arguing against it. :)

The conversation between Rei and Shinji seemed a little...off(too short maybe? Perhaps too formal for Rei?) but considering what she went over with herself just before he woke up, that may be fairly in character. I always thought that Rei was an interesting character to read about, and I can only imagine what authors go through to try and keep her within the bounds they want her to stay in.

Despite it possibly being OOC, I did enjoy the ending you gave this fic, as well as Rei's thoughts on the Second(which were spot-on with how I interpret her usually). Not a bad warm-up in my opinion. :)
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I do think that, besides laughing at the end (Rei doesn't laugh, at least not yet), it was very much IC for her personality in this story. As I said in a review for your most recent story, I don't really view Rei as an Emotionless Girl despite common assumptions - she's very Kuudere, very emotional beneath her cold outer shell and, in fact, very vulnerable deep down. Even in the main series Rei shows a very deep sensitivity and compassion from time to time (remember her expression when she assures Shinji that she'll protect him in the Ramiel battle?), albeit rarely. It's very clear that she does care for Shinji, though how MUCH she understands these feelings is unknown. I think you kept her contemplative enough about these things that she's IC about it - especially since this is somewhat later in the series, as she's already spent time with Shinji by now.

I agree with Rei in this - I never could see Asuka as truly LOVING Shinji. She might respect him a a pilot, but she doesn't show him the genuine, honest-to-God CARE that Rei (thouh only occasionally) does. It may be largely due to her damaged psyche (and I DO feel for her because of that), but even so there are so many issues with the Shinji/Asuka pairing. Rei is right that the German girl only damages the poor boy further - hell, I'm surprised it took him the WHOLE SERIES before he finally snapped completely.

I really love this pairing and I love how well you've written it. Looking forward to seeing more of your other story as well.

gODSPEED!

(P.S. Do you like 'Rebuild'? I love it - ESPECIALLY the ending to 2.0! Yeah, I know, there's some bad things happening as a result, but still ...)
Guyver04 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This looks promising, very promising. I'm intrested to see where you take it.
Squire of Gothos chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Rei's last laugh at the end was ooc, but I liked it anyway ;-p so it's all good. Perhaps if the story continued, there would be a problem, but I find one-shots to be more forgiving of ooc-ness than a long story where you have to carefully track any changes. All in all, good. I enjoyed it
mangafreak7793 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
this was pretty good, and occ was bare noticeable, this was a good oneshot