Reviews for Truth and Justice
Tandy Sandman chapter 1 . 1/1
Real nice friendship piece here. I don't see a lot of these around... Thanks for the work and sharing!
aronoiiel chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This was awesome! Nicely done and thank you for sharing _
Xtin2000 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
wonderful tag to this episode. I love the friendship between Bruce and Clark, wonderful work! Keep it up :)
liron-aria chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
This fic brings me so much happiness, there aren't even words!

I'm currently re-watching the Justice League cartoon, and oof, the feels at the end of this episode. Especially since they brought out the civilian identities, when they'd been really careful not to in all the previous episodes.

Batman and Superman have such an amazing dynamic, I was really glad to see something looking at it without slash goggles (slash is just not my cup of tea). I think you pegged down their personalities really well, especially the way they were portrayed in the cartoon.

Congrats on a job well done!
HKay chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I love a good Superman/Batman friendship. They are such perfect balance for each other. Thanks for this.
Narf the Mouse chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This is excellent - A great character piece, and accurate, too. It also changed my opinion on that incident.
AllBlueChaser chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Wow this was so great and beautiful! Thanks and good job!
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Why everybody who wrote the stories based on Twilight episode overlook the fact that it's Batman's fault that Superman walked into trap? Nothing could happen is he just ignored Darkseid's false plea as he planned. But no, Batman forced him to interfere. We all remember how in ended.

So Clark can be wrong, but Bruce was terribly wrong.
All Nightmare Long chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I desperatly wanted this to be slash, but if it wasn't meant to be then that's perfectly all right.

Very well done! Got a kick outta reading this. XD Although... The way the episode ended was awesome, too. Haha, Batman had said many great things in it as well~ ("Cry me a river", and "just peachy" come to mind) Thanks for taking the time to write and share this! Like I said, it's great.
karonkgb chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Good character study. Keep writing Superman and Batman.
U.O. Zyzpm chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Great job! Not too many people understand the fun World's Finest relationship Bruce and Clark have.

You got it perfectly. It was the right amount of serious-talk and teasing they have. Bruce may be annoyed with Clark's boy scout personality but he respects him for it. Clark understands what drives Bruce and he respects it. They both trust each other but Bruce is a bit more wary of Clark due to his paranoid self. Still...

They both know how to push each others buttons. They're best friends though Clark would most likely be the only one to admit. Bruce would probably only admit when he's gone like many others in his life.

Nice job! You should write more! You do this friendship so well!
medcat chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Nicely done! And the last line is cute :)

Tinea chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Ahh! Fangirl squee!

This was amazing. Perfect. Not to mention your uncanny ability to pick up where the show stops and seamlessly expand on to it, usually with a better story than the actual episode.

I remeber watching that episode and thinking 'They're joking, right? They have Batman and Superman in eachothers faces, mad as all get out, they've been building the tension for, what, two episodes now, and this is how it ends? Really?' Because, honestly, they give us the perfect set up for some major character developmen, major action, and then- Clark storms off, cut scene to javelin.

Your story was the perfect resolution to the conflict. And it gets right to the heart of the characters.

I especially loved when Bruce was telling him; "And I believed you". On the one hand, you know Batman is calculating this entire thing. Using those exact words because he determinded that they would have the greatest effect. Which just keeps him in character to a 'T'. On the other hand, there's that underlying tone(Is it crazy if I could picture and hear this entire thing playing out in my head?) of emotion that makes you certain that he means every word he said.

Truly, I wish you were on the writing staff when JLU was being developed. The plot, storyline, and characters would've been much better off for it if you had.

Hoping that this is just the first of many JL stories we can expect from you.

On that note, thank you for writing this, as it made my day.
Dunyazade chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
oh jeez, I need to be careful what I wish for, because you are totally killing me with these stories.

And I love it.

I love it S much. Reading this actually gave me a guilty feeling, like maybe I should be paying you or something. Because seriously, this story pushed every last one of my buttons in an amazingly good way. I mean, come on- you even managed to include a reference to you-know-who and if Bruce DIDN'T attend that school play, he's a dirtbag and I'll never, ever forgive him!

Sigh! my poor neighbors in the apartment below mine probably think I was being murdered up here, for all the terrible ridiculous noises that reading this made me make. Grin.

I have to say, I liked Clark's final line in that episode. And, to be fair, Bruce _wasn't_ right, in this case. Darkseid _did_ survive the explosion that Bruce said 'nothing could've survived'. But, of course, the tension between them was left completely unresolved and needed something like this to put it all right again. So, thank you for providing it. *hugs you*

I'll list my favorite bits:

Clark kicking the boulder while Bats watched from a safe distance. XD

"and the world appeared in its true form, not the veiled reflection-world in which he normally lived." because that made me stop and think and say 'wow!'

Bruce reminding Clark that he *believed* him when he said his costume didn't give him the right to take revenge. AAGHH! I love that. I love that Bats believes in Superman and that's what he's admitting here.

Equally, I love the notion of Bats saving Supes from doing something he'd regret. yay!

And I loved that you revisit the idea that it would fall to Bruce to tell Lois if anything had happened to Clark. It just reminds me again of the timeless comrades-in-arms aspect of these two, and of course the best friend of the fallen soldier would be the one to bring the sad news back to his buddy's wife.

Loved Bruce's recollection of Alfred's very wise advice. And that he followed it, of course. That was a perfect moment.

Loved that J'onn had been monitoring anger levels. Aw! *hugs J'onn*

And, last but probably greatest of all, I loved that Bruce squeezed Clark's hand to let him know it was okay. *squees into unconsciousness*

I gotta say, if you've learned anything from _me_ over the past year or so... wow. You are one heck of a good student! *gives you a batarang*

I owe you a few more reviews...onto the next! XD
Bekkoni chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Wow, this was great. It's really hard to get the friendship between Batman and Superman just right, without making it seem too chummy, and you got it. All the details really made the story, especially J'onn prodding them to get a move on.