Reviews for Bless The Little Lambs
AvianReader chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Beautiful. I didn't see the twist where Rolo is taught to think that he's just earning his happy ending happening. But that was clever, really clever. It's like the brainwashing that terrorist groups do. I think. At first I was skeptical about the family setting with the caring parent (Matron), but the twist that V.V. and his experiment designers threw in just made it better.
Don'tSleep chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
That was terrifying. Is it bad that I'm looking at my family suspiciously now? This puts a whole new spin on Rolo in my head; thanks for the backstory! 3
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
This was scary. Little lambs will now be very sinister things. It did make me feel so sorry for Rolo, though.
Taf chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
WOW. I am greaty impressed. A masterpiece, from the title to the closing quotation. Excellent work.
Sunnivaixchel chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
ultra late review because I just stumbled upon this story, but it is fantastic.

I...I don't even know. Now I'm just like D: forever but in the best possible way. IDEK.
Irrevocable Truth chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
How.. Morbid.

Wow. Just wow. And even though I'll probably be freaked out by Mary Had A Little Lamb now, still. This story was worth it. I really liked how you shaped Rolo subtly, although I would actually prefer that the experiment reports were more formal (i.e. there aren't any emotions attached to it at all, like "this had better work" and the like).

Overall, though, bravo!
The Final Reality chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Wow... this story... is just wow... I can't even say it in other way. Amazing.
Plastic Roses chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
WOW that was creepy as fuck. By which I mean I loved it
sakurahanaalice chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
I don't think I've read a story about how Rolo became how he is, so this is interesting. I'm actually listening to "Still Alive" as I write this: "Maybe Black Mesa. That was a joke. Haha. Fat chance." Aah, I love that song. Yep, I'll have to read a sappy story now or I'll be stuck with "Still Alive" and this story mixing together as I go through my day.
incongruent chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
This is awesome. Just... awesome.

It works /perfectly/ as Rolo's backstory, simple and telling it as-is, quietly self-assured in the way children's narratives are. And that makes it all the creepier because of the interplay between the dreamy fairytale settings and the violent, bloody sequence of events. (It reminds me of how fairytales originated as cautionary tales, bedtime stories all dark and horrific and /wrong/.)

'He can't ever be happy, because Eden is gone, or it never existed at all, except in a story that was probably just a lie anyway. / So he'll have to be useful."

I've never been able to decide if Rolo's a child who grew up too fast, or one who never grew up at all. In this segment there's an acceptance that's almost world-weary in its realization and resignation, but also vestiges of that idealism and the belief that everything's going to turn out okay in the end if only he does things the right way. And it's even more depressing because the Geass Order's been playing him right from the beginning, so even his choice is an illusion. Rolo's just so tragic in this one because really all he wants is that little corner of children's paradise and our knowledge of the canon ending just makes everything he feels and does seem so futile. A little lamb, indeed.

And the way V.V.'s name hangs behind everything, all at once the alien high-up who could care less and the strange kid-next-door who watches all the goings-on with a detached interest (and is that his voice showing through, in the last few observation reports?). He's always been a favorite character of mine and I just love the way he pans out in this one.

Easily the best Rolo fic I've seen on the site, and a side helping of the Geass Order only makes it all the better.

So this is awesome. Just... awesome.
tinadapenguin1 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
That was AMAZING! It gave some real insight/possibilities of Rolo's past. I just... LOVED IT! You're an amazing writer!
Arroyo Rose Cawston chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I enjoyed reading this story. The pacing is well-done. The ending lines are creepily funny.
Mantinas chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
*clap* Clap* *Clap* Bravo, bravo. This story made me gasp, feel sympathy and actually feel sick to my stomach; and that's saying something.

This story deserves 73 reviews-as well as more-than my crappy fic. Your talent is beyond me and I hope more of the readers will see that. _

I couldn't see anything that needed critiquing.
deactivated account 999 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
G-G-God. Oh, God. I- I- Ohdeargod.

Y'know, I was looking for a good V.V. fanfic when I found this. I felt the sudden urge to read about Rolo, leaving V.V. on a second plane. and then... I just couldn't keep my eyes off it.

In general, I could feel the fairytale mocking tone of the fic. I could feel from the begining how false the Matron was. And I kind of liked the girl. I imagined her like some sort of little Luluko, heh. There's a Mary had a little Lamb dark spanish version, It is something like 'Morgan had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb, Morgan had a little lamb, red, red as blood'... But it well, rhymes, lol.

"Give a boy a knife, he may kill. Teach a boy how to kill, and you won’t need to give him the knife." The ending... Wow. The ending. It was just... Glorious. Striking. It... It well, gave an ending D: It disturbed. In a good way. Like a piece of surrealism. Specially when you know what'll happen to Rolo.

As for the critique. I've got to say the same as Candelabra, the reports weren't in a clinical tone. But, well, I don't know. The character, in this case, Rolo, I can't truly say if he was OC or wasn't, because he's very inestable. But I feel like he was, just like V.V.

Recently, I rarely add a story to favourites, but this one so worths it. I hope I can read more of you in the future... Next time, V.V, pretty please? I feel he's one character you would, um... handle... really well.

Good Job! -Alex.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
"It's so delicious and moist..."

Yeah, I think I'll just sing along with the rest of the choir in praise of this little gem.

...

No, I really do like it. Best piece I've read of yours yet. I'm fascinated by the methodical use of applied psychology here ('use' and 'apply' in the same phrase, is that tautology?). Sure it's been seen it before but the idea has never really struck me so academically as now.

But what I really like is your application of Newton's Third Law to Stockholm syndrome, or at least, that's what I read out of the matron trying something that had obviously been tried before and failed.