Reviews for Simpleton
SpunkyViper93 chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I have no words to describe this. This is by far the most amazing, well-written fanfic I have ever read. It's more poetic and beautiful then I can fathom. Amazing, truely brilliant. Don't ever stop writing!
Nessie-san chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
You said this was set in the nineteenth century. That would be the eighteen hundreds. Now, even throughout the seventeen hundreds people would know to use the word "years" instead of "summers." They may not have known their birthday (at least Kyo probably wouldn't have, nor Yuki), but because of the country they live, they would have been able to know how many year's they'd lived by the celebrations: Christmas happens at the same time every year, after all, and at the time the king of England was head of the Church of England (Protestant Church) and therefore matters of the state and matters of the church were one and the same. So, they would have used "years." Unless, of course, you meant seventeenth century, or even sixteenth century (AKA, later part of the Middle Ages). During this time period (at least, early-mid fifteenth, and probably the entire fourteenth), people may have spoken that way, depending on how educated they were. It seems Kyo is not educated (I'm sure he knows his numbers, but I don't think he can read, in this, at least) so he may have used the word "summers" to mean "years." Also, by the nineteenth century, you were an adult when you were twenty one, for males at least (females it was around sixteen). Hell, by the late SIXTEENTH century males were adults at twenty one. Although among royalty and lords and ladies of the court it was slightly different...but, ANYWAY! So, my point is that Kyo would not have been thought an adult by fifteen. Also, a boy from a poor farm (obviously, Martin is not a POOR farmer, but compared to some other occupations, he's poor) who was raised by his grandparents because his father died and his mother skipped out would NEVER have gone to school, unless he was going to become a monk, in which case he'd go to the local monastery (there were monasteries EVERYWHERE all throughout the middle ages and even up to the point where you said the story took place) and study there, devoting his life to affairs of the church and state. He never would have "been accepted at school" and gone away to study. No matter how brilliant he was he would never have gotten to a school, in that world. Also, if they're in England, they're going to be using pennies, shillings, and pounds, not dollars. Dollars are American money ONLY. Also, there was no such thing as "a farmer for the kingdom." All farms were privately owned, and it was expected that all the sons would work there. Goddess, I have so many more notes about historical facts that would have made this impossible to happen as you have it happening, but I'm getting tired of giving you a history lesson (no insult intended), as it's after one AM. So, I'm going to read the next chapter, and hope it's not as filled with historical facts related mistakes as this chapter.
bonjourmeadow chapter 3 . 11/20/2010
This is absolutely lovely. The idea is so fresh and clever. Your writing refreshes me. Not many writers string together words like you do.

I feel like there's more to be written. If so, continue to update, please!
Xeniaph chapter 3 . 7/12/2010
That was sooooo saaaaaad... Even if it was also adorable and hot. And what are they talking about, "in half a year"? That scares me... Is someone going to die or something? D:

P.S. I think the older story should've taken place in rural Japan. It might've made more sense. Just saying.
mousecat chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
This story is good, I really like it! Jumping back and forth in time as the cat and rat remember each other, is fascinating! Their never ending love for each other, fully aware of the dangers of their forbidden relationship keeps things interesting. But what about "The Long Road Home"?

I love that story too!
XxemLyxX chapter 3 . 5/29/2010
i loved this! the last sentence wrapped it up nicely

:D
mousecat chapter 2 . 11/16/2009
Fascinating! I like it!
JustPlainViolet chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
This is so sweet but so sad at the same time. Thankyou for sharing.
KawaiiKilala77 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
O.O ...This story is AWESOME! Wow, this story took my breath away. It's amazing. -
Solphwen chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
This was absolutely beautiful. Your style of writing is amazing and you found a way to be so descriptive without adding a lot of detail. That takes true skill and it's something I haven't been able to accomplish yet so good job, actually, scratch that AMAZING job! The plot you came up with is amazing and something I probaby would have never come up with. I loved this story. Please continue writing because you're extremely talented. :]
mousecat chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
OK, I might be a little disappointed(since I love 'Long Road Home'), but this one is great too! Will you continue?