Reviews for Expectations
Preciossa chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Update soon, please!
M. S. Arora chapter 2 . 9/7/2009
Awh poor Jack. His thoughts are flooded with Elizabeth, and yet, he’s far too stubborn to admit it. You’ve managed to keep him in character. Well done!

Good reference to AWE, there, with the multiple Jacks – they are an excellent way of expressing Jack’s rather complex thought process . The letters were very, very interesting... I was trying to imagine Will’s reaction to all the versions of the letter Jack wrote. I’m curious about how he’s going to react to the final one...

Watch out for ‘then’ and ‘than’. ‘Then’ refers to time, whereas ‘than’ refers to comparison.

‘...then one, and from more then one ship...’; ‘It hurts more then a sword...’ – All the ‘then’s should be ‘than’s, I believe.

A small error about halfway through the piece: ‘An eyebrow raised’ – It should be ‘rose’, I think, since it is a sentence on its own.

Excellent chapter overall. I’m definitely looking forward to Jack’s ‘plan’. :)

Do keep writing!

MsAurora
M. S. Arora chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Intriguing start, here! Jack was completely in character – his behaviour, attitude and use of language all signified that he was, in fact, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. Excellent work. I like the way you’ve conveyed that his true feelings remain bottled up inside him, while on the outside, he acts like a carefree man. I find that this ties in well with the films since at points during each movie, we are given a glimpse of Jack’s more profound side, and often, it surprises people to think that Jack may not be as untroubled as he seems.

One thing I’d like to point out is that in the 18th century, women didn’t wear short skirts so you may want to reconsider the waitress' attire. There were a few sparse typos (‘You could talk an oyster of it’s pearl...’ – ‘its’, aye? ‘...mite faster then the stocky pirate...’ – ‘than’, I think) and some punctuation errors, but overall, this is a well written chapter.

Onwards! :)

MsAurora
josie chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
loved the chapter, please update soon! :)
Dying Swan chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
Ah, Jack loves her. I can't wait to hear how they escape!
CabbageMerchant chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
Take heart everybody! Jack' plan is here!

I loved the letters personally. Will and Jack's secret corespondence about Liz is most intriguing. Ah liz. We all know the cap'n loves you XD Update soon. You're doing a great job.

Keep the sparrabeth faith!
KissOfDeathJE chapter 2 . 8/5/2009
loved it! :) please update soon! :)

MiMi
KissOfDeathJE chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
i love it! please continue? :)

MiMi
Dying Swan chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
To be honest, I checked this story out to read a one shot fic with some J/E romance. I didn't to be hooked on, begging for a continuance. So...please? Pretty please? Another chapter?
josie chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
LOVED your story! please ccontinue! loved the writing too :)
CabbageMerchant chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Hooray for assertive women! Highly entertaining interactions between our favourite pirate couple and some Gibbs storytelling time! Great work so far. Please update ASAP!

Keep the sparrabeth faith!