Reviews for Vague Advances & Second Chances
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Great story
ccQTccQT chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
heyyy are you gonna update soon? I hope so because I love this story :)))))
Shingie chapter 2 . 10/31/2010
This was long... but definitely worth the time :D I /LOVED/ this! I love how you describe Freddie's attitudes/feelings toward Sam... they're so uncliche (if that makes any sense).

One of my favorite parts is when Freddie is looking back on the good old days with Sam and the prom and the beach and that just made me go aaaawww How cute! Normally flashbacks like that are really cheesy, but that was just really well done and it felt so... real :3

You're really good at writing Freddie. u As always, it's kind of hard to adjust to it because you write in present tense, but I've grown to really like it.

AND THEIR KISSES OMGOMGZZZ /spazzes X'D

I also loved the part where Freddie's insulting her (the monologue one that cracks her) but you still manage to keep the sexual tension there. Hee hee. And it's totally awesome how to depart from the show with your own little touches on the character yet stay true to them Lovely work!

PS: Hmm... are you sure this should be a T rating? With all the drinking and f-bombs... yeah xD
Mlle. Madeline chapter 2 . 7/22/2010
So, okay, I know this hasn't been updated in, um...lots of months, but I really really like it a lot, and if you ever finish it I wanna read how it ends. So I'm putting it on alert anyway.
AshAttack chapter 2 . 3/8/2010
absolutely breathtaking.

i love how the story progresses with such a believable stride.

it is truely amazing.

i look forward to reading more.
aussiemma chapter 2 . 3/4/2010
this story is amazing! i beg of you to update... please! ]
NormalIsTheWatchword chapter 2 . 11/29/2009
Holy Chiz! This story is very good. Please update it. Thank you very much.
May Lily chapter 2 . 11/25/2009
I'm really enjoying this, you have such an amazing talent for writing like this. I can't say much, but, I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
Pieequals36 chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
So finally got around to this - stupid college work getting in the way. First off - love the song! Great song choice *two thumbs up* The fight scene was really intense! I wasn't sure if they were going to kiss or kill each other, although I suppose that was the point lolz. I almost found it difficult to read, I was wincing when Freddie was saying all that stuff about her not being as pretty or special as Carly and leaving her behind. But I can totally see him exploding like this. Also favourite line:

“What are you going to do, Benson, go crying to mommy about how the nasty girl is saying horrible things again? Grow up and act your age, not your cock size. You’re eighteen, not two and a half,” she hisses, cocking an eyebrow at Freddie, almost daring him to have another go.

In an AU this is EXACTLY what Sam would say if ICarly wasn't aimed at 15 year olds. Such a perfect line :) Funny but bitter. I think what made reading this chapter so hard was that I stuck on Burning Bridges and it just sort of set the mood. Honestly I never usually use the cliche of I cried, but I very nearly did. I felt for Sam, him letting her down kind of proved her right in keeping people at a distance.

"On his second night back on campus Freddie switches on his phone to find a text message from Sam saying ‘i think i’m going to become a lesbian.’ He’d feel hurt or even a little rejected if he didn’t find the randomness of the statement and the concept of Sam getting herself a girlfriend so hilarious." - rofl! I was glad for a little bit of a humour injection, sort of like a reprieve. Well timed, very good work!

Her showing up at his dorm and confessing how lonely she is, another heartbreaking moment. I can totally see Sam being left behind when everyone heads off to college. But I love that Freddie asked her out on a date :) So cute.

Anyways another amazing chapter - hope you keep going with this one.

Sarah
Pieequals36 chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
I've decided I'm going to take the time today to review all your stuff, because I glanced over it all last night and finally re-read most of it this morning and I just fell in love with it. I love your style of writing and the maturity it brings to the fandom, I love your characterisation (especially Freddie in this one and his interaction with his college friends) and just how completely plausible and realistic the situations are. I've yet to get to the second chapter but I promise when I do to review it and then I'll move on to the rest of your work. It definietly deserves someone to take time out and just go over it. You put a lot of work in and it shows :) Anyway I won't patronise you anymore, I'm sure you're well aware of how hard you worked on this piece lolz. Now I'm off to read and review the second chapter!
Scrollwork chapter 2 . 11/4/2009
This is quite a wonderful piece you are writing. I am greatly enjoying all the characters. Way to keep the iCarly bunch in character. Your writing flows very smoothly and the feel of the story is just right. I believe that you are handling the developing relationship between Freddie and Sam in a very realistic manner. You really can just feel the underlying tension between the two. I believe that there were a few times in which you had words in the sentences that did not seem to fit. Also there were a few typos in there as well. I think that cobras envenomate their prey, not constrict them by the way. Anyway, a wonderful job and please continue his story.
Lanter chapter 2 . 11/4/2009
"Wow, things certainly got ugly fast."

Ah, reminds me of holidays with the family:)

"Grow up and act your age, not your c**k size."

Good line, I'll have to remember it.

I dug the intensity of the (flashback) fight between Freddie and Sam.

I like the realism of the characters post-high school lives. I generally find it hard to get into fics where Sam somehow manages to get a scholarship to University. Her situation here is much more in keeping with something I can envision happening to Sam. Excellent chapter.
Masquerading with Shadows chapter 2 . 11/3/2009
Wow, both seriously good and seriously long. And seriously awesome. I love Sid; he's so funny! Which I'm surprised at because he's also crude and I usually don't find that funny! Congrats, a crude character who I like :) and Will's just plain ridiculous. The Sam/Freddie chemistry is really good and intriguing. Update as soon as you can!
mystlyx chapter 2 . 11/2/2009
Wow. This is amazing. While the premise for the plot is not new, it is a creative spin on the idea, made all the more attractive by your wonderful writing and brilliant execution of the direction you're taking the story. The narration and dialogue flow beautifully, the characters are brilliantly characterized, especially Freddie. This spans such a range of his emotions while keeping them all realistic and IC. I can't even pick a favorite part, I love this story so much! Aside from the occasional typo, this is a beautifully crafted piece of work. Keep up the great writing, and update ASAP!
Bottle-Blues chapter 2 . 11/2/2009
yOU WRITE ALOT HOW MANY PAGES IT THAT LIKE 50 x] uPDATE! Aswome story !