Reviews for King of Shadowed Halls
Stace chapter 2 . 1/4
I am only on chapter 2, and I am in love. This is the type of Thranduil story I have been searching for. Please keep writing more!
asdfgvhbj chapter 2 . 12/19/2014
Great Story and very well written !
Nieriel Raina chapter 8 . 8/24/2009
Trying to do MEFA reviews, I've gotten behind. Speaking of, this one shall have to make nominations next year. A wonderful look into why Thranduil moved his people north. Vivid and moving, I love how your elves are so real. Thank you for another great story!
leralonde chapter 8 . 8/16/2009
I am sorry to see this one end. It was a great read. I felt every emotion and there were plenty. And a sweet little ending. Planting trees as a reminder of home. There will come a time when this will be home. And then perhaps those troublesome faer will meet. You think?
leralonde chapter 7 . 8/15/2009
Lalaithiel's eyes may have been dry, but mine are not. What a beautiful leavetaking. I'm glad they have finally made their peace. Love always wins out. I really enjoyed Thranduil's briefly pink ear tips.
leralonde chapter 6 . 8/14/2009
I loved your introduction of the two wizards. Thranduil has them both figured out perfectly. Radagast is a sweetheart. And Gandalf is-Gandalf. Thranduil's visit with Turon was interesting. I enjoyed hearing his tale of the past. And surely women have been leaving their homes and all that they hold dear to be with their husbands since the dawn of time.
leralonde chapter 5 . 8/13/2009
As much as I wanted to shake Lalathiel at the beginning of the chapter, by the end I was weeping with her. I can understand her dread of leaving behind her former life. Even though she doesn't live that life anymore, it was still a short distance away. I'm sure that knowledge was alwasy a comfort to her. Hopefully the conversation with her mother will ease the pain a little bit and help her deal with what is going to happen whether she wants it or not. And Thranduil will understand, as he, aslo, had to go see his boyhood home once more. If only they would tell each other how they really felt. But that is hard. Hope her journey home is safe.
leralonde chapter 4 . 8/12/2009
Oh dear, this has turned into a mess. And he never once thought that she would feel this way? If he could open up to her, she might be persuaded to see things his way. He has worked so hard to make it the best place possible. Now is the time for wither thou goest.
leralonde chapter 3 . 8/11/2009
It was fun being with Thranduil when he discovered the place that we already know as being his home. It was truly a "fixer upper". The crawling through the tunnel though, that gave me a gut clench. I am still trying to shake it off. It seems Lalathiel had no illusions about where her husband had been. What a good wife she is. Sorry its taking me so long to get through your story. Time is a real issue right now. I'll get there though.
Destined Darkness chapter 8 . 8/10/2009
Yeah hang the duties, spend some time with loved ones for once, besides he is the king he can just tell them that he is having a week off and they HAVE to listen to him, because otherwise it's treason (not really but, still) hehe i loved this, i was almost, almost, bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet, but then i remembered that wasnt a good idea and sat down, hehe, Thranduil i am sorry but you dont have all the time in the world, just saying, dont try to work it out, cause you'll just upset urself,

Hannon

Hugs everyone from the author right down to the newest tree, (Very shaky after hugging trees)

Gracey, Rache, . . ( . .)
ziggy3 chapter 8 . 8/10/2009
I am going to miss this story- it is a delightful tale, full of wonderful observations, and cleverness from Thranduil (forgot to mention how clever he is in his design of the halls in the last chapter!)The relationship between him and Lalaithiel is very tender, passionate and strong. She keeps the woodelf in him going I suspect and is his connection with the woods.(Love King Stag - best ever Thranduil fic. Makes mecry out loud, have I mentioned that before?) I love the way he is so anxious to please her, desparate for her approval and that she gives it so completely. AND I am still thinking about his throne room and the delicate carving and crystals that look like the starlit night-beautiful.

You use the senses so well to give everything depth- so there are lots of sounds and smells in this, and , such a beautiful and sad story even though it is also about new beginnings, it also signifies the beginning of 'Mirkwood' as the shadow creeps over the forest. Have I told you how much I adore your Thranduil? Thank you.

(October! I can't wait until October! Ignoblebard obviously needs TWO birthdays, like the Queen- one in Ocotber but perhaps one in late AUgust? :)
ziggy3 chapter 7 . 8/10/2009
THe end of this chapter is so sad. There are these resonances every now and again, echoes of the Silmairion and Orohpher's tragic story. ANd Lalaithiel is so very much a match for Thranduil. Love the bit where he holds back the faer, and hte longing look he gives the lower chambers that will obviously be Legolas' later on. Galion- off stone dust - great touch.
Jebb chapter 8 . 8/10/2009
Thank you for the upbeat ending, it was good to see that Thranduil seems to have put aside the dark dreams now he has moved his folk to safety and it was amusing to see how panicked he was when Lalaithiel was missing what a wonderful thing to do, to plant the avenue of beeches on this first day.

Thank you for a lovely story full of the most wonderful imagery that will stay with me for a very long time
Jebb chapter 7 . 8/10/2009
I loved the whole description of the rooms in the new stronghold, and the reasoning behind the decisions made

Thranduil was certainly intent on ensuring the safety of both his people and more importantly his family when he designed their new home.

I thought Lalaithiel's response to this new proposed home was perfect. Yes she was impressed but she was certainly not going to show it to her husband

Until she saw how desparate he was and as any woman who loves as she obviously does she gave her support

Their departure was sad but I applauded Thranduil's decision to leave the old palace open for others to use

I have to say that from now on the description of the interior of the stronghold will be the one I consider to be 'canon'.
Destined Darkness chapter 7 . 8/10/2009
aw i almost cried, this was so lovely, i am so glad so very glad that Thranduil and Lalaithiel made up, hehe it was so sad that they had to leave their old home behind but it was neccessary (i think?)

Hannon

Hugs

Gracey, Rache, . . ( . .)