Reviews for The Dog, The Girl and The Walk in Closet
averyenture chapter 38 . 7/21/2014
Well, here we are. All caught up on your story. Wow. Let me just say, your writing evokes some serious emotion. Maybe it's just me, but throughout the entire story I found myself very animated in reading - in fact, this chapter I verbally hissed "fuck you" at Judge Bergan just a second before Edie did, haha. AND OH MY GOD BASCH TO THE RESCUE YES. And oh Al-Cid Jorge? I had a feeling he was, but oh no...that's so sad...I like him, but I also like Basch...

Poor Edie...she's been through so much, I think it's good she finally had a good cry. And Kaiser's come back! Finally! I wonder if he's going to fight with her from now on...? Aww man such a cliffhanger...

Well, if you ever decide to update this spectacular story, I'll eagerly be waiting.
averyenture chapter 37 . 7/21/2014
Wow, Edie and Al-Cid actually kissed. I feel very conflicted right now. On one hand, hell yeah! That scene was awesome! Get some, Edie! On the other hand...what about poor Basch? And oh shit...Edie is seriously PISSED. I hope she's about to kick some Judge ass. Only one more chapter...
averyenture chapter 36 . 7/21/2014
This chapter was intense. I've been waiting for this moment - the moment she finally told everyone the truth. Damn man. And that Bangaa's really starting to piss me off though - who does he think he is, trying to tell her her whole life was just a lie? I really hope it isn't true..that'd be heartbreaking. And a Daemon? Witch? What? Very confusing, indeed.
averyenture chapter 33 . 7/19/2014
"What a splendid suggestion, Princess!" Oh my god I'm cracking up, you write Balthier absolutely perfectly. He's just having a ball with the entire situation, isn't he? Poor Edie...he really does tease her relentlessly. Your writing is so perfect and funny, while also very interesting. I'm eager to see where things go from here...Edie can't keep up the amnesiac act forever. I hope she'll tell the truth, soon, I'm very curious to see how everyone will react.
averyenture chapter 31 . 7/18/2014
Aw, Basch really is beginning to fall for her...I wonder just stubborn he's going to be in resisting these feelings. Will he be willing to break his vow of celibacy for Edie..? Either way, things are definitely getting interesting due to the fact that they're both beginning to discover some unwanted feelings. Only six chapters left now...D:
averyenture chapter 30 . 7/18/2014

and hey, no worries about the length of the chapter, your real life concerns should always come first, so take your time and dont feel pressured to write if you can't/don't want to - i hope your mom is well.
averyenture chapter 24 . 7/18/2014
Can I just say that I am loving how Balthier and Fran have essentially been playing matchmaker to Edie and Basch? Because it's awesome.

Another well done chapter, they never disappoint.
averyenture chapter 22 . 7/17/2014
Oh my god. Oh my GOD. Your story is killing me here, it is SO GOOD. This is coming from someone with an extremely picky and critical taste in literature. Really, this story has been amazing so far! Edie is a completely realistic and interesting character that I've come to love - I can't tell you how relieved I am that you didn't make her powerful or badass in battle immediately; she's just as vulnerable and inexperienced as you would expect someone from our world to be. (Given time, however, I'm sure she'll grow stronger.)

And I love how much depth you put into her relationships with the characters - especially Vaan, Penelo, and recently Basch. Penelo was kinda ignored in the game but you absolutely made her come to life in this story, and as a total sweetheart I now love! I mean geez you just write all of the characters so well, everyone is perfectly in character!

Plus, I love how you add little tidbits of Edie's past into the story via flashbacks or memories or reminders overtime rather than just throwing everything about her at us all at once - it's been very nice slowly getting to know her and what her old life used to be like, as well as how she fares in her new life.

The only bit of criticism I have would be the many grammar and spelling errors, but it's understandable as you are also Spanish-speaking, and plus I don't mind it all that much, it's easy to ignore. Anyway, I have yet to catch up to the latest chapter (something I am both striving for and dreading), but I sincerely, sincerely hope you haven't given up on this story. To the reader, a story that's gone a year without updating can make us go "oh my god, did the author die or something!?" but to the author it seems as if you just updated the other day; so I can understand the wait, if you do still intend on continuing the story.

Now I'm off to continue to the next chapter - I'll probably leave some more reviews as well as I proceed. But this has been a stunning story so far - it's made me laugh (a lot), it's made me squeal in fangirliness, it's made me tense up during battle moments over my precious Edie and Penelo - and it's quickly become a favorite of mine. Thank you so much for writing this.

(P.S. - Basch and Edie are so freaking cute man I can't even handle this !)
Valkarious chapter 38 . 3/4/2014
Just read this from the start to the current chapter, and i've been hooked. Very much looking forward to reading more, so keep the good work coming! :)
Dragongirl180 chapter 38 . 1/4/2014
I have quite enjoyed the story so far. I can't wait for more. Especially the first kiss with basch. :3
White Ivy chapter 38 . 8/31/2013
Great fic! i hope Edi figures out what's going on - whether she was really ever in this realm (which is a possibility if witches can travel between realms) or if it's all a curse that's messing up her head.
Guest chapter 38 . 7/7/2013
I hope you get a chance to update this soon! I'm hooked!
maggiexxmoment chapter 38 . 5/8/2013
Wow first I just wanna say sorry for not reviewing in such a long time! I missed a few chapters and then just didn't have the time to catch myself up until now. I think the last spot I left off was around the Ozmone Plain?
Okay, so once again I'd like to express how much I love your descriptiveness. Even though I already know what these places look like, you put such a unique spin on them and all of the places not visited in-game are very vivid.
I've loved all of the Basch and Edie moments! And I love your use of dreams with them as well. You finally had them acknowledge it too which was interesting. Though possibly even more than the Basch and Edie moments are the moments Balthier teases her about them and they get into arguments, I loved the part when they got drunk together, it was pretty funny!
I could go on and on but what I mostly want to get to is the reveal of Edie's "past". I think it's such an interesting storyline and I really love the way you managed to sneak all of the details into the story beforehand. I expected her to have something to do with Rozarria, but her connection with Al-Cid was totally unexpected and I totally loved it!
Anyway, that basically sums up everything I wanted to say. I'm really excited for the next chapter!
Dreams-of-Archades chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I don't know how 1. I have missed this story on my years looking through this fandom and 2. I have never reviewed before.

I took the liberty of looking at your bio before reading this and as soon as I saw you not only saying that you were influenced by Phillip Pullman, C.S Lewis AND the Kaiser Chiefs, but you then said that one of your favourite characters is Iorek Byrnison and I was dying from feels.

This first chapter (I know is over three years old now - damn) is amazing. I have read (and written) some bloody terrible OC fanfictions before but this is not one of them. I love Edie already, I love Kaiser and I adore the way you write.
Guest chapter 38 . 4/13/2013
how is the group going to take to her dog?