Reviews for The Face in the Mirror
Marvels Marbly chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
This was so beautifully written. I can't begin to tell you! You have Cloud such an honest incentive for leaving. I've always been bothered by the idea that he left solely because of the guilt. It's so wimpy. Here, he's given some heroic dignity in his decision to leave. Not only does he feel unworthy, even more (importantly) so, he believes he's a threat. Now, that's a reason to leave.

On top of this, again, this was beautiful, chilling imagery. Wonderful job!
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
And just when you thought Cloud's life couldn't get any more screwed up...

Man. Poor Cloud. Great writing, too, by the way. I don't think this is quite up to an 'M' rating, but I can easily imagine that one scene in the bathroom being really hard to write.
UnderdogAngel chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Omigosh pure amazing-ness! Now I see what's got everyone so excited about this (even though I had no doubt before that it was amazing)! It all makes so much sense!

That whole dream sequence? Talk about freaky! If I had dreams like that and saw Sephiroth talking to me from a mirror, I'd freak and DEFINTITELY run away.

Poor Denzel! Thinking he gave the stigma to Cloud! But he's so cute x] I love the whole thing with the ring (and it was something I'd been wondering about, too, since you never see Cloud without gloves, and it makes you wonder if he's wearing one too, but this makes much more sense! haha)

In short, amazing story! You never cease to amaze me with your writing skills! :D
some final fantasy fangirl XD chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I loved the scene between Denzel and Cloud! It was so cute! I can understand why Cloud left. If I had scary dreams like that, I would leave too.
VGComposerEscalante chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Awesome writing! I can tell that you really enjoy writing these stories. For someone like me, who only writes for kicks and doesn't add much detail, this is much better. I also saw your picture on deviantart of "The Face In The Mirror". AWESOME! Keep up the good work!
septasonicxx chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
OH MY GOSH YOU ALMOST MADE ME CRY!

This story is the absolute best ff7 story I've ever read.. and that's definitely saying something. Wow, I can't believe anyone could write something like this! It was perfect and amazing and ahh I love it!

It was so sad all throughout but so well written and ohmygosh I don't know how to put my feelings into words because it's not possible.. but just know that this story is DEFINITELY something to be proud of.

I love it. I will fave it. :)
Syzeria chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Hi there,

Omigosh that was spectacular! Just magnificent (ok, here I go with the long list of adjectives)!

It was captivating, terrorizing and downright depressing. D:

The way you connected Cloud's reasons for leaving to his past was just superb and well-thought out. I adore the little line "I miss you already". It just broke my heart /3

What was terrorizing was Cloud's dream (what scared me most was that he was LAUGHING. Even though I knew it wasn't HIM per say, it still wrapped itself around my heart and squeeze it ever so painfully. :$

That scene in the bathroom was just horrifying too. But it made perfect sense! The entire "puppet" thing is (in my opinion), part of the reason why Cloud left.

Honestly, if they ever make a Case of Cloud and mention why he left and his agonizing experience - holy crow, my energy would go through the roof! - they should DEFINITELY use this! Oh, you should like submit it or something and like ... oh, I dunno, but this is just /that/ AWESOMME!

Geezes, seriously, you take all the thoughts and ideas I can't put into words - and put them into words! Do you know how surprised and relieved and joyous that makes me feel?

Anyway, FOREVER A FAVORITE STORY, and I think it's the best fic about Cloud leaving EVER!

You are so amazing, you know?

-Syzeria
kitsune13 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
it's about time someone pointed out that Cloud wasn't running away from his family because he didn't love them or because he just can't handle pressure or because he was so hung up on Aerith that he'd actually rather sleep in a cold empty church than be with his family. I think ACC made it even more obvious that he was worried about becoming Seph's puppet again and hurting the ones he loved most and that he left for their own safety. Very nicely, dramatically, and believably done. And I loved that Cloud had a ring of his own that he gave to Denzel. It does make the ring that Barret's got on his ribbon a bit suspcious - lol - but I loved the idea of Cloud having a ring and Tifa having a ring. It somehow indicates that, to Cloud, the bond between the two of them was intended - by him at least - as being something more (whether he actually let her know that or not - lol). Wouldn't mind reading some follow up to the ending of ACC from that point of view. Very well done and very insightful.
mom calling chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Yeah, easy enough to say he should have stayed, but with those kind of mind-bending nightmares, how could he? I remember a long time ago, just married, I had a series of dreams about my new husband dying-each night for about a week. I was terrified to go to sleep. All I could think of was that it was a subconscious wish and what horrible kind of person was I to want that. I fully "get it" with Cloud. I like that you had him meet Denzel on the way out, and they got to hug, and you did fine with the ring. It does explain why it was too big for a little kid. This is a very fine piece of their story. thx mc
yian789 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
well, i don't think he should hve stay (u've emphasize the fact that he was losing his mind and would kill his family-whether or not he was under the influence of Sephy)

but somehow, i my opinion the only way to get rid of sephy-eternally- is to have cloud to well...die *slap myself*

all in all this piece is worth to be favorited XD. you actually go into the depth of cloud's feeling which made it look as if this is canon..

but i've been hoping that you mentioned your own theory behind the mysterious behind the ring cloud gave to denzel, who was it originlly meant for (or was it that i was so oblivious i couldn't notice it...-.-)
Agatsuma Ritsuka chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Empathize, I mean sure you can make arguments about how they'd 'help' him get through it but he's better at handling this kinda stuff by himself.

I haven't watched ACC but I WANT to, man I want to... If I get my hands on some pocket money three guesses what I'm doing with it. XD
BondSlave chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
One word Anneke. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

and well, 'heart wrenching' so make it three words.