Reviews for Always Changing
Missingwings chapter 1 . 1/17
This was... Depressing. It makes me feel bad for both Egypt and France... But I'm torn. I understand why Egypt would want ownership, but I don't agree that no one else should use it. Put a toll on it if you must, but don't block it off completely. Still, this was a great read! Thanks!
Polska chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
Pretty interesting fic; I liked it quite a bit. It's so rare to find stuff about Egypt, and even moreso to find GOOD stories about Egypt, so this was a pleasant surprise, and I also enjoy how you put the time into researching it a bit in order to make a more full historical fic.

I mean, I love AUs, don't get me wrong, but I'm tiring of all of the high school AU Hetalia fics. Sometimes I need me some good old history to get back into the game.

Can I just add some recommendations, with regards to the French? If you're not interested, then no problem, you can just ignore this, but it just caught my eye when reading. 1) When France says "Mon fil" to Canada, the correct term for "son" is "fils"; I believe a "fil" is a thread. 2) When France says that he will be "gentil", if you meant to say "kind", then no problem, you're on the dot there, but if you were trying to say "gentle", then I think "doux" is a more commonly used term. I couldn't really tell from the context which meaning you were implying.

Other than those minor errors, I quite enjoyed it. I liked the slightly hypocritical thoughts France had, that it's alright for big world powers like him and England to rebel and demand things for themselves, but that it's just weird and unheard of other countries doing so. Pretty accurate to history, I'd say. Or at least, in most situations with an oppressor and a victim.
Fuzzball6846 chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. It was well written and had very few mistakes. I can't say I've looked into the Suez Canal much, but from what I do know this was historically correct. It left a bittersweet taste that I just love to see in stories. I also like your reference to the great flag debate.
level5mushroom chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Oohhh Canada mad Well that is to be expected, he is a nation after all. But thanks I have now a better understanding from the Suez Canal crisis. This is better than my text book. :3
lady of storm and lightning chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This... I love this so much! I love historical Hetalia fanfics *O* you are a genius. This was pure genius. I love the tension between France and Egypt and between Canada and France. That was awesome
Papers'n'Pens chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Wow! I love this! I was just browsing through stories and clicked on this one randomly, but i'm so glad I did! To be honest, I think you' did a great job at portraying Egypt, and France's personality was so-so serious! I'm subscribing to you after I type this!
LithiumKiss chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
This was really well written. I've never read a fic with Egypt in it before, seeing as he doesn't have a major appearance in the manga or anime, but I really like how you've portrayed his character. He's...modestly proud. Kudos for you.
Smrtypantz chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
this was extremely interesting! i never did understand the full story of the Suez Canal, and I'm so glad I do now! As always, Egypt's character was perfect I loved how his passion showed on the battlefield

I also loved Canada in this! xD I totally remember that convo we had about the Canadian flag, and now that it's in a fic, i'm fangirling xDD Canada standing up for Egypt was awesome :)

Awesome job once again!

Smrtypantz
Ciel the Hedgehog chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
One of the things I like best about this Hetalia series is how people can incorporate real events that happened between nations, and let it play out between...people. Personify it.

And this, Rose, is a perfect example. I didn't even KNOW about the Suez Crisis, so not only did I learn, but Egypt's part made so much sense. It's hard to place those words in any normal person, but in the true representation of a nation...

Perfect.

Keep up the good work.

Ciel
PROFILE HAS BEEN DISPOSED OF chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I like this story, I think you captured the mood of that time in history very well. I like Gupta's last statement alot too.

"We died building it, and we died taking it back."