Reviews for Second Start
Norv chapter 80 . 5/26
GĂ©nial, suite svp, merci
Are you gonna come out with any more? I can understand getting busy and if you don't I understand but I really enjoy this story. It's really refreshing!
Gazuzin chapter 80 . 4/8
Thanks for staying with this fic, i love it, giving badass Snape some nice years at Hogwarts and seeing James, Narcissa and Remus from another angle is great
Books85 chapter 5 . 3/13
I have been picking up an odd word usage here, and I think it may be a difference between British English and U. S. English; when Lily and Petunia are aquabbling there mother tell them "Stop that this instance." I would normally say, stop that this instant, but I live in the U. S. Is this another instance of the "two countries separated by a common language" saying from my youth?

Still enjoying this. I look forward seeing how the changes Severus makes in turn cause other changes. Thank you .
Books85 chapter 4 . 3/13
Hmm. I wonder if Severus would be able to manage Professor Slughorn into taking him as an apprentice before he finishes school? While it would keep him attending with Lily, he could avoid boredom.

I have heard that British students finish a course of learning, but do not graduate until the end of university.

Seems strange to a colonial (slang for American, but it also includes Canadians, Australians & New Zealanders) but that seems to ce the usage.
Thanks!
Books85 chapter 2 . 3/13
A promising start.

I just checked the header and see that while this book was started in 2009, it was last updated less than a year ago. I look forward to see how you resolve what you have started.

Thanks for sharing your work.
LordHadesinTartarus chapter 79 . 12/12/2021
OK, so a couple of minor issues. Firstly, I think the plot is well-conceived and overall well-written; that said I've noticed continual misspellings, particularly of characters' names (Walburga, Cissy, etc.), that rather detract from the story on the whole. Secondly, and this is merely a pet peeve of mine and has little to no bearing on the story itself, but type 2 diabetes mellitus is not a lifelong disease. It is quite common in today's world; however, even back in the late 70's and 80's it was common. It was (and is) also common to make full recoveries from the condition through a combination lifestyle changes (exercise, diet, weight loss, etc.) and/or medication; also it's fairly rare for type 2 diabetics to need (or even be proscribed) injections of insulin, rather than the aforementioned lifestyle changes in conjunction with anti-diabetic medications (metformin has been around since the 20's and commonly used for treatment of diabetes since the 50's).
pleasereadme chapter 2 . 11/19/2021
Could it be that James Potter is The reincarnation of Captain Kirk and Harry Potter is the reincarnation of June Luke Picard from Star Trek as well. Their personalities reflected for very very very very very very much.
pleasereadme chapter 2 . 11/19/2021
Why do I get the feeling that James Potter from Harry Potter evey single time in every fanfic James Potter gets his personality portrayed like as if he's a magical version of Captain Kirk from Star Trek this personality the way he talks the way he interacts with everyone else It seems exactly like Kirk.
Juan Miguel chapter 80 . 11/3/2021
more actualizacion please
aerolithos chapter 1 . 10/1/2021
wow so fun! Can't wait to keep reading
ironhair chapter 1 . 9/26/2021
Reading
Angelfirenze chapter 80 . 9/22/2021
Oh, my gosh, I can't believe I'm finally caught up! It's taken me literally months to read this story because I've been restarting it so often. I really love this canon and I think I've found another replacement for canon! I'm so happy I stumbled onto this last year. Yes, last year.

I adore your characterizations, especially since it's Adult!Snape who's learning these lessons and how better to feel about and treat people and I couldn't ask for better, really. I'm SO GLAD Lucius is no longer Narcissa's worst problem, but I can't figure out how I feel about Druella faking her death. It just comes across as purely selfish, given what she's putting all of her current children (even Bellatrix) through only to start anew with another child? THAT'S MINDBLOWINGLY SELFISH and, no, I'm not screaming at you. I'm just aghast at having to feel sadness for Bellatrix Black, so thank you very much.

Charlus and Dorea's explanation was...unexpected, to say the least, though it really made a great plot piece. I want to tell them that diabetes can be better controlled to the point of basically being in remission through serious lifestyle changes, but I have to remember we're still in the seventies for this timeline! That's how great this story is!

Now, as I wait for the update, I will go forth and happily update myself on the Draco version! Again, BRAVO!

I'm so glad Petunia and Alex get to improve their lives in ways that suit them and I'm absolutely glad that Vernon Dursley will no longer be a part of her life. The way you introduced him and wrote him off was brilliantly savage because it's so realistic. BRAVO! Now, I'm going to turn around and reread it again now that I know it's not complete yet so I can enjoy everything again.
excessivelyperky chapter 78 . 9/19/2021
Aren't there any contraceptive potions in the Wizarding World?

But yes, a dark, long-term poison seems to be doing a number on Sev's immune system. (I hope he's not allergic to Winter!).

And Walburga is better away from things; I wonder if she could be induced to brag about the poison she gave Severus?
excessivelyperky chapter 77 . 9/12/2021
I like the update on all the major characters. Walburga needs to go live in the Home for the Permanently Bewildered, while Remus *definitely* needs a girlfriend of his own.

And James is really brave to call on the Blacks for Narcissa with Bella in the house.
3,121 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »