Reviews for Being Hermione Granger
Trouble and she knows it chapter 29 . 6/26
This was fucking amazing. Brilliant.
Well, I finished it-and I very much enjoyed it. Amazing job of letting us experience this story through Hermione's very inner thought life & emotional life. I like how Hermione is such a humble person & her humility is what allows her to re-evaluate her priorities at the beginning & keeps her from spiraling endlessly downward into her depression. Her innocence, naiivete and virginity are also very refreshing attributes. I like how she is big-hearted enough to forgive even those who have really deeply hurt her, and I really like how she extends this willingness to overlook imperfection even to herself. All very original and enjoyable.

I still object to her revealing Severus's deep dark secret to Ginny, but Hermione is certainly made to pay for this faux pas & this mistake shows Hermione's immaturity that she is growing out of, as well as the fact that she needs her friend Ginny as an exterior 'touchstone' to bring her out of her very interior experience of life. This breach of privacy also becomes the vehicle which carries all of Hermione and Severus's conflicts and issues, which they are then able to resolve via reasoned decision-making instead of another 200,000 words of dealing w/Snape's ptsd. Neatly done.
Ok, you've lost me with this chapter. This has been a really enjoyable story so far-very engaging, & you've done such a great job of really capturing how a teenage girl would act, and showing Hermione growing into maturity. Problem is, Snape quits her study citing his deep distrust that she will not respect his patient confidentiality. Hermione gets angry and berates him for not trusting her to be professional and keep his confidences. Not 12 hrs later, Hermione is blabbing all to her best girlfriend who never even asked her specifically what her 'big setback' was. Gee-how on earth could Snape ever imagine her to be untrustworthy?

Will continue to read, but, for me, Hermione's character has been rather fatally undermined. i feel like we've fallen down a deep, deep, deep dark well, here-and i'm not sure you can write us out of it.
anyeshabaner chapter 29 . 3/20
omgggggggggggggggggggggg
zaubernuss chapter 29 . 2/18
I really enjoyed reading this story, but I found the ending a litte 'anti-climatic'. After all this heartache and longing I had hoped for at least an epilogue, if not another chapter. It would have rounded an otherwise beautiful and nicely written story.
Mystical G Panther chapter 29 . 1/17
awesome story
Guest chapter 29 . 7/31/2015
This is wonderful. One of the few rare stories that portray Hermione as a real teenage girl. Thank you for writing this!
Jessie Deal chapter 29 . 7/26/2015
Your description of Hermione's crush is so accurate and beautiful. Her obsession with over analysing every little detail is perfectly portrayed. The depth of Severus's problem and his reactions are exactly as I would have supposed them to be. The understatements and the yearning are so well written. Thank you for this lovely story it was a joy to read.
BlueDorid chapter 29 . 7/21/2015
This was such a beautifully written coming of age story disguised as fanfiction! Hermione is brilliant and driven but realistically relatable at the same time - something that is as rare as a lady's slipper orchid in fan characterization of her. The Ginny in this was also one of my favorite Ginnys I've ever read.

Thank you very much for writing.
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 29 . 5/19/2015
GOOD GOD MY HEART ALMOST STOPPED BEATING MULTIPLE TIMES DURING THE COURSE OF THIS STORY. I AM A YOUNG GIRL FULLY HEALTHY AND STILL I ALMOST FUCKING DIED. GOD. DAMN.
Scarlet Azalea chapter 29 . 4/2/2015
It has been six years. I don't suppose we will ever see the actual end of this tale? It has been beautifully told, thus far.
Anon chapter 29 . 3/23/2015
SO. BEAUTIFUL.
Guest chapter 29 . 2/27/2015
That's it?! Arghh!
Arrion chapter 29 . 2/4/2015
I enjoyed a lot your stoy. It's end a litlle bit abruptly maybe, but your characters ares marvelous !
Regin Ash chapter 29 . 11/25/2014
Awesome story. I regret I didn't stumble across it sooner than 2014.
Very cool how you captured all respective characters and their personalities, though I will say (and it isn't criticism) I was surprised at how the Ginny/Harry scene played out. I actually thought Ginny was pregnant and the wedding was because Harry felt responsible for her and the kid. (How wrong I was X'D)
Love Bill and Charlies' reactions in the end, murdering Harry with only their eyes.

I like the ending, I can see how others who have reviewed said that it appeared slightly rushed; but in my opinion, the end scene makes up for it. It gives a clear picture as to how life between Hermione and Severus might/may play out, using your imagination that is.
I'd like to think that they do get together and both prosper from it, both getting as Hermione puts it, what they righteously deserve. Happiness.