Reviews for After the Calm
Ergoemos chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
I like that Nagato has a moment of self-doubt. Underlying, it shows how she reacts to having lived an entire three years, knowing exactly what would happen. When she has to experience something similar, but all too different, in the future, she doesn't have that assurance that her waiting will end. Her hope and crushing realization each cycle hits home. You do an excellent job of characterizing Nagato's exactness, her focus on her assigned tasks.
flairina chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Huh, that was... a surprisingly poignant little blurb; never really thought about how Nagato felt about knowing the future during that time period. I need to read more stuff like this. :)
Themulchmeister chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
A very epic narration of Yuki opening a door. Wdone again!
HaganeJonetsu chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
That was really nicely written. You've captured the character of Nagato really well. Hope to see more from you! :)
ZeronosVega chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I'm always so happy when I find an author who is able to depict Nagato's personality growth from her original, mechanical and unemotional self to a more humanized version of her without making it seem too out-of-character or too stretched in concept. You have a knack for words and I cannot think of anything which needs to be changed in "After the Calm".

I'm looking forward to reading "Before the Storm".
Karg42 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Huh, somehow I never thought of how Yuki would be changed by knowing the future. Now that it's spelled out for me it seems obvious, particularly when Yuki has her odd sentimental thoughts. Change is certain, but now the future is not. What an interesting concept.
Akai-Kurenai chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Ah ha! You're the author of "The Melancholy of Shinigami Ryuk", aren't you? Good story, good story...

Interesting take on Nagato. It's definitely hard to write in her POV (even in third person), so kudos on that.

Keep writing! I'd love to see more Haruhi-related works from you!
MissAkari chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
This look into Nagato's mind was very well-done. You have her character down.

Also, your writing flows smoothly. I like that.
Tabasc0 chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Neat little peek into a head we don't get much insight into. I like.
Arty d'Arc chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Nice little moment. You have Nagato down pat, which is hard to do.
Aster Selene chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Don't trust yourself too much, won't be long before you end up changing the world to fit your whim...

And you know it, right?
Cha-Cha-Cheesecake chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
T_T sniff, so sweet! Nagato is realising how human she truly is...