Reviews for The Failure of Straight Lines
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Very well written. I like the consistent geometric/chess theme and how you used it to define Castle's strategy throughout the first season.
Chrysa Lite chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Have you ever heard the saying, "It's prose, but reads like poetry"? This fic is embodiment of that. It's a wonderful, breathtaking, amazing, insightful fic about Castle and the reasons why he does what he does. I love this fic! Gonna go check out your others now.

sapphiretwin369 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
I loved it. This was excellently written. :)
andy1990 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Just found this,liked it very much. You must have gotten an "A" in an analytical and critical thinking JOB!
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
YAY! This is actually exactly what I wanted. Something that told what Castle did after she left him in that hallway. But with the added WIN of your perusal into his thoughts on Beckett up to that point! Perfection, my dear!
The Last Letter chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Wow. I love how you talk about the straight lines, because, in all honesty, Katherine Beckett doesn't usually use the straight lines. Well, I suppose she does at work. You captured Castle's thoughts and essence perfectly, and your writing style flatters this.

Welcome, my dear, to Caskett.

HermioneGrangerTwin chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Brilliant story. I love the idea that Castle is a castle. It's so true. I love the idea of straight lines and his confusion in that his lines don't work.

"And if running in circles was what it took to achieve Detective Beckett’s forgiveness, then he didn’t care if dizziness became a permanent condition."

I adored this line.

Megan chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
loved it :P (especially liked the chess metaphor...very well written)
silver and rubies chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
I'm very glad that you went ahead with this idea, it's wonderful! they way that you weaved chess into this story was great. I hope that you write more soon.

Oh and welcome to the wonderful world of Castle, it's always great to see new fans.
whatarushh chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
oh, this is really good! all analytical and stuff, very nice :D.
Novi T. Foxtrot chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
I was very impressed with you story. Not just your analyst and portrayal of the characters, but the way you weave the them of curves and straight lines through the story. For not intending to write fanfic, you sure created a wonderful read.
drmcatcher chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hi, hardly loquacious!

I liked how you used chess to describe Castle's approach to life and how different it is from Beckett's approach to her private life. I say private life because professionally, Beckett thinks in straight lines.

One of my favorite lines is when you say "Some people baby-proofed their houses. His apartment was Martha-proofed."

I like this story and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Starbuck0322 chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Two things... first of all WELCOME to Caskett heaven. It's always nice to see a new entry. Always nice to hear a new fan is in our midst!

Second of all... this piece is fantastic. I love the metaphors. I love the inner dialogue. I love the poetic nature of your writing. Please continue with more gems like this one. It will be muchly appreciated. :)
TheWorldOfToast chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Great job on your first story. I hope you keep writing for a long time. I loved the chess metaphor and how Castle-like this story is. I especially like the literally and literally line. I look forward to reading anything else you write in the future. :)
Elisabeth-P chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Your story is fantastic. I loved the chess metaphor. Also, when I read it, I felt that this is really what Castle feels and thinks.

Continues wrinting such nice things! I'll read it!