Reviews for The Last Wand
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
The last sentences are just so perfect. I wonder, though, how Luna learned the string games.
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Wow. This definitely gave me goosebumps. I never stopped to consider what it would have been like for Mr. Ollivander and Luna to be prisoners together in the dungeon of Malfoy Manor until I read this. You did an absolutely brilliant job with it, and it will definitely be going into my favorites. :)
22Moons chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
This was beautiful; I loved the restraint Mr. Ollivander uses when telling their story. It seems very much in character to me, but the story is still very moving and emotional. Thank you!
darrling chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
i love this story. not many stories about ollivander so i complement you on that!
Bagge chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Beautiful. They take comfort in each other and help each other through that dark time. The wand he makes in the end is a fitting symbol for their endurance.
NotaPunk chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I was always curious at what happened in there
MaxManuka chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
AWESOME :). Very comforting to know Luna and Ollivander had each other's company in this dark time :).
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I absolutely adored this one. Incredibly realistic, and a wonderful insight into their captivity together. Thanks for writing!
alds87 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Very nice- I haven't read any of yours for quite some time now, but they are just as good as ever! Lovely treatment of Luna through Ollivander's eyes.
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I really liked this one, but isn't the wand Ollivander made for Luna Draco's first wand, the one Harry wins from him at Malfoy Manor?
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Aw, Luna was really a comfort to Mr. Ollivander. But then again, she's a comfort to everyone; she just has a great personality.
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
This was a beautiful piece, showing his world in the underground, and how she brightened it. I also love that she cried, but only when she was sure he didn't hear, and how he pretended to be asleep to give her privacy.
NellieNotMolly chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
So very beautiful. You illustrate how important human contact is to survival. I believe him when he says "She never wavered in her belief that we had a future."
MBP chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
This is so beautiful. I really don't know how you manage to get into minor characters' heads with such powerfully stunning results. This was a great choice, too. I'd imagine Ollivander and Luna would've developed some relationship in the time they spent together, and you certainly did it justice here. Great job as usual, Katy.
SubtleBubbles chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
That's so cool, I haven't read many stories at all from Ollivander's pov, and it's so...him, I loved it

-GreenPeace49