Reviews for Sunlight on a Broken Column
scienceguy chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Very well done. That ending was a tad unexpected, when Raven returned, I was hoping they would get their happy ending after all. Still, the ending was very well written. Nice work.
Hyralc chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Lucuis's end always makes me cry. *sniff*
Vanechka chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
...I have never approved of slash before...

but this is disparage it just because it is slash will not do justice to this.

i loved this story. absolutely loved it.

this is the first slash fic that is going on to my favourites list.
Loves Ironic Tragedy chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Wow... This was so beautifully writen. I couldn't help but cry. This story was filled with fanciful quotes. One of my favorites was, "As the fire blazes on, two bodies lie together, hand in hand, their peaceful faces an unexpected oasis in the inferno." Beautiful line. Simply lovely. Total success. Tear-jerker. AND it's not out of character.

RawrHappi chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Oh my god! That was so sad! I loved it though, it was amazing
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I'm finally getting around to reading/reviewing this. Ugh. I'll be sure to copy/paste to LJ, of course. I've been waiting for this for a while. The title's amazing, so it promises an amazing 'fic.

Wonderful quote.

["What she remembers of me is naught but a dream. Let her treasure that!"] I think that sums up Priscilla's relationship with Raven very well. He will never go back to being Raymond for her.

[Blasphemous boy! Vulgar child! You are a gift from the hells sent to tempt me!] This whole bit is really sad. You are saying that Lucius, possessing feminine qualities, unintentionally "tempted" men, right? Talk about horrible. Because really, there's no excuse for what they did to him.

["You nag at me like a damned woman."] Ouch, what a...terrible parallel to what I just mentioned above.

["Do not be frightened, child," whispered Lucius over the pounding of his own heart. "An old friend. Just an old friend."] Poor Lucius.

["You're beautiful," he mumbles.] God. Poor Lucius. You make me want to give the guy a big hug, seriously. Their relationship in the "just friends" sense is screwy to begin with. Raven's basically a jackass, and Lucius is way too nice for his own good.

[Even if I am afraid, I cannot run away. For in the end life and death are one. Just as men cannot live without embracing death... If you would know death, then you must first open your heart to life.] I love these lines.

["I do not think anyone wishes to die. It is only that they wish to live, free from pain and suffering."] And these lines, too. Lucius is full of good advice!

[And unrest has plagued quiet Caelin ever since her beloved steward left, almost two years ago now.] Kent, beloved steward. Haha, awesome. But I'll bet he's glad to be gone, eh? :P

[She beamed. "I'm glad you still remember me."] I love how you write Nino, especially as a woman. She's so...different, and yet the same. Still childish, and perhaps a bit selfish, to abandon her sons like that. But she loves Jaffar and can't stand the thought of losing him, of being alone. (And she's not alone, but there was a time when, no doubt, he meant the world to her.)

[It should not come as a surprise when Chad begins to disappear every now and then, always returning with food, or articles of clothing, even the occasional toy - but it is disappointing.] Wonderful job with this. Lucius really can't say anything...not when there is no other way.

[He would learn that the mysterious donations he had received were in fact, as he had suspected, sent by Raven when he had the money to spare.] THAT'S SO SAD. And wonderful.

[These are men who do not know hunger. Because he knows this, Lucius can forgive them.] My favorite line in this story.

[By the next morning, there is nothing left but sunlight bright against ash and bone.] But I like this line too. A wonderful way to finish the story up.

All in all, I think this turned out really well. Lucius is not my favorite, but he's much more interesting than Raven (to me), so I did find this a good read.

Keep up the awesome work and keep writing, please! (You know what 'fic I'm waiting for, haha!)

jordan114725 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Really well written. Raven and Lucius were ell done, good job
Phantom Thief Zel chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Well, you just succeeded in making me cry. ;-;

This was heart-wrenchingly beautiful and so, so sad. You're a spectacular writer! *is jealous*
sindy chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
I am a huge fan of raven and lucius I really enjoy tis fic I love how you made lucius, kinda felt upset for raven ... he ot warried away i guess the ending was perfect really sad what happen to them but chad rei and lugh were wonderfull kids, lucius did a great job with them thank you

btw I own a web page of them ... can I add your fiction to my page? the adreess is in my profile