Reviews for Trial by Fire
Mislav chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
This was a great story. Your attention to details and description of character's feelings was perfectly lined up with your attention to the case. The killer that you introduced was very original and your explanation of his motives was very well thought out. The flashback scene with his father made me shiver. The way investigation was moving seemed natural and exactly like on the show. There were few minor spelling mistakes but other than that grammar and spelling were, too, very good and your sentences were very well put. Although I enjoy case fics from time to time I hoped to read some of the character related bits too. I liked small details that you put into the story, such as mentioning Lily's cat, the way Vera put the box back on the shelf etc, it only made it better and made it feel more like an episode. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories :)
OzQueene chapter 5 . 7/31/2010
I really liked this :) Parts of it were delightfully creepy. A couple of Vera's lines were wonderfully in character, too!

Just a note - I think FFdotnet has removed your paragraph breaks :( It happened to my stories a few months ago and I had to go back and put new ones in.
Sam Waterston Fan chapter 5 . 4/7/2010
I like your writing. It's almost like I am watching an episode.

I thought that maybe Lilly was imagining George but I also thought she was not listening to Stillman.
Hope06 chapter 5 . 4/7/2010
WOW what an ending you fdefintly stay true to the show which is a task but you do it so well and this ending did it justice I really look forward to more stories from you
Hope06 chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
wow love how the case is progressing I can't wait to read more

you know the characters so well! keep up the amazing work
dares to dream chapter 3 . 11/3/2009
Whoa creepy ending to this chapter. Haha. Its looking great so far! Keep up the good work!

dares to dream
Hope06 chapter 3 . 11/1/2009
Oh God Lily why did you not listen, why did you have to be so stubborn!

can't wait for the next chapter
usaprincess242 chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
Wow this story is really good. I'm glad u decided to continue.
Hope06 chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
interesting connection defintly different. looking forward to the next chapter
Hope06 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Can't wait to read more you write so well you should be a writer for the show
usaprincess242 chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
wow this is great. please continue
AM78 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Well I'm interested to see how this turns out. I gotta be honest though, the main thing that has me interested is me wondering if you can pull this off, since all of the Cold Case episodes I've seen involving serial killers have sucked. So I'll be eager to see if you can do better then the actual show.