Reviews for Puzzles and Darts
RainingArrows chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Oh, I really like this one.

I believe that Mello and Near could have been really good friends too but of course with the way they were brought up...well you know

Anyway, nice story and I happen to love both darts and puzzles lol
K-Danuve chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I remember reading this awhile ago...just never left a review. How selfish of me...to enjoy your story and not tell you.

Anyway, I love the idea of Near and Mello being friends too, and I thought you pulled it off really well. It would make sense if not for the competition of being L. The darts were perfect, Mello getting up to show off and near merely letting him. The puzzle piece at the end was almost tear jerking.
xgirtalk chapter 1 . 8/8/2009
Gosh, you writing is so wonderful and senseful and clever. :]

This was sweet and i enjoyed reading it. _

the way you map out the relationship between mello and near is done so well 3 yee

the part with the darts was cute and sweet. gosh, i just adore these two to no end. ~~

i love reading your mello/near fics, please continue to write more because they are so fantastic D
Zchocolatebunniesrulezworld chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Wow, I'm not really sure what to say. 'tis quite in-character, though-*not* OOC-to think they could've been friends if not for Wammy's driving them apart. I mean, put them in a 'normal' orphanage and almost at once a fast, close friendship shall bud! Or, well, there'll be conflict a bit, but at the same time...without L, I can totally see these two as the pair of guys where one is really talkative'n'social (ie Mellokins) but always hangs out with the quiet, reserved dude (ie Nia-chan) and sticks up for him-you know pairs like that, or is it just my imagination?

But yep, 'tis very well-written! Only hints of shonen-ai (aw man...) but, well, that's kinda the point, isn't it? Ha, actually this could be taken as a friendship-fic, too! (see, that's big for *me*, the yaoi-addict, though I guess I'm not the only one!)

Well, a friendship-driven-apart-by-sadistic-adults-hoping-to-spawn-another-L-to-bring-this-world-some-justice-fic (wait, Roger'n'Watari aren't sadists! They just don't completely understand what they're doing to these poor children, though they pretty much do comprehend it, but have to do it for Justice/Peace. Battle-School-esque, huh? Ever read Orson Scott Card's 'Ender' series?). Poor Mellokins/Nia-chan...it's not fair...

Ooh, and I loved the whole working-together thing! If only, if only...maybe Mellokins will see the light? Decide to put aside fourteen years of mental abuse? Work with Nia-chan? I know this is only a oneshot, so I can imagine this happening and be happy! _

keep writing, this is amazing!
LibertyRoll chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Aw, I really like this one - it's quite a lovely mix of friendship and nostalgia.

I like it a lot more than your last one, at least, haha! Speaking of which, if you intend on writing more, I'll read them... but skim the *ahem* certain parts.

But I look forward to more of this stuff. Very well written, my dear. You did your research well... you made the darts sounds almost as if they had personality, which was... bewitching, almost.

I eagerly await more.
Voice of the Shadow Realm chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Awesome work as usual my friend. I can see an almost Mello/Near relationship developing between us also. (Myself filling the role of Mello, though not to his extreme.)

I love your little back piece and indication that perhaps there was a time, when they were both more innocent and ignorant of the importance of rank, that they were friends.

Having Mello trying to help better the smaller boy, like an older sibling, is sweet and that he grows frustrated so swiftly, again likened to siblings, is so totally believable.

And then there's the switch. Of Near guiding Mello's hand. If only he'd accepted that hand when it really mattered, perhaps he'd still be here... sigh.

Oh look, I'm rambling again. Talking to/praising you tends to bring that out more in me.

And *chuckle* the hint to your pervy brain... awesome...

Hugs. xx