Reviews for Valek's Poison Study
EndlessHavoc chapter 24 . 17h
This is a good fanfic. Really like reading from his point of view. Please update!
Fifilablonk chapter 24 . 6/21
Omg I can't believe u left it at that poin can't wait to read from his POV when she drinks MY LOVE Loving this story and can't wait for ur next update so hurry up lol x x also have u read the fourth book shadow study's I didn't even know she had done a new book until I saw it on amazon I like read it in two days how sad is that
Juliana chapter 24 . 6/17
Where can I find the alternative chapter because I can't find your profile?
Juliana chapter 24 . 6/14
This chapter is full of twists and surprises, as is the whole book. I'm glad I found this online book after it was finished (or possibly almost finished).
Katereh chapter 18 . 5/29
This chapter is pretty good, so don't think I'm being harsh, but there are some things you could improve on to make it even better. Firstly, you tend to repeat the same phrases word for word to make it as similar as possible to the book. This technique is usually used by writers to show the perspective of a child, a child's naivety or a lack of understanding, like in 'the Boy in Striped Pyjamas' or 'the Girl With All the Gifts'. As Valek is not a child, the technique is misplaced and somewhat confusing. Try replacing some of the words with synonyms, or changing the sentence order. This will also make it more interesting and varied to read.

I know I sound like an English teacher, but you could really use commas better. I sometimes have to read sentences twice to understand where the emphasis and pauses are supposed to be. Jeez, I really do sound like an English teacher. Not a good thing.

Also, I was pretty sure Criollo WAS chocolate, rather than being similar. Criollo seems to be mildly psychoactive (increase vulnerability of mind to magic), mildly addictive (Ambrose hoards it) and contains theobroma. Chocolate does this exactly. In fact, theobroma is the active ingredient of chocolate, the one that makes you feel good. Furthermore, a quick Google search reveals that 'criollo' is another name for cocoa bean. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would not compare Criollo with chocolate, as I think they may be the same thing.

Sorry for the long and harsh review. But if I told you 'you're wonderful', then you wouldn't improve, and my words would change nothing. Don't take it personally. I think the rest of it is very good.
in paragraph (approx.) 81 you said "... to Brazell's territory in MD-7"
firstly its not his "territory" more of a district coz territory is the whole of Ixia, hence the territory of ixia thing.
secondly, MD5 is brazell's district not MD7(rassmussen)
I'm sorry for the really tiny and petty criticism but i'm a die-hard fan of poison study so.. yeah i'm prone to things like that :/
taz chapter 24 . 4/27
please continue writing this one as i want to know what happens at the end of this as i have read the poison study series and i want to finish reading valeks point of view x
Sunlightbird chapter 24 . 4/21
I really enjoyed reading this, I hope you get 400 reviews (If you haven't already!) It is great to find people who can write in detail, not be rude and writing fan-fiction on a book that I like. Hope you continue to post :D
salamander27 chapter 3 . 3/7
This is excellent work
Katx chapter 24 . 1/9
Hello, are you adding more to these chapters? It is going too well to stop now :)
"leapt in front of a bullet to save Yelena's life" - technically he can't to that coz in Ixia they didn't have bullets
LivingALittle chapter 24 . 12/30/2014
This is so good. I always was curious about how and when Valek fell in love with Yelena. But why on Earth did you stop right at the start of where the books starts picking up. That was cruel.
CrimsonQueen24 chapter 24 . 12/29/2014
This is a great rendition of Poison Study in Valek's pov! I'm really enjoying seeing the plot through his eyes.

Although sometimes I think he maybe a bit too concerned with Yelena. I know he loves her, but to be so focused on her is a bit OC in my opinion. The way Valek is portrayed in the books makes me think he values Yelena, but that his first priority would be the Commander.
The way you portray him it's almost like he only wants to protect Yelena. I would suggest easing up on the angry thoughts about anyone wanting to hurt Yelena. Valek seems to have more control over his emotions than blindly wanting to hurt anyone that harms Yelena.

In reality though, my criticism is minor. Valek may seem to be slightly out of character to me, however that in no way affects the plot. It still fits into the original Poison Study and overall it doesn't make the writing bad at all. I'm loving reading this story. I hope you update soon! Just to let you know, my opinion is still my opinion and you don't need to follow my advice if you don't deem it necessary for the story. My intent was just to be constructive :)
Katx chapter 24 . 12/26/2014
Oh my gosh! I just read 'Poison Study', and I always wondered what Valek's point of view was. These chapters are awesome! Please continue them, I am really excited to read the rest :):)
a person chapter 18 . 11/24/2014
me again,
to help with you confusion of the seasons i think it goes like this
spring warming season
summer hot season
autumn/fall cooling season
winter cold season
however I heard that there were five seasons but that's just how I put it