Reviews for But That Was When I Ruled the World
bibliophilea chapter 4 . 1/29
Beautiful.
bibliophilea chapter 1 . 1/29
Ever since the sound of drums became something associated with the Master, that one line in "Viva la Vida" always made me think of the Master. The rest of the song has a way of fitting him, as well. This is the best "Viva la Vida" sing fic with the Master I've read.
bibliophilea chapter 3 . 1/29
I love how you wove the lyrics into the dialogue at the end of this one.
Seta Kaita chapter 4 . 10/5/2013
really captivating fic, especially with the respective songs playing in the background. made me very thoughtful, wondering about the difference of getting what you want or getting what you need. definitely loved the fic. great job!
To the TARDIS chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
AWESOME (finished doctor series 3 (10 is epic) yesterday)
greieve chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
This story was wonderful. I love how you incorporated the lyrics into the story, and they actually fit in quite well. Anyway, I thought this was a really good idea, and I love seeing what's beneath the hard surface of the Master. Koschei will always be in there somewhere, buried deep down under hurt and lies, but he's there. It was such a cute story, I liked it a lot.
Elphaniss chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
My two favourite things in world rolled into one, thank you! I enjoyed reading this, it made me feel all warm on the inside :)
Jack's Shadow chapter 4 . 5/1/2012
Coldplay is a weirdly excellent choice for Who songfic.

As it is, I loved this. Koschei, as he is best called, is wonderful in all his madness and brokenness. I'm glad you discussed the reason they are calling him Koschei, as my initial reaction was that this man and the young Time Lord are not remotely similar.
Ravenpan chapter 4 . 11/10/2011
oh.

*lovely*

This whole story is so brokenly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Ravenpan chapter 3 . 11/10/2011
*wibble* I want to hug them both somuch right now.
Ravenpan chapter 2 . 11/10/2011
heartbreaking and precious!
Ravenpan chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
*beautiful*
Stina Whatever chapter 4 . 3/18/2011
great story
Indigo1100 chapter 2 . 3/13/2011
I need to reread this properly and review it properly some later, but for now- you have such a gift for lines, and for people!

What happens when the Master encounters Jack, this version of Jack's deaths, the why of it, the idea of the Doctor integral to the Master in his mind and how that got twisted...

And lines- the ones about the Doctor grateful to Jack, 'unfortunate immortal', and "He is good with cosmic responsibility but has again and again failed at personal responsibility" sums so much up so perfectly.

And then you have a way of making 'side things' that are perfect explanations of things, in my opinion, like the answer here for where "Koshei" and "Theta" came from.

'Some' later will probably be the 'a lot' kind, and I'm sorry, but

Thanks!
Asgardian Honor Society chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
Absolut resplendence. My eyes well and glint with unshed tears of sorrow and hope. Sadness at the loss off Koschei's once fully brilliant, magnifique mind, and hope that perhaps Theta will succeed in invoking his chosen title as fixer of the broken and restore Koschei to his former sound state, thus restoring his full capacity to love Theta like they both so very much deserve.