Reviews for Mark
Tinochka chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
OMG. It was soooooo touching. My eyes filled with tears, honestly.

Million of thanks for writing it)
Swallow B chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
The perfect story to celebrate Minerva's 85th birthday. I knew I'd find it if I looked in the right place.

Minerva, goddess of war and of wisdom. Sometimes I wondered how these two fit together. This helps to understand a little.

"The war that was going to make the wizarding world safe for good." Yes, we've had too many of those.

"Doubts whether their sacrifices will have meaning to anyone except to those who love them." Very perceptive.

Minerva's life, in a nutshell, with no unnecessary frills. She was a fighter, but not by choice.

What a beautiful tribute.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
The hairs went up on the back of my neck-and then _all over_-at these recollections of a veteran. Back-story, indeed: there's a whole volume of history in this, and the evolution of a fighter from young recruit to veteran to senior officer.

Deep history always gives me a shiver, and you do it so well.
Devilish Twinz chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Your story is well written and I like how Minerva reflects on her time and realizes some battles are worth fighting
Dame Arcane chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
... fuck i'm crying now.
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I loved that scene and I absolutely agree that there's more to it! Good idea!

THX

God bless you!

Thara
Chemistress chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Very convincing! I doubt the script-writers would have been able to come up with such a thoughtful reason for their idea as you have...
C.Rara chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
that was heartbreaking. but magnificently written.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
So sorry to not have reveiwed here sooner - you know I had the privilege of seeing this tale a few days ago and I told you then how much I loved it - but wanted that praise to appear here as well...

"She had been very young them"... One of the purest lines I've read in quite a while. There is really nothing more to be said after that, is there...

The line about the blood of her comrades stiffening her robes was chilling and brutally honest. So many authors in fan fiction choose to write pretty little stories - quite charming but not honest.

You and I have talked many times about the tidy little ending that JK gave her tale and how it left us empty because it wasn't real... I think that's what I always love about your writing - it is always and absolutely REAL... no fuss, no muss, and spot on - just like Minerva. I can think of no greater praise to give.
LisaT chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Thanks for this fleshing out of one of my favourite moments of the HBP movie. Some of my friends found it a WTF moment, but I loved it for the very reason you have outlined - the amount of silent emotion that shows on Maggie/McGonagall's face in those few seconds before she raises her wand. I like it too because although I can see the canonical base for making Minerva fluttery (although I'd call it 'flustery' myself) that moment is a lovely character moment that they can build on for DH2. As, in fact, is that rather gorgeous moment towards the start of the movie when MM is almost-but-not-quite having FAR too much fun taking the wind out of Harry and Ron's little sails, and her affection for them is clear at that moment - also necessary for aspects of DH2.

Whoops, my review is going to be nearly as long as your story at this rate, but - thanks again.
aptasi chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Ah, poor Minerva. What a very angsty fic. I like your choice of scene and imagery.