Reviews for A Matter of Motive
Hazmatt chapter 4 . 10/30
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it! I'm glad everything worked out! They are so cute together!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/28/2014
Fuck you martha. Ungrateful bitch
TheGreekGods chapter 4 . 1/11/2014
Loved the story! Especially the ending! You've got to love Castle and Beckett together, both professionally and romantically, their personalities and mannerisms both contradict each other and fit together so beautifully! Anyway, enough with the rambling. Great story again :)
Kris Morene chapter 4 . 8/15/2013
This was a wonderful story. I really enjoyed reading it, and your characterization was spot-on!
RGoodfellow64 chapter 4 . 1/12/2013
Someone marked a story of mine as a favorite and I like to see what other stories they marked. I am so glad I did as I'd never seen this story before and it was just a perfect gem. I only started reading FF in the Fall of 2010 so I never saw your story before today. It was sweet, emotional, it had the drama and the expectations that make for a really good story, and your way of writing their dialog was so good I constantly pictured Nathan and Stana speaking those lines. I only wish that AM read your story and decided to go with it rather than the way Season 2 ended up.

Thank you for writing it!
Mark C chapter 4 . 3/30/2011
This was a great story.

Kate's reaction to Castle digging into her mother's murder was totally understandable and I enjoyed how you laid that out. I also liked that when she had time to think as well as talk to Lanie that she may have been a bit hard on Castle and that his intentions were pure.

When she went to see him, that was probably the start of where their relationship was about to change. Kate needed to hear why Castle did what he did and I think she was surprised at his answer.

The two meals she shared with Rick and his family got Kate to see a different side of the man. Plus it made Kate see something that she was missing.

The final chapter brought everything together. It was nice to see Kate forgive Rick. The best part was their two kisses because it appears that they can move beyond friendship to something more.

The ending was great especially reactions of Ryan, Esposito and Lanie at the crime scene when Castle showed up after Beckett.

Excellent job.
kelly chapter 4 . 3/26/2011
THIS IS SO GOOD! Loved how you managed to keep Kate and Rick pretty much in character. So fun to read!
Alexis Dawn chapter 4 . 3/11/2011
I loved this!
maisma51 chapter 4 . 1/30/2011
Wow! I just recently started reading Castle stories, but this one is definitely my favorite so far. It was so detailed, well written, and in character. I absolutely loved it! Thanks for writing :)
Danidannidanny chapter 3 . 1/12/2011
I LOVE the banter in this chapter. It was perfect! I cracked up so many times!
duskbutterfly chapter 4 . 10/30/2010
I know I'm over a year later to the party but i love it.

Awesome characterisations, a lot of imagination & delicate handling.

Oh and you did good with your first romance scene, a lot better than most people ever achieve ;-)
KG86 chapter 4 . 10/15/2010
Yay! I'm inordinately happy after reading this story...dunno why :D
Overpressure chapter 4 . 10/5/2010
Absolutely excellent story. I really like how you resolved Castle's betrayal of Beckett. It was a brilliant idea to have Beckett delve into Castle's motive just like a detective would.

The only bad part was that you mentioned Gulab Jamun and I cannot find any good ones where I live now!
Mynerva24 chapter 4 . 9/4/2010
Hello, I'm new to Castle fandom, and haven't really watched much of the epi, but this is a really one good fiction!

I have to say that everything you did (minus the grammar, maybe, cz English's not my 1st language, hence I'm in no position to comment on it), you did well, and it just fell into place.

In ch. 1 you set the mood enough to let the reader know just how serious is the problem and how confused the main characters are. Then, you provide excellent view of how both Beckett and Castle as well as people surrounding the felt about the whole ordeal! Lanie is being just that wise ME i recognize from the show, and so is the captain. And then, the closure part, when Rick tell Kate the reason why he did it, is just marvellous!

Ch. 2 was pretty intense and emotional, what with Rick being that serious and honest with his explanation. I was grinning like idiot when Kate asked for a hug! LOL! I also love how you portrait Martha and Alexis in here.

Ch.3 was fun! You designed the bet to show the obvious happiness of Castle to have Beckett believe him, but also maintain it so that we can see the sweet part of it. The little teenage life thrown into the story was also great, since you make the character alive, and reminds the reader, that even though this is a fiction, this might actually happen in real life. :)

Then, of course, you just have to make a fabulous ending! Ch. 4 is really a brilliant end for a brilliant story. Not so much mushy and fluff, but enough romance, seriousness, and cuteness. The way Kate finally realized what Castle did meant, happened very naturally and endearing. And again, the hugs part is also done very well! I can just see how confused Castle upon that request but also happy. Hell, I AM happy! LOL! I absolutely adore the way you write Martha and Alexis as this conspiring grams-granddaughter. Nosy, but because they care. :) And the ending at the scene! LMAO! Ryan and Esposito are just too cute, asking Kate about calling Castle, and l and behold the man in question appeared! And Lanie... I don't even know what to say. But, what make me the happiest, is the kiss, and that they are finally together. *sigh* If only this happened at the series... :)

Bottom line: Superb writing! ov
Elysion1879 chapter 4 . 9/1/2010
I really loved the banter, especially with Ryan and Esposito at the end.