Reviews for Resurrecting Annie
finstermunker chapter 17 . 8/20
I read this story in one sitting. I found it at 3 am opened the tab up and left it for me the next morning. 4 hours later I was reading through the opening chapter uncertainly. I have an immediate distrust of AU's, but this was the story that broke the mold smashed the pieces then launched them into the damn sun. It was a brilliant smashing example of story crafting and the way you tucked this whole universe into the original stories, expanding and adding, developing characters in your own way rather left me embarissingly invested. I wish I could shake your hand for writing for no profit and in your free time something better than a goodly portion of published works people pay money for.
I wish I had your eloquence to discribe how crushed I was upon reading at the beginning of chapter 17 of 17 that you had changed your mind, that chapter 17 would not be the conclusion.
This story has been the curve breaker of my fanfiction experience. I took a look through stories that I had previously considered to be excellent and found myself feeling rather bored at the prospect of reading them again. Because after reading something like this reading something else could only end in disappointment.
Putting a stop to my rambling this was a case study in crafting moving characters and audience consuming drama and the singular criticism I have is that it is unfinished. I hope you still occasionally wander by these old stories and take the time someday to finish this one. Thank you for what you did give us and I sincerely wish you the best
Your adoring public.
Forever Day chapter 17 . 2/14
This is so...weird? Idk how to describe it but I'm kinda traumatised.
Okay, so I came from Short Circuits (which I love btw) and wow I did not know that you did dark like this. Bcuz wow I am so creeped out right now. I mean, I'm all for a bit of AF the 1st bashing, but now you've got him cutting off his son's hand and, you know, just in general not winning the World's Best Father award and taking it further than I've ever seen before.
I don't really know how to review. Major props for the creeps you've given me, but I just want to know how it ends. Like, even if you're never planning on finishing it, please just hmu with whether or not Annie is alive.

Now I've got to go to sleep somehow.

(Also, only about 4 years too late, but congrats on your A Levels/uni stuff/probs graduation by now. It's nice to find someone in the same country as you )
Guest chapter 17 . 12/31/2015
This is absolutely killing me.
Please update. Just one chapter.
PLEASE! *cries*
I've been following this story from the beginning and it breaks my heart to see a story so phenomenal collecting dust.
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson chapter 17 . 12/13/2015
UPDATE. PLEASE. PLEEEEEAAAAASE. I know it's been two years but this is a fantastic story and well worth picking up again to finish. This is one of the best AF fics I've read, and it's such a shame to see it left just before the end. Pleas update.
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson chapter 3 . 12/11/2015
Am I the only one who got the Touched By An Angel/Roma Downey reference? Because it was beautiful, and very Colfer-esque.
Holly-Rose Fowl-Casson chapter 6 . 12/11/2015
Just wanted to say, you got the father-child abuse talk spot-on. Got me feelin' some emotions (anger). Good job.
PrincessFreakinCastiel chapter 17 . 9/23/2015
ARE YOU KIDDING? DX

Noooooooooooo!

This is one of my favorite fanfictions of all time and I thought it would be finished by now but apparently not. :,(

I LOVE this story. And if I didn't love Eoin Colfer's original writings so much I would almost wish it was canon.

You are very talented, and you have a way of hooking a reader with just a few short sentences, and I am impressed by the research you put into every detail. It makes you unique. Thanks for being such an awesome author to read from! I honestly will be on pins and needles until this thing is finished.

I admire your drive to actually finish a good story, too! From the author's notes I read in these chapters you seemed very dedicated. A few years ago I attempted to be a good fanfiction author but pretty much abandoned my story because life got busy and I just didn't feel I had the time or the energy...

But I see that you haven't updated in a while. PLEASE DO! I think we're all dying...

PLEASE UPDATE SOON OR ELSE I'LL DIE!

But don't screw up your college life for it. That's important too. Lol.

Much love! Xoxo
Boredom-ensues chapter 17 . 8/28/2015
Why did this end?! I loved it. It needs to continue! It was dark with bits of happiness. I'm sad that it hasn't been updated in two years :(. I loved that it showed the dark side of the Fowl family, considering they are a criminal family. The flash backs to Artemis's past were amazingly thought out. Angeline still pisses me off, because she seems like such a push over and won't stand up to her husband. But then you make her sound like she was a total badass when she was a teenager...It was amazing. If the story isn't over, please continue with it.
Roueru chapter 17 . 7/27/2015
I see that it's been well over two years since this last updated, but I thought I might as well drop in at any rate.
This is a really interesting premise, and something about how you write it really manages to give off a chilling aesthetic. Great job on it.
Guest chapter 17 . 10/1/2014
This is such a good story. 'Good' doesn't even do it justice. But it's been way over a year now since your last update. Are you ever going to finish it?
Aronim chapter 4 . 5/30/2014
First, I think this is a really interesting fic. Because, for a family running a criminal empire, the Fowls seem very clean in the books and exploring a past that must, logically, have been really, really dark is a good idea. You do not make or maintain a criminal empire by being squeamish, though being quite so in the thick of torture and murder might not be necessary for all crime bosses.

This fic seems to be missing an AU tag, considering the fact that it is quite thoroughly established in the books that Artemis never had friends outside Butler, (and then, only sorta in the first book) not until he got fairy friends. And Tuley seems like a friend, if the kind you are wary about and never turn your back on. Not to mention Annie, who he clearly remembers here. She seems like both a friend and someone he grew to respect, which contradicts canon. For that, I think AU is necessary.
TheTimeProject chapter 17 . 5/6/2014
How could such an amazing story be left like this? I need to know the end of this!
nell chapter 17 . 5/2/2014
Ahh I've missed this story. So good. But how does it end?
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
hey is this ever going to be finished? because it's really amazing
Falling Ice chapter 17 . 3/8/2014
I...Love this story.
I couldn't stop reading. I usually don't concentrate this much when I'm reading fanfiction, but this one I did.
Your writing skills are amazing :)