Reviews for A Chockawhat?
TitleContreven chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
What's this? TitleContreven's doing a review of a one-shot?

Well, yeah. But unlike the rest of mine, this one will be graciously shorter. One-shot reviews are, after all, meant to be strings of praise, are they not? :D

It is, indeed, as your opening comment says: the Belstone caravan is quite ridiculous. I liked Kronan's excuse for not cooking, and how Esther, who seems like she's more intelligent than Kronan, is actually interested in something as silly as one of his stories. I especially love the witty humor that is applied throughout the story: while it makes this a fun and enjoyable read, it also adds to the realistic view that caravan members will eventually get sick of seeing each other (since they're together all the time), and get a little vindictive in their interactions with one another. Tag's meal choice for his fellow members, of course, sealed the deal for me.

I can't say that I've played the Chocobo series, but I have seen pictures from the game. I'm assuming that Kronan's edits were a shout-out to that series, then?

Since I'm already reviewing this (and the review feels so SHORT to me!), I'd like to mention that this one-shot has personally inspired me to somehow include chocobos into Crystal Laguna. That is to say, I was going to do it anyway, but I hadn't really given it thought until I read this. I already have an idea of how I'll do it, too... ;)

Overall, I liked this one-shot. It's short, sweet, to the point, and of course, witty in its execution. Good job with this.

~ TitleContreven
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Cute! I loved the interactions between the three, particularly Tag's vindictiveness and love bite. Too bad they didn't encounter the artifact (or equipped item, I can't remember which) Chocobo Shield. I think that would be a very nice moment of vindication for Esther and Kronan.

A good job as always! You never disappoint :D