Reviews for Deliverance
whitealmond chapter 1 . 5/3
There is not one story of yours that I've read that I have not enjoyed, that is not in some way profound or poetic or lovely; such is the case with this one.
jessi chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Great story, I really liked it!
Electricboa chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I found this rather interesting, and kudos for picking such an apt middle name for Holly. Artemis just can't seem to escape being constantly mind-wiped, though, poor thing.
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
This is a lovely story. I love how you incorporated both the tale of Ys and the myth of Callisto and adapted them to your own purposes. They give the story extra depth and bring in an extra bit of magic, which is really delightful. I enjoyed the dialogue very much – as always it's one of your strong suits – and the banter about the devotees was especially a favourite; I laughed aloud when I got to that part. And the happy ending... ah! Just what I needed tonight. Thank you!
silverphoenix chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I really like all the Greek myths and other allusions you put in your stories. You make them work so well in the plot and your characterization of Holly and Artemis are perfect.
abcdefg8EN chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
great story. ever though it was exactly action-packed, the banter made up for it. keep writing. i'm SO favouriting you.

your 'seen in a certain light' is my favourite story, like, EVER. :)

oh, and ignore thomasmoore - he probably wrote that review with his left foot sitting in a pile of dog crap. like all the stuff he writes.
angel-flash chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Wow, love your writing (:

The beginning was wonderful with the frequent changes of scenes and the pacing was great, at the end it slowed down but I can see how it's hard to continue the type of scene changes because of the plot..

Yay, thanks for the story!
TheQuixoticKid86 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009

That was so cute! And kind of sad, too.

But I liked it.
Clewilan chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Obviously the most insteresting story I've ever read about Ys ! I live in Brittany myself, so I was very curious reading your summary, but, truly, you did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for this creative story :D

avatarmirai chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Astonishingly complex for such a short story. I really love your writing style as well; even when you jump the timeline, it flows very smoothly. Awesome, awesome job!
TheWorldSmith chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I agree with Kit. Down with ThomasMoore! (akward silence followed by me clearing my throat) Anywyas...This a good story. I'm glad you established the relationship with Artemis and Holly without at five thousand word makeout setion. Overal this is wonderful. Well, as wonderful as it can get without much action but that's just me! :). Your writiing style is good and I can't believe I haven't read your stories before. Expect more of my reviews soon.

-Spade out!
Liris chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Aw, I like. Why are you not on my author alert? Changing that right now...
je m'appelle chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Wow, I really loved this story. It was really sweet and I loved every word of it.
Amberle Elessedil chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Oh, gorgeous. Just...beautiful. The start was almost poetry and I love your use of myths here. And I'm pretty sure this reason for a second mindwipe of Artemis has never been used before, so points for originality too. The very last line was less moving than in most of your work (I have a weakness for end end of 'Calypso Bulbosa' and 'A Family Tradition' for example) but I like the sense of something just starting, the idea that this is the end of the story for us but just the beginning for them.

Keep writing!
ilex-ferox chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Goodness, that was quick. I love the way that you layered this with so much meaning beneath the, apparently simple, narrative. 'And then she smiled at him again, as though his disdain were a gift and a joy,' is just one, wonderful, example. Your use of myth is so effective, reminds me of C.S. Lewis' The Allegory of Love. Wonderful!

(I've decided, on no valid grounds, that betas can review completed work.)