Reviews for Midsummer's Day
JustAShimmer chapter 2 . 12/17/2010
Awww, both stories are really sweet :)

I think you may prefer Lyra's better because it is more optimistic, but I like both equally

Well done
InkWeaverabc chapter 2 . 12/4/2010
Yeah, I prefer Lyra's version. but they are both good, and both sad and sweet. I liked the part with the girl and her ball, but I didn't quite understand the end, though.
InkWeaverabc chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
*sniff sniff* stories about Will and Lyra always make me so sad! this is really good. I like it, especially (for some unfathomable reason) the bit about the raindrops and the puddles.
life.my chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
Wow. That last line just completely blew my mind. It really got me thinking about just everything regarding that promise they made, and just how promises in general can be tweaked and abused like that. I really enjoyed this, both Lyra's and Will's parts really represented who they were, and how their personalities would deal with something like what they went through. Awesome job :)
Runaway Memories chapter 2 . 5/21/2010
This is a really nice two-shot. I like Lyra's version better, it just seems to flow more easily. Either way, I like this fic. :)
methehuman chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
Really good - I think you understood Lyra's character really well, and I absolutely loved the story from her point of view. I also enjoyed Will's, though I think perhaps he sounded a bit bitter (but like you said, he's human... I'd be bloody bitter, if it were me) but the ending was really strong.

Great reading, anyways :)
Launian chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
Well, you say you like Lyra's better, but I gotta say I just love them both. It's a great work, really. I just finishing reading the series for like 10th time, and was thinking about writing a fic myself, but I just can't stand the ending for both of them ~cries~, and if I tried to make them end up together, I'd start thinking it was not HDM.

Anyways, great story, seriously. I'm just sad there's no more LyraxWill in here. I guess I'll have to find them on the net ~smile~

Laun~
Magnumus chapter 2 . 9/26/2009
Can't get over how bittersweet the ending is. How one can hope that they reunite in Book of Dust eh?

Great fic anyway, enjoyed reading (:
Anon chapter 2 . 9/26/2009
I'm no good at reviewing so I'll just nitpick: Will's daemon is Kir/Kirjava. Kaisa was some witch's daemon.
Ali OMalley Cat chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Excellent! very well written, cant wait for the next chapter.
mrneb chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
This is definitely one of the better 'Midsummer' stories out there; bittersweet yet not too maudlin. I'm glad you didn't write a Lyra/Will reunion, as I think these stories go against the whole point of the ending of HDM. Can't wait for Will's POV.
TheSillyFrog chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
what a beautifully written story! It made me feel so sad for Lyra! you did a very good job of keeping them in character. I can see Lyra being like that in the years after the Amber Spyglass. anyways great story!
BlueMoonOnTheRise chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
That was really lovely :) Captured how I imagine Lyra would be every year on the bench...heartbroken, yes, but not weepy. I like how you write her and Pan. Nice work. :D x