Reviews for Kill Me
Girl-of-Geekery chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
WOW!

This was an amazing read - I love it. :)
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Sequal?

Thnx for the read
zekeschance chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
This one brought tears to my eyes. Oh that was a sad time for those boys.
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Did I really never review this story? I guess I'm glad I did't because now I want to ask: there is a sequel, right?

CB
snlover10 chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Aw.. poor Sammy. Bobby and Dean are awesome as usual! Good writing, thanks!
Vas Happenin 1D13 chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
aw dean always seem so tough then bam!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Wonderful! I can see this moment happening in the opening of Season 5, Sam's realization of what he's done, the guilt, the trauma, the shock, it's all here. I love that you have him interacting with Bobby, having him confess his fears to him. It's moving and I love that Bobby plays the strong father figure, giving the tough love Sam needs. I TOTALLY love that Dean enters at the end to provide comfort.

Fav. Parts:

“Why?” Bobby called out walking towards the kid. “Why do you want me to kill you?” He was stalling, terrified that if he just let Sam go this time, they’d find his body later. He still held grief and guilt about what happened between him and Sam after Dean died and was determined to hold more tightly this time.

“Bobby…” Sam just sounded exhausted now but Bobby couldn’t let him off the hook, all the time hoping Dean would make an appearance. He could certainly use some backup on this one.

“No, Sam, you want me to kill you – I want to know why.”

“Because Dean won’t.” It was said so simply, so matter of factly, for a moment the older man couldn’t say anything.

-LOVELY!

“You don’t understand,” the kid exhaled the words out, “the things I did-” he shook his head sadly. “I thought I was doing the right thing. And look how well that turned out. I’m dangerous, Bobby, dangerous. And we have no idea just how much worse it could get. I broke the last seal. Just like I was supposed to do… Everything I did to try and change Azazel’s plan didn’t mean shit squat in the end. Well, what if there’s more to his plans? Ruby said Lucifer would reward me. I don’t want a reward. And I damn well know that whatever the hell it might be isn’t going to be anything any of us want – so you need to cut our losses. Kill me, Bobby. I’m too much a coward to do it myself.”

“Coward?” Dean’s words of almost a week ago fell from his lips. “You’re many things, kid, but a coward isn’t one of them.” Bobby didn’t fail to notice the irony.

“Everything I thought was the right thing to do turned out to be wrong,” Sam continued on ignoring the older hunter’s words. Damn, he was being way too reasonable about this. “I can’t even trust myself anymore to pick out what I want for lunch. Dean can’t trust me – my instincts are crap. What good am I? I’m a liability. Hell, I’m Old Yeller. Got a nasty case of rabies while trying to protect someone I love. And it didn’t turn out too good for the dog now did it? It has to be done, Bobby, and I don’t trust anyone else to do it. It’s either you or the angels but I need to be put down. Now.”

-WONDERFUL Sam angst! I love Sam angst!

Bobby hesitated a moment but when he saw Dean’s eyes soften at the fleeting flash of panic on Sam’s pale face, he was sure they’d be okay. And when he heard Dean starting to talk, he knew it.

“Sammy…”

- GREAT way to end. You know that things will be okay when Dean says Sammy.

Great story! I enjoyed it!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
This was a very realistic possible start to season 5. I think Sam might feel that way too. Gotta say, The last line is something we definitely need to hear. Loved this. Thanks for sharing.
kissmewinchester chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
I enjoyed this tage greatly, one of my favorites actually. It was touching and I could see this happening.

Will there be more? I want more!
AJ Wesley chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Oh,Phx! What a great tag. I felt so bad for Sam, wanting Bobby to kill him, having already asked Dean. That he compares himself to Old Yeller was inspired. And I love Bobby throwing his logic back at him. But Dean coming out to talk with Sam was just awesome. No matter how mad the boys get with each other, the love is always there. You showed that perfectly. Thank you so much for this!

AJ
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I have enjoyed reading the different tags to this episode.

I imagine Sam will feel lost and depressed after what has happened from following Ruby and freeing Lucifer, just as Dean will try to deal with the fact that he was lied to by the angels.

I'm glad you ended your story with Dean showing up and overhearing what Sam had to say. The way it just faded to black as we imagined what Dean would say to his little brother was perfect.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Excellently written tag to 'Lucifer Rising', and ringing very true to character all around. I admit that I was a bit taken aback by Bobby's first lack of reaction to Sam's request but the old hunter more than made up for it in the following conversation, which was made of a.w.e.s.o.m.e!

I can very well feel Bobby's fear at later finding Sam's body if he had let him go in that moment. With that sentence alone you had my heart in a vice grip. And Bobby then spinning the words right around in Sam's mouth to convince him of his not-so-thoroughly-thought-through idea with wanting to be killed before the angels got their chance at smiting him, a very real fear if you ask me.

This fic once again told me how much Bobby cares about the boys, both of them. Thank you for writing this gem!
TraSan chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I think Sam's going to be craving redemption on one hand and that leaves suicide out. His preferred method is going out in a blaze of glory (or less than glorious) in a reckless move during a hunt (IE: all the drunken, reckless Sammy when Dean was gone). However, he can't, he won't risk Dean getting hurt or killed in the cross-fire so that leaves getting someone to do the job for him.

Time has proven Dean won't do it and the only other person he trusts is Bobby. Funny, although Sam is feeling unsure of himself, doesn't trust his own judgement, he still trusts his intellect and logic (two pitfalls of his) and it isn't until Bobby twists Sam's already tortuous logic back on him that he pauses.

Yet, true to Winchester form it is Dean that busts Sam. Dean who intervenes for his little bro and I hope, that eventually gets through to him.

I also really liked Bobby's thoughts about hanging on tighter to Sam this time. We all know that wiley boy has escaped even Dean's watchful eye before, and I think Bobby was hurting too much to do the job Dean had asked him to do. Yet, it is totally believable and in light of the family speech he gave Dean in Lucifer Rising, even probably, that he feels some residual guilt as well.

Okay, so now I've come full circle and I feel bad for Dean. The one thing he asked Bobby to do was watch Sam, the one thing he asked Sam to do was remember what Dad (and he) had taught him. He came back to a mess and he still doubts his place? Oy. Sometimes I alternately want to smack those two upside the head or hug them. Maybe they need both.

Great job, Phx. You certainly got my mind thinking and that's what tags are for. Showing us what we didn't get to see, maybe consider things we hadn't before, and when we're really lucky - restore some of the magic.

Nice prestidigitation. :)

TraSan
Red Hardy chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
AWESOME tag! And I have no problem at all believing Sam would ask Bobby to kill him. ;-)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
"Sammy..." There you go. It'll be okay. It won't be easy, but it'll ultimately be okay.

Very good! :)