Reviews for Harry Potter: My Life Is My Own
JPElles chapter 26 . 1/3/2018
Interesting read. Happy new year.
alice22 chapter 26 . 1/3/2018
Just discovered the story the other day and really enjoy the fic so far.
AerynS chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
Really, really good chapter. Can't wait for the next.
tcl7189 chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
Awesome chapter!
SSSra chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
good to see this story updated cannot wait to see what happens next
LBII chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
Real good story. I am sorry you have to put the story on hold for now, but as we all know "stuff happens." Thank you sharing your time, talents and imagination with us readers.
Mike chapter 3 . 1/1/2018
enjoying your story and glad that you're back... but I feel like harry was unreasonably aggressive and assertive with the goblins right off the bat - it kinda came out of nowhere considering his lack of knowledge or experience with goblins.

If you added a sentence of Clark the librarian warning Harry not to be intimidated and to be direct and assertive with the Goblins then this bit at the bank would feel more natural.

Just my 2 cents.

LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
I really like what you've done to the place...except for the paisley curtains: I hate paisley!;)
I'm especially happy with your 'treatment' of Dimbulbdork: He holds the delusion of always knowing what's best for everyone and every situation; even when he's *proven* wrong, he demonstrates a frightening ability to downplay, dismiss, or ignore his own culpability and either move on to the next part of his 'plan' or formulate a new path/plan to reach *his* goals and screw anyone or everyone else's plans for their lives! Megalomaniacal tendencies while hoping to leave a 'God-like' legacy, eh? At least you're showing him for what he is and *not* leaning towards the twisted testament, bequeathed to us by Rowling; that of the 'Martyred Hero' garbage. Ya know I read about that ending (couldn't stand to read the last book, myself; I practically threw the 6th [borrowed] book across the room, when I read that she was still preaching the same derivative dreck from the previous 5, so why would I waste my time after that? It took me YEARS to bring myself to even bother with HPff, but after finding a few writers who weren't *enslaved* to the 'Great goddess Rowling', saw 'behind the curtain', and were willing and able shoot those sacred cows straight through the plot chasms-much to my great relief and delight-I fell in love with it and now I'm hooked!) and thought to myself, 'Wow, this chick just took a page out of Orwell's "1984" and demonstrated 'Newspeak'; how the hell does she expect intelligent people to buy the manure she's shoveling!?' But she and Bloomsbury weren't 'selling' to intelligent, well-read adults; they were pandering to magic loving *children*, who don't know any better, which is worse!
Anyhoo, I was kind of hope you might be going to rehab Severus; what with all the 'compulsions' you've kindly discovered on him... That's the main reason I despise these books and why I'm not averse to reading stories that feature redeemed Sev and even Riddle: Whose 'memories' and opinions of TMR's early years are Harry and we subjected to in book 6; whose speculations of Riddle's motivations and inner workings are we forced to accept as gospel? All from a man whose motives are suspect and who we've learned through FIVE previous books doesn't believe in child abuse or, if he does, believes that it's for the best (Harry & Neville) or not his concern because the children *might* be 'dark' or going 'dark' (Severus & Riddle)! The Dark Lord Dumbles practically guarantees the latter, but Rowling still holds him up as a 'paragon'! Thwwwiiittt!
I'll let ya go and hope I haven't offended you too badly.;)
Thanks for another great chapter!
Take care and Happy New Year!
MelJ
DALucifer13 chapter 10 . 1/2/2018
Roy gild, gilderoy lockhart
Of Trials and Tribulations chapter 25 . 1/2/2018
I look forward to Dumbledork's trial! Keep up the good work!
Yana5 chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
This story is fantastic. Thank you for the update
Kira.Chi.9 chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
What a great start to the year! Thank you for the update! I'm glad this story is being continued!
sunsethill chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
It's lovely to see a new chapter for this story. I plan to do a full reread now that you are working on this again.
azulkan2 chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
Glad to see this updated. Looking forward to more.
firedawg chapter 26 . 1/2/2018
Great story and a good read. Harry was rather cagey dropping things on Prof Fliwick but understandable. Looking forward to more. Thank you.
2,993 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »