Reviews for Harry Potter: My Life Is My Own
RykOakwine chapter 4 . 7/26
At first I was trying to figure out why this was labeled an AU when the only difference was Harry having a perfect memory. Then we get to the Goblins and their completely OOC behavior illustrates why this is truly an alternate universe story.

That's a shame, since most alternate universe stories have far less in the way of dramatic conflict (due to the challenges of the canon universe being alternated into either allies or at least neutrals, such as the canon hostile/neutral goblins here being changed into helpful, courteous, allies of Harry simply because he's Harry Potter.

No only does this reduce dramatic conflict it's a terrible cliché by this point.

And he's the heir of the founders? And the reason no previous previous Potters took that up was because they didn't want the hassle. So James, fighting a war against Voldemort, just said, "nah, I don't want to knowkwe other vaults are, it would surely be troublesome, I'll just save it for one of my descendents..."

And every Potter heir for hundreds of years said he same thing, all to allow for it to be there when Harry shows up.

There's a word for such overly convenient plot devices: "contrived"..

Because it's simply unbelievable that hundreds of years of Potters would just not bother due to what a hassle it would probably be. Who needs all that political power and prestige, it would be a hassle!

And, yes, it's also a huge cliché in Harry Potter fanfic, and it's a plot device that serves no purpose other than to give Harry yet another power up. For no reason other than he's Harry Potter.

Huge warning flags in chapter 4, warning of a clichéd Harry Sue wankfest.

I'll give a few more chapters a chance, but after Ch 4 I'm wary.
CheetahPosition chapter 25 . 7/21
petersong952 chapter 7 . 7/8
Amelia Bones is waaay younger than graduating in 1940
bellebrooke14 chapter 25 . 7/4
Please update! I've been reading this for days and need it to continue! One of the best FF's ve read
Henri chapter 13 . 6/30
Im like harry with the math. I am taking AP Stat and Honors trig next year as a sophmore and will take AP calc as a junior.
Henri chapter 7 . 6/29
Not that its a bad thing, but you are really bad at making cryptic prophecies. Great story. Its two in the morning tho so i should go to sleep.
Henri chapter 1 . 6/29
And so begin the process of being a powerful occlumens.
Drew86419 chapter 7 . 6/29
You are making this story way to fucking stupid. If you are trying to make it emotional, you are completely failing. You are trying to go from humor, which is not funny at all, to emotional. Learn how to write a story properly. Please.
cruzcartoon chapter 3 . 6/27
The part with the book reminded me of the the first ep of suits
Isabelle chapter 25 . 6/21
Did you abandon this story ? I liked it and would have enjoyed knowing what'd happen
Greekmytholgy chapter 1 . 6/18
sasel chapter 25 . 6/15
I hope you post soon a new chapter.
I find your FF really great.
sorry my english is not good

NotaFro chapter 25 . 6/14
This is a really captivating story and I hope to hear/read more from you soon!
Smellerbe chapter 25 . 6/11
This always happens... I read a story nonstop till the last chapter for it to turn out that it has been abandoned. I don't understand how an author can just up and ignore a story that they created.
Divine Protector of Skyrim chapter 25 . 5/24
I love this story! This amongst the best fanfics that I've read, but you leave us hanging! Why? This is a great story! And it's giving me ideas for the Harry Potter story I plan on writing after I start and finish my Dragonheart saga for Elder Scrolls series. Get off your butt and get back onto writing this story!
2,486 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »