Reviews for Leverage
silverflight8 chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
This was amazing. It's clear and articulated and exactly the sort of thing Padmé would say. I've always rather hated the explanation her death is given in the films, but this makes perfect sense. Really wonderful.
Obsessivebookworm14 chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
This was beautifully done and really shows a different aspect of Padme's death... I believe this is what she was thinking/feeling as she was dying. Once again great job.
ForceForGood chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I'd never thought of Padme's death in this light before! What an intelligent interpretation of events. Thank you for this.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
I agree! I love this story, because there are too many people out there who view Padme as weak for her death at the end of ROTS. I've always believed that Padme sacrificed herself for her children, and that she chose to die so that Luke and Leia could live. I'm just glad you were able to put all that into a lovely little story :)
chrys chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Beautiful. I've always thought that Padme's character was too strong to give up so easily. You've created a marvelous piece of work here to give another reason why she would have chosen death over life.
Ms.MaraJade chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
This was so incredibly done!

Kudos to you for giving Padme the strength and the honor she deserves. Your story makes a lot of sense and truly gives a deeper facet to her character.

Beautiful and poignant.

Take care.
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Great story! I agree with the previous reviewers; that Padmé would die of a broken heart seems quite out of character for her. I love the idea that she died for the sake of her children: That seems like the Senator we saw in TPM and AoTC!
dm1 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I agree, that idea that she died of heartbreak was totally out of character. This at least gives a more intelligent spin on her decision. It's not a cop out, the act of a coward, which Padme is not. Rather, a calculated act of what is good for the many.

Well done, in transforming one of the lamest scenes of the movie into something so much more!
Jasper01 chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Thank goodness. Someone finally comes up with a decent explanation for the seemingly lame death of a rather spunky character.

Padme's death cheesed me off no end. Honestly, how does a chick who has spent her life since the age of fourteen being shot at die in such a pathetic way?

I have you to thank for resurrecting that scene for me.
Gray Dawntreader chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Very accurate, methinks. Great job!