Reviews for Adjacent Soul
Organic Donut with SPRINKLES chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
that was really nice. great idea.
Wafarasu chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Such a great depth towards their shared soul.
Shadow Kitsune67 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Aww. This was sweet. I love this implied pairing. I started to feel for Kikyo towards the end of the series. .I like this (:
Iggy - Essence of Angst chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
"Do you know what's it's like to live in someone's shadow?"

That line struck me quite poignantly. Because one character is the reminder of the other, yet tied together intricately in way that they are never... quite... their own individuals without the reminder.

I think the confession was a bit too emotional. Yes, I know, that was the whole point of this short story, but Kikyou has a way of revealing confessions by saying little and "showing" little but meaning a lot.

Like her line in the episode "Kikyou and Kagome: Trapped in a Cave" - at the end, she says to Kagome "Why? Why did you save a dead person like me?"

Kagome answers "Because someone would be very sad if I didn't."

And as Kagome walks away, Kikyou says more to herself "You too." I don't know if you've watched the sub version, but she says "omae ni wa." She is still addressing Kagome in a non-respectful fashion, but she does so with a smile as if she has come to a new understanding of the girl.

Just one line and the viewer is receiving the conveyed message: that Kikyou has come to a new understand for Kagome's role in Inuyasha's life, and that Kikyou recognizes it as such, even as she knows Inuyasha will likely always feel affection for herself as well.

It's a complicated character, one that I myself have inaccurately portrayed, because Kikyou's body language and words tend to be so subtle that most of it is implication rather than outright portrayal.

However, I do like the way you immediately went straight to the point on this one. I like that she recognized Kagome as a maturing woman rather than just "a girl."

"Kikyou can only think of taunting her, her last veiled attempt to keep Kagome away - to stop the ache." - Very interesting... I've never quite looked at it that way, surprisingly enough, but it's definitely an intriguing aspect as to why Kikyou says what she says.

All in all, I did enjoy this despite all my critiquing. I have yet to get back to portraying Kikyou, mainly because it's very hard to do so without falling in fandom cliche... but maybe sometime in the future.

Your writing flows quite well, and your portrayal of Kikyou's "ache" tied to her reincarnation, as well as recognizing what causes it to consistently surface, is done very nicely.

Thanks for the read and the introspection...

One more thing: it's nice to read something that isn't a deliberate attempt to "snuff out" the other woman's existence in regards to Inuyasha.

So for that... many thanks. :)
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
interesting that 'inuyasha' is all about growth, self discovery, and redemption. even naraku set the stage from which the right wish could be used.

this story was enlightening and heartening. kikyou seems to be one of the characters in the series whose personality had changed the most... or returned to the way she was before her death.

lovely!

a pleasure,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
Midoriko chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I love it! This is exactly what I want Kikyo and kagome's encounter to be! I love your descriptions! Its very close to perfection!_ Im glad that you didn't made Kikyo an old antagonist bitch! Just like what I read on other crappy fics!

I always adore Kikyo and you made me like kagome on this one!

Im the very first one to give you a review! Keep on writting more! Your story is very nice!_